Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
I've given up trying to understand the RTW tool. But I just tried July 13th and go AA7366 in D.
I can't explain why I can't get QF. I even tried breaking it up as JFK-LAX and then LAX-SYD and only the AA flights show. I get QF for LAX-SYD but only QF12
I also got it when I tried again. So I'm still uncertain whether this is bugs in the RTW tool or flunctuating availability; despite what Kiwiflyer says I still suspect the tool. Not least because I was deep into the problem of making it accept a Europe-NAm-SAm-NAm(Transit)-Asia routing using the hint posted much earlier in this thread of selecting flights on a valid SAm-NAm(Transit)-Asia route then adding the other parts.

Reload and try again; HUCA for the Internet.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: Qantas
Hello FTers, I am very new to this forum and a bit confused by the number of threads etc. so hopefully I'm not posting in the wrong topic.

I am trying to book a LONE4 that goes this route :

ORY -> MAD -> GYE -> LIM then SCL -> (through SYD) MEL then SYD -> BKK then HAN -> NRT then HND -> PEK then BME -> (through MAD) ORY

According to the xONEx online tool, this itinerary is fitting the restrictions. But when right after I enter my travellers details and process the request, I get the following error that I have seen a couple times on this forum :

We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 421)

I have been trying to change some flights and dates as they say, but I keep getting this error over and over again. What can I do ?

EDIT : I've been trying to change flights as they say in the error and I have come to realize that if you include any AA flight in the itinerary, the booking website address changes from http://wftc2.e-travel.com to http://americanairlines.eu.amadeus.com/. And of course, this one works but adds me 400 € to my bill since I have to travel through MIA instead of direct between MAD and GYE. Any clue on how to go around this ?

Thank you for your help

Last edited by Ikhisa; Jun 15, 2014 at 6:49 pm
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Question re CPT start and booking tool

I tried the oneworld booking tool for a DONE4 originating CPT. There is a red triangle on the first segment warning of the transit without stopover on one of the European transits. I loaded in
CPT-LHR-DXB-LHR-LAX-SJU-DFW-ANC-DFW-JFK-HKG-NRT-CGK-NRT-BKK-LHR-DAR.

I was not asked to choose flights, don't see anywhere to do so before completing itin. It says my itin is unfinished, and when I push the finish button, it takes me to CPT from DAR and says I have too many segments. I'd love to omit DAR and just go to CPT, but I know that's against the rules as I recall them. Obviously, my last London transit will be the short stop, and I don't see any other problems. Any hints?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by skipaway
I tried the oneworld booking tool for a DONE4 originating CPT. There is a red triangle on the first segment warning of the transit without stopover on one of the European transits. I loaded in
CPT-LHR-DXB-LHR-LAX-SJU-DFW-ANC-DFW-JFK-HKG-NRT-CGK-NRT-BKK-LHR-DAR.

I was not asked to choose flights, don't see anywhere to do so before completing itin. It says my itin is unfinished, and when I push the finish button, it takes me to CPT from DAR and says I have too many segments. I'd love to omit DAR and just go to CPT, but I know that's against the rules as I recall them. Obviously, my last London transit will be the short stop, and I don't see any other problems. Any hints?

Your intinerary does have a problem. It does not comply with the new rules regarding a second visit to Europe, because it includes South Africa

Rule 3.2.1 states
One of the visits to Europe must be a
transfer without stopover between Africa
and the previous/next continent.
Travel may not include Mauritius/South Africa
Also BA no longer flies LHR-DAR (closest destinations to Sth Africa are LAD and NBO)

Last edited by pandaperth; Jul 14, 2014 at 10:19 pm Reason: corrected the rule number (3.2.1 not 3.1.1)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Your intinerary does have a problem. It does not comply with the new rules regarding a second visit to Europe, because it includes South Africa

Rule 3.2.1 states

Also BA no longer flies LHR-DAR (closest destinations to Sth Africa are LAD and NBO)
OK, fixed the DAR, selected NBO. I checked that you can fly from BKK to LHR, then LHR to NBO on a single flight (BA flight #s), and that these flights were less than 24 hours apart (arrive LHR about 5p, depart about 10a). I think that fulfils rule 3.2.1, right? That should be it--done.

Looking at the tool after selecting my 15th segment, BKK-LHR, all the cities in Africa are red triangles (not selectable). When I type in NBO however, it draws in the dotted line, and, so far, no alerts appear on the page of chosen segments. However, the tool does not recognize this as a "finished" itinerary ("itinerary status incomplete"), and prompts to finish, and I get the automatic routing NBO-CPT if I hit the "finish" button. I find it curious that their tool tries to violate their rule. The tool rightly won't allow me to enter LHR-CPT though. Maybe it is pilot error, but I can't see it if so, which is really disconcerting having just yesterday celebrated yet another birthday.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by skipaway
...I think that fulfils rule 3.2.1, right? ...
Nope

If you are still starting from CPT, then your itinerary still includes South Africa and so your itinerary still violates rule 3.2.1

If you want to include South Africa (or Mauritius) in your itinerary
Then it is impossible to satisfy rule 3.2.1
And so you must look to the two alternatives (3.2.2 or 3.2.3) if you want two transits of Europe/Middle East
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Nope

If you are still starting from CPT, then your itinerary still includes South Africa and so your itinerary still violates rule 3.2.1

If you want to include South Africa (or Mauritius) in your itinerary
Then it is impossible to satisfy rule 3.2.1
And so you must look to the two alternatives (3.2.2 or 3.2.3) if you want two transits of Europe/Middle East
Duh! Didn't read carefully and had in my head couldn't have two stops in South Africa.... Soon as I get a day off I'll go back and try again. Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Online RTW Tool Fails To Complete Purchase

I have been attempting to purchase a rtw ticket online for the past 3 days. I was able to build a valid itinerary and price it. However, when I go to purchase the ticket after submitting the traveler details, it fails. I get two messages on the final screen - one says that that the price for some of my flights could not be obtained; and the other says that my request cannot be completed at this time and that I should try again later. I get the same result with both IE and Chrome.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:45 pm

Almost EVERYONE has had your problem

Originally Posted by oneworldflyer
I have been attempting to purchase a rtw ticket online for the past 3 days. I was able to build a valid itinerary and price it. However, when I go to purchase the ticket after submitting the traveler details, it fails. I get two messages on the final screen - one says that that the price for some of my flights could not be obtained; and the other says that my request cannot be completed at this time and that I should try again later. I get the same result with both IE and Chrome.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Read earlier posts. Practically everyone has had the same experience. The tool does not work for ticketing. (Every now & then someone seems to be able to force it through).
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
Read earlier posts. Practically everyone has had the same experience. The tool does not work for ticketing. (Every now & then someone seems to be able to force it through).
Getting it to work often requires rerouting flights to force it to ticket from a certain carrier and avoiding the known problems which trigger ticketing failures.

The most common reasons for the ticketing failures have been codeshares on the first flight and the first carrier (operating or marketed) being one that has another ticket for them.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:17 am

Website Fails To Process Credit Card

I'm presently able to get to the very last stage and the website responds with an error message when I attempt to process payment. I have tried three different credit cards with both IE and Chrome. I know that this problem has been discussed here before. I have sent an email to oneworld support.

My questions, however, are - (a) has anyone else experienced this problem yesterday or today?, and (b) what is the experience with this issue being fixed? I have booked 3 rtw trips on the website in the last 2 years, and while I have experienced many of the various issues that have been discussed here, not being able to process the credit card payment is new to me.

Anyone with recent, direct experience in this regard?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt

I'm presently able to get to the very last stage and the website responds with an error message when I attempt to process payment...
Does the address of your credit card match the geographical location of the starting point of your first segment? I had this problem several years ago. The solution was to find someone to issue the ticket in the same country as the origin of the first segment, not the country where I happened to be at that moment.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:00 am

No. I live in the US and the card was issued here. The trip begins in India. However, I've been able to use this credit card before. I'm suspect that this problem is affecting everyone who is presently trying to process an online payment. Hopefully, the people managing the website will react if no revenue comes through for a few days!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt

No. I live in the US and the card was issued here. The trip begins in India. However, I've been able to use this credit card before.
The conflict between a US credit card used in the US on the one hand and the origin of the ticket in India on the other hand may be the problem. At least it SHOULD be a problem if AA is policing its market restrictions properly. In principle, ex India fares are for use only by passengers in the Indian market, not the US market. A US credit card should be acceptable, but only if used in India. But I have no idea if oneworld has programmed such restrictions into their software.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by ajnaro
Does the address of your credit card match the geographical location of the starting point of your first segment? I had this problem several years ago. The solution was to find someone to issue the ticket in the same country as the origin of the first segment, not the country where I happened to be at that moment.
I have never had a problem with issuing a ticket starting in another country from where I happen to be when booking.
The problem has nothing to do with GeoIP matching credit card billing address. The problem is that the tool is poorly programed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.