Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:16 pm

Apologies if this was covered upthread and I missed it. I asked several months ago whether (grandfathered, at least) members were receiving heli-transfers to and from NYC on JetDeals, and the answer was yes, from TEB and HPN. Has anyone gotten one of these recently? I took empty legs last week to and from TEB, and was not offered one. Admittedly, I didnt ask, but am interested for future reference.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Not after renewal...

It is my understanding that heli transfers will no longer be complimentary for neither shuttles nor empty legs after membership renewal. So for me the Jan 8th heli transfer from 30th Street heliport to HPN for the HPN -VNY shuttle is complimentary but after my renewal on Jan 28th it will not be.

Steve

Originally Posted by millions
Apologies if this was covered upthread and I missed it. I asked several months ago whether (grandfathered, at least) members were receiving heli-transfers to and from NYC on JetDeals, and the answer was yes, from TEB and HPN. Has anyone gotten one of these recently? I took empty legs last week to and from TEB, and was not offered one. Admittedly, I didnt ask, but am interested for future reference.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:04 pm

I understand that. My question concerns pre-renewal (note the parenthetical). I'm just wondering whether heli would have been provided if I asked, if they're only being provided for HPN now, or if they've been eliminated for JetDeals altogether.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL, UA
I understand that. My question concerns pre-renewal (note the parenthetical). I'm just wondering whether heli would have been provided if I asked, if they're only being provided for HPN now, or if they've been eliminated for JetDeals altogether.
it's in the app. if you want one, you book it at the same time you book the flight. if you don't book it, they're not going to ask you specifically. it's a-la-carte, and up to you to request/book it.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by cakiwi
it's in the app. if you want one, you book it at the same time you book the flight. if you don't book it, they're not going to ask you specifically. it's a-la-carte, and up to you to request/book it.
It most certainly was not in the app for the JetDeals, and I'm pretty sure it never has been. I don't know how much clearer I can be that I'm talking about empty legs, not shuttles.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Looks like they raised $105M, so we can enjoy this for a bit longer:

https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/12/ja...-private-jets/

XOJet's President joining the board can't be a bad thing.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:19 am

You request it in the app. You book a Jet Deal and it's not necessarily instantly confirmed. At the same time you request it you request a heli transfer if it confirms. Point is you have to make the request.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:28 pm

You request it in the app. You book a Jet Deal and it's not necessarily instantly confirmed. At the same time you request it you request a heli transfer if it confirms. Point is you have to make the request.
Seriously, what are you talking about? I have never ever seen an option to request a heli-transfer in app on a jet deal. If you can show me a screen shot, I'd love to see it. I'd also be happy to hear you tell me you've recently received a free heli transfer on an empty leg out of or into Teterboro. Otherwise, you're just producing a bunch of noise.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:58 pm

http://www.cntraveler.com/story/jets...te-jet-flights
This article states that they estimate that the company would have flown 55,000 unique people in 2016, when this article (http://hauteliving.com/2016/12/luxur...rossov/625635/) states that they've flown "more than" 20,000 unique travelers in the last 12 months. Maybe they have an elaborate plan to fly 35,000 unique people in the next three weeks?

The article also states that the company is worth $1.5 billion. I had no clue that it was worth anywhere remotely near that number. In the words of one of their investors (Jay-Z), "we don't believe you, you need more people"
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:11 pm

Seriously, what are you talking about? I have never ever seen an option to request a heli-transfer in app on a jet deal. If you can show me a screen shot, I'd love to see it. I'd also be happy to hear you tell me you've recently received a free heli transfer on an empty leg out of or into Teterboro. Otherwise, you're just producing a bunch of noise.
When you request the jet deal and provide them your names, Dob for the passengers, at the same time request a heli transfer. Didn't realize it needed to be spelled out. Sorry for any confusion but that's how it works for me.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:28 pm

When you request the jet deal and provide them your names, Dob for the passengers, at the same time request a heli transfer. Didn't realize it needed to be spelled out. Sorry for any confusion but that's how it works for me.
Yeah, well, I'm a slow one. Lemme see if I've got it now. I asked whether heli-transfers were available from NY, noted that I wasn't offered one (like one is offered in-app when one books a shuttle), and wondered whether I needed to ask. You responded with "it's in the app." Now it seems you're telling me that by "it's in the app," what you really meant was that I needed to ask using the app to communicate. But that's not really in the app, is it?

After all this, I still don't know whether complimentary heli-transfers are still being offered for those who joined prior to June, do I? Because you didn't, did you?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sykes

Crazy.

But agree on XOJEt's President joining.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:08 am

Yeah, well, I'm a slow one. Lemme see if I've got it now. I asked whether heli-transfers were available from NY, noted that I wasn't offered one (like one is offered in-app when one books a shuttle), and wondered whether I needed to ask. You responded with "it's in the app." Now it seems you're telling me that by "it's in the app," what you really meant was that I needed to ask using the app to communicate. But that's not really in the app, is it?

After all this, I still don't know whether complimentary heli-transfers are still being offered for those who joined prior to June, do I? Because you didn't, did you?
Apparently I'm just making a bunch of noise. My advice is that you walk. I'll wave from my helicopter transfer... I'd prefer not to share it with you....! :-o
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes

Serious Question: What information could they possibly be giving that would make this seem like a wise investment?

They're offering unlimited transcon and shuttle flights, and empty legs, for $11,000/year. Meanwhile Surf Air is offering the same unlimited program solely within California (+ Las Vegas) for around $24,000 a year. How could they possibly be breaking even, let alone making a profit?

I agree it could be a lot of fun as a customer if you can get your money's worth out of it, I just don't see how its sustainable or makes sense as an investment. It seems like over the past 2 years we've seen a constant increase in price, and while shuttles have expanded, they don't seem to have a clear strategy, adding additional fees here and there and constantly changing their pricing/membership structure. I even see how this could make money if they were solely doing empty legs, but I don't see how they're making money on the shuttles unless people are paying the membership fee and only flying once or twice a year. Could there be more people doing that than we realize?

Could JetSmarter actually have a feasible plan to profitability?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Could JetSmarter actually have a feasible plan to profitability?
Lose money on every sale, but make it up on volume.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.