Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2015, 6:18 am

OneWorld Timetables

Originally Posted by tt7
Same here. Trying to add a SYD-AKL flight in March 2016. QF flies 5x/day - the tool insists the only available flight is a LAN flight. Similarly adding PHX-ANC -- this is an (old) US Air flight (now AA) that is flown year-round - the tool insists there are no flights. In both these cases, if you simply do a flight search from the oneworld homepage, the flights show up fine. As is, the tool is useless....
Same here; very frustrating. I use the 'offline' tool, the OneWorld Timetables, to search for available flights/routing. They can be imperfect too, but at least you have a guide to flights.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by tt7
Same here. Trying to add a SYD-AKL flight in March 2016. QF flies 5x/day - the tool insists the only available flight is a LAN flight. Similarly adding PHX-ANC -- this is an (old) US Air flight (now AA) that is flown year-round - the tool insists there are no flights. In both these cases, if you simply do a flight search from the oneworld homepage, the flights show up fine. As is, the tool is useless....
The tool has a bug not finding availability on any QF flights operated by Jetconnect (which is most of the trans-tasman flights).
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
NRT-DEL non-stop not showing

Can't seem to pull-up the JL749 (NRT-DEL, non-stop) in the ow Plan and Book page. I check dozens of dates (for Jan/Feb 2016).

However, when check same flight on Flight Search page, it does show!

This online xONEx tool is so buggy that it is borderline being useless. Anyone else having same problem?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Can't seem to pull-up the JL749 (NRT-DEL, non-stop) in the ow Plan and Book page. I check dozens of dates (for Jan/Feb 2016).

However, when check same flight on Flight Search page, it does show!

This online xONEx tool is so buggy that it is borderline being useless. Anyone else having same problem?
Yes with loads of routes
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The tool has a bug not finding availability on any QF flights operated by Jetconnect (which is most of the trans-tasman flights).
Yes I have been immensely frustrated by this in helping a friend make a booking. Very annoying.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:08 am
tt7

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Any ideas how to get this (and other issues) fixed (or at least let oneworld know so that someone can decide to do nothing)?

IIRC, I emailed oneworld some years ago about some issue (can't remember what) so it used to be possible but the current website has no contact information at all that I can find. All the obvious contact information on the website just sends you to the individual airline sites. I did find one of the FAQs that had a reference to 'use the link to the enquiry form below' ..... but somewhat inevitably, there was nothing 'below'. There seems to be no way to contact oneworld at all (no phone #, no email, no form) short of randomly guessing email addresses that might work ("[email protected]", "[email protected]" etc.). Anybody have any suggestions? I can try calling the AA EXP desk and see if they can figure out an AA "oneworld liaison" who might be able to help. As it is, the online tool is virtually unusable (at least for some of us) - what a way to run a business.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose oneworld isn't really a business ... they just do a bit of marketing and optional coordination for their clients. I would be surprised if they employed more than ten people directly.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:01 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by tt7
Any ideas how to get this (and other issues) fixed (or at least let oneworld know so that someone can decide to do nothing)?

IIRC, I emailed oneworld some years ago about some issue (can't remember what) so it used to be possible but the current website has no contact information at all that I can find. All the obvious contact information on the website just sends you to the individual airline sites. I did find one of the FAQs that had a reference to 'use the link to the enquiry form below' ..... but somewhat inevitably, there was nothing 'below'. There seems to be no way to contact oneworld at all (no phone #, no email, no form) short of randomly guessing email addresses that might work ("[email protected]", "[email protected]" etc.). Anybody have any suggestions? I can try calling the AA EXP desk and see if they can figure out an AA "oneworld liaison" who might be able to help. As it is, the online tool is virtually unusable (at least for some of us) - what a way to run a business.
Perhaps try contacting Qantas? After all they are the ones who miss out on bookings due to the bug.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I suppose oneworld isn't really a business ... they just do a bit of marketing and optional coordination for their clients. I would be surprised if they employed more than ten people directly.
There are indeed more than 10 people.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Anyone had troubles recently pricing an itinerary with BA as the ticketing carrier?

While I mention that, the tool was also having trouble displaying any BA Flights on or after 1st January 2016.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by SQ421
Anyone had troubles recently pricing an itinerary with BA as the ticketing carrier?

While I mention that, the tool was also having trouble displaying any BA Flights on or after 1st January 2016.
Nope
I was pricing up an itinerary just this morning - first flight BA CPT-LHR in July'16. Gets right through to the Homeland Security information page (which is the final step before BA gives you the PNR for the itinerary and instructs you to phone its office in the country of origin to pay - assuming the US is in the itinerary of course)
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Nope
I was pricing up an itinerary just this morning - first flight BA CPT-LHR in July'16. Gets right through to the Homeland Security information page (which is the final step before BA gives you the PNR for the itinerary and instructs you to phone its office in the country of origin to pay - assuming the US is in the itinerary of course)
I've been trying all week with JNB-xLHR-DXB as my first two segments (BA/QF) and no dice. Won't show any flights beyond 31/12 and won't price the itinerary.

Tried again with CPT-LHR and same deal. This time, the tool won't show any flights even in December.

Sigh.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:08 am

I've been trying all week with JNB-xLHR-DXB as my first two segments (BA/QF) and no dice. Won't show any flights beyond 31/12 and won't price the itinerary.

Tried again with CPT-LHR and same deal. This time, the tool won't show any flights even in December.

Sigh.
You must be doing something wrong, because I was easily able to price up this DONE4 itinerary JNB-xLHR-DXB-DOH-LAX-HKG-JNB. First flights are BA & QF in March '16; all-in cost ~ZAR71,600

What is your proposed itinerary? There might be something in it that is causing you this grief.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
You must be doing something wrong, because I was easily able to price up this DONE4 itinerary JNB-xLHR-DXB-DOH-LAX-HKG-JNB. First flights are BA & QF in March '16; all-in cost ~ZAR71,600

What is your proposed itinerary? There might be something in it that is causing you this grief.
JNB-xLHR-DXB-xLHR-DFW-xPHX-xANC-xPHX-ORD-MIA-xDFW-SYD-AKL-PER-CBR-SYD-JNB

Best I can think of is the AKL-PER service which is seasonal (though I've obviously selected the flight on a date it is operating) that is causing troubles.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:29 pm

JNB-xLHR-DXB-xLHR-DFW-xPHX-xANC-xPHX-ORD-MIA-xDFW-SYD-AKL-PER-CBR-SYD-JNB

Best I can think of is the AKL-PER service which is seasonal (though I've obviously selected the flight on a date it is operating) that is causing troubles.
YGM

I was able to set up your itinerary using the online tool; it priced up OK and seemed perfectly OK
So I don't understand why you are having the difficulties you are having
Perhaps try clearing your cookies and stuff like that, or maybe use a different browser (I find the tool seems to work better using Chrome rather than InternetExplorer)

Last edited by pandaperth; Dec 14, 2015 at 7:51 pm Reason: typos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.