Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The tool has a bug not finding availability on any QF flights operated by Jetconnect (which is most of the trans-tasman flights).
QF flights operated by jetconnect are again available on the oneworld RTW tool. Yay!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this a new one?

It only appears after I fill in segment 8.

It's an annoying one because I can't remove the city from my itinerary: the "back to the map" link doesn't work until you delete the errors. But if you change it out of a surface sector you get a different error. Eventually by changing the sectors around it to and from surface sectors it cleans itself up.

Also, no Jet Connect flights loaded, as far as I can see.

Last edited by Calchas; Aug 25, 2016 at 6:24 am
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:07 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

there is/used to be a rule preventing 2 trans-continental Australian flights
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there is/used to be a rule preventing 2 trans-continental Australian flights
Yes, that rule exists. Which is why I made it a surface sector.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:24 pm

QF flights operated by jetconnect are again available on the oneworld RTW tool. Yay!
Hmm, I am trying to add a direct segment BNE-AKL in the tool, but no flights are showing up. Such a flight exists in the flight search operated by JetConnect, but the tool is only showing indirect flights for the days I've checked (~July 2017). Weird thing is that the date popup on the tool colours the days dark blue to indicate there should be a direct flight...but after the search there is none.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timbouk
Hmm, I am trying to add a direct segment BNE-AKL in the tool, but no flights are showing up. Such a flight exists in the flight search operated by JetConnect, but the tool is only showing indirect flights for the days I've checked (~July 2017). Weird thing is that the date popup on the tool colours the days dark blue to indicate there should be a direct flight...but after the search there is none.
I had the same problem for SYD-CHC.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:57 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

sounds like the bug has reverted
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:55 pm

Question

Does anyone have any ideas on why these two itineraries are priced very differently by the online RTW tool? Tested both of these just now:
  • USD 3778 ($2991 base + $787) - LONE5 - Routing: Johannesburg - Sao Paulo - Buenos Aires - Santiago - Easter Island - Tahiti - Auckland - Sydney - Shanghai - Hong Kong - Delhi - Tokyo - Bangkok - Amman - Vienna - London - Mauritius
  • USD 2784 ($2038 base + $746) - LONE5 - Routing: Johannesburg - Sao Paulo - Santiago - Easter Island - Santiago - Buenos Aires - Dallas/Ft. Worth - Beijing - Hong Kong - Delhi - Tokyo - Bangkok - Amman - Istanbul - London - Mauritius

Both start on JJ8163 from JNB to SAO and touch 5 continents. Shouldn't the base fare be the same? Thank you for any insight! 🙌
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Yes, it should be the same. My guess is that your DFW is a transit and a bug in the software is pricing it as an LONE4.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by VaguelyCynical
Does anyone have any ideas on why these two itineraries are priced very differently by the online RTW tool? Tested both of these just now:
  • USD 3778 ($2991 base + $787) - LONE5 - Routing: Johannesburg - Sao Paulo - Buenos Aires - Santiago - Easter Island - Tahiti - Auckland - Sydney - Shanghai - Hong Kong - Delhi - Tokyo - Bangkok - Amman - Vienna - London - Mauritius
  • USD 2784 ($2038 base + $746) - LONE5 - Routing: Johannesburg - Sao Paulo - Santiago - Easter Island - Santiago - Buenos Aires - Dallas/Ft. Worth - Beijing - Hong Kong - Delhi - Tokyo - Bangkok - Amman - Istanbul - London - Mauritius

Both start on JJ8163 from JNB to SAO and touch 5 continents. Shouldn't the base fare be the same? Thank you for any insight! 🙌
Buy the cheap one and change it later.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Just tried the tool for the first time. Here's the itin I was trying to book: CAI-LHR-DOH-CDG-DOH-SYD-NRT-DEL-NRT-CMB-NRT-BOS-LAX-MBJ-LAX-DOH-CAI. The only problem I had with the online tool is that it would only allow 15 segments. Said that my itin was invalid for too many segments. Removed the last one (DOH-CAI) and it was fine. (Since it's not until July, I assume that there will be schedule changes before I start, anyway.)

So I called AA RTW Desk and booked it there. Very nice and apparently knowledgeable agent; he validated it, was mildly amused that I'm flying so much with only one real stop (BOS). (I also have a >24 hour stop in Los Angeles, but barely, at 27 hours. Just enough time to have a day off and maybe do a little sightseeing.) Submitted to rate desk for faring, should be back in a day or two.

The recent rule change so that local ticket issue in country of origin is no longer required is a most welcome one. Makes the whole process much smoother. Unfortunately, this will undoubtedly cost Mindpearl some non-trivial amount of business, -- they were always both knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Just tried the tool for the first time. Here's the itin I was trying to book: CAI-LHR-DOH-CDG-DOH-SYD-NRT-DEL-NRT-CMB-NRT-BOS-LAX-MBJ-LAX-DOH-CAI. The only problem I had with the online tool is that it would only allow 15 segments. Said that my itin was invalid for too many segments. Removed the last one (DOH-CAI) and it was fine. (Since it's not until July, I assume that there will be schedule changes before I start, anyway.)

So I called AA RTW Desk and booked it there. Very nice and apparently knowledgeable agent; he validated it, was mildly amused that I'm flying so much with only one real stop (BOS). (I also have a >24 hour stop in Los Angeles, but barely, at 27 hours. Just enough time to have a day off and maybe do a little sightseeing.) Submitted to rate desk for faring, should be back in a day or two.

The recent rule change so that local ticket issue in country of origin is no longer required is a most welcome one. Makes the whole process much smoother. Unfortunately, this will undoubtedly cost Mindpearl some non-trivial amount of business, -- they were always both knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with.
Did the tool offer you the option of booking online? (I assume not). Did whoever you dealt with at the AA RTW desk have any comments about the ex-CAI fares, like many of us were receiving while booking the ex-MPM fares?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
I had no comments re: CAI start when I booked last Friday, other than call back on Mon/Tue to day after the rates people have time enough to calculate.

I suspect it is still a bit early for Cairo specific comments. Or maybe all the die-hard xONEx people already have their tickets for the next year.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Did the tool offer you the option of booking online? (I assume not). Did whoever you dealt with at the AA RTW desk have any comments about the ex-CAI fares, like many of us were receiving while booking the ex-MPM fares?
No, no option to book online. It told me that there was an error in the online payment/ticketing process (even after I had removed the 16th segment), that this ticket could not be ticketed online, and that I should call BA (carrier of my first flight, CAI-LHR).

No comments about ex-CAI fares. Agent couldn't have been more pleasant, actually. I expect that by Monday, they'll start to figure this out.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
I had no comments re: CAI start when I booked last Friday, other than call back on Mon/Tue to day after the rates people have time enough to calculate.

I suspect it is still a bit early for Cairo specific comments. Or maybe all the die-hard xONEx people already have their tickets for the next year.

Happy wandering

Fred
many people have 1 or more ex mpm tickets in hand. it is hard to fly another rtw.. no matter how cheap it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.