Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
DFW-ANC-DFW schedule (AA metal) not showing for summer

Know DFW-ANC-DFW is seasonal.

Despite seeing it on the oneworld Timetables (and on aa dot com, AA2287) , I tried to choose flights in JULY on the ow tool to no avail.

I certainly don't want to fly US in-out of PHX
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Know DFW-ANC-DFW is seasonal.

Despite seeing it on the oneworld Timetables (and on aa dot com, AA2287) , I tried to choose flights in JULY on the ow tool to no avail.

I certainly don't want to fly US in-out of PHX
Mmmm - doesn't look like it's a bug
In ExpertFlyer I pulled up some random dates in August, and there was never any availability in booking class A (which is what is needed on an First or Business class Explorer fare)
So it looks like AA is not making any available
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by pandaperth
In ExpertFlyer I pulled up some random dates in August, and there was never any availability in booking class A (which is what is needed on an First or Business class Explorer fare)
Maybe AA haven't sorted out how they are operating the ANC flights this year. They have been operated by 757s in the past. Aren't AA retiring a lot of their 757s?

When I used these flights, I had been planning to fly HKG-ORD (on the then new CX flight), then ORD-ANC-DFW. The ORD-ANC flight was canned just before I could lock in the ticket and I had to replan my trip.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by pandaperth
I noticed the same thing over the past couple of weeks planning an AONE4. It's one of the few (only?) flights over 3,000 miles, so it gets you a huge bonus for the 2015 promotion; but no A class availability.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I noticed the same thing over the past couple of weeks planning an AONE4. It's one of the few (only?) flights over 3,000 miles, so it gets you a huge bonus for the 2015 promotion; but no A class availability.
Some AA coded BA flights (LHR-DXB) are eligible.
JL's NRT-CGK is over 3000miles and AA code shared, and F is provided.
However, according to the Expert Flyer, only business and economy are bookable with AA code. I can not find F and A availability of AA code of NRT-CGK.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:33 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Himeno
Maybe AA haven't sorted out how they are operating the ANC flights this year. They have been operated by 757s in the past. Aren't AA retiring a lot of their 757s?
It's shown as a 757 this year too, just a different flight number than in previous years.

I think DFW-ANC remains the longest AA flight in continental N. America offering F/A.

Looking at EF, the completely blocked first class cabin on many days makes me think there might be some sort of contract at work here, possibly with one or more cruise lines. (This is a huge moneymaker route during the Alaska cruise season.)

It's also worth remembering that A is also an upgrade bucket (miles) on AA as well as an RTW bucket. You'll probably see some A capacity at T minus a couple of days, of course annoying for xONEx users.

As for relying on US metal out of PHX, honestly, the AA 757s are pretty miserable on those long sectors anyway, and while US' A320s are no dream machines, and you'll need to bring your own IFE, the 2500-mile flight from PHX isn't that much of a hardship if you really want to get to Alaska. I know it misses the AA bonus, but them's the breaks.

On an unrelated but very interesting front, it got past me that AA has started LAX-YVR service on Eagle's shiny new E175s (with nice J/D seats). This is the first time you can use an xONEx product between LAX and farther up the west coast than SFO. They've also started LAX-YEG (Edmonton) using a CR9 (also with a front cabin) but will be transitioning to an E175 at some point this spring. Compass is the contract carrier, but in Eagle livery, thus still eligible for RTWs, unlike all the Alaska codeshares AA uses on the west coast.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Some AA coded BA flights (LHR-DXB) are eligible.
Actually, any AA coded flight operated by BA gets the bonus, but you can only get the AA flight number if you are connecting from or to a TATL AA numbered flight.

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
JL's NRT-CGK is over 3000 miles and AA code shared, and F is provided. However, according to the Expert Flyer, only business and economy are bookable with AA code. I can not find F and A availability of AA code of NRT-CGK.
I thought that initially when I started planning; but I've found some A availability. Looks as though I'll be able to get what I need. But same thing as BA, -- any AA coded flight operated by JL gets the bonus; but you won't get the AA codeshare number within Asia unless connecting to or from an AA numbered TPAC flight.

Note that this applies to flights operated by US, BA, IB, AY, QF and JL and does not apply to flights operated by CX, much to my chagrin.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Apr 25, 2015 at 10:06 am
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, any AA coded flight operated by BA gets the bonus, but you can only get the AA flight number if you are connecting from or to a TATL AA numbered flight.

I thought that initially when I started planning; but I've found some A availability. Looks as though I'll be able to get what I need. But same thing as BA, -- any AA coded flight operated by JL gets the bonus; but you won't get the AA codeshare number within Asia unless connecting to or from an AA numbered TPAC flight.
It's worth asking for the codeshare you want if you're doing a RTW.

They don't always seem to remember the rule. I suppose it is a side effect of manual pricing.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
It's worth asking for the codeshare you want if you're doing a RTW.

They don't always seem to remember the rule. I suppose it is a side effect of manual pricing.
Good point. I will, and will report back here. Won't be making the booking for another week or so, though.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:03 am

The first trip I booked just after the current tool was created started with CBR-SYD-LAX-PDX.
CBR-SYD was an AA codeshare. SYD-LAX was the normal QF code. LAX-PDX was a QF coded AS flight.
Trip was ticketed with no problems.
No one noticed until about 10 days before departure when the AA contract office in BNE called me to tell me about flight time changes (all of which I already knew about).
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
I can't seem to find any availability in economy or business on any QF flight operated by Jetconnect at the moment

Makes it almost impossible to include NZ (only LA SYD-AKL and QF mainline operated PER-AKL flights available).
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
I was just about to post about the complete non-availablity on any QF flights trans-Tasman ... Expertflyer is showing D class availablity on most flights but the online RTW booking tool is not bringing them up at all ...
Has there been a change in the rules regarding Jetconnect operated QF flights ?
Or is it a bug in the online booking tool ?
I was about to book an AONE4 RTW using the tool but I need to get to NZ !
Anyone able to shed any light on this ...?
Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
I expect it is a bug rather than a rule change. FWIW it worked fine just a few days ago.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
I figured that it was not likely to be a rule change
And do we just wait and see if the bug goes away ... ?
I'd really like to get a booking done including NZ ... I know i can do the itinerary without it and then call and pay the re-issue fee and get flights put in etc but would prefer not to
And as an aside - my recent dealings with the AA RTW desk have not been as good as in the past - not sure whether this is change of staff but my last few calls they have not been as helpful or knowledgeable ....

Last edited by pianoperson; Jun 27, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by pianoperson
And as an aside - my recent dealings with the AA RTW desk have not been as good as in the past - not sure whether this is change of staff but my last few calls they have not been as helpful or knowledgeable ....
As far as I'm aware, there has been a number of staff changes at the RTW desk, merger related issues, and a change to the rates desk. These tickets used to be sent to the rates desk in Dublin for pricing. That office was closed.
US also seems to think that xONEx fares are awards, not revenue.
(I tried to change a flight on my DONE3 last year [time change on LAX-IAH]. It was US operated, so the AA staff I spoke to about making the change in JFK, ORD, LAX and SFO weren't able to access the system to make the change. I spoke to US at LAS. The agent called their rates desk a number of times and they kept insisting that it was an award ticket that couldn't be changed. Still don't understand how they could think that when it was CX issued and I only have QF membership. CX US refused, saying it's not our flight, AA said they'd like to but couldn't due to system issues, US refused claiming award. Finally got CX UK to change it.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.