Reload this Page >

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:47 pm

Thanks for your help. Because of this 34000 miles error, I have to use the AI version. Both new version and AA allow me to fly LAX -> xMIA -> LIM and LIM -> xMIA -> IAH. I guess because I do not have stopover, it does not count as 2 trans-con?

I quickly use EF to search RT fare difference between QR and RJ. It actually differs a lot. That's might be reason why online tool does not allow to have QR as first leg. We will see once we get back from AA

Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by slhu82
Called AA. they can still see availability but won’t be able to give me price immmediately. not sure if this is normal to book with AA
AA doesn't offer immediate pricing, so this is normal.

I'm now getting the "The chosen departure city requires British Airways to operate your first flight. Please choose a different departure city as British Airways is not permitted to operate the first flight. Alternatively, please contact British Airways directly to book your Round The World fare." message.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
Looks like game over for ex-CAI:

Attempting different first segments yields similar messages, sometimes with Qatar in place or Air Maroc.

On EF the fare is still alive but on fewer airlines than before - QF in particular is gone. Likely to be pulled completely sooner than later.
Looks like it's blocking all bookings out of CAI with that error. I can't even get it to go LHR or MAD. The first segment on QR has always created that error, but for it to block RJ and AT as well is new and it doesn't seem to want to put the first segment on BA or IB. I even tested the AI tool as well, it'll route onto IB or BA, but won't price. Hopefully this is temporary, but something tells me it's not a bug.

Completely make ex-CAI no use for me because I credit to AA, so don't want any long AA or BA segments to get one of them to book it. I don't know QF will book one manually without QF segments like the OW tool does when it sends bookings to QF. JL has extra fees but might be the only way to do it now.

**Edit: This is only ex-CAI. Other points of origin in the region are working as usual with RJ, BA, etc. on the first segment. Of course none of them have an attractive base fare.

Last edited by dvs7310; Mar 22, 2024 at 9:50 pm
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:32 pm

Thanks for your help. Because of this 34000 miles error, I have to use the AI version. Both new version and AA allow me to fly LAX -> xMIA -> LIM and LIM -> xMIA -> IAH. I guess because I do not have stopover, it does not count as 2 trans-con?

I quickly use EF to search RT fare difference between QR and RJ. It actually differs a lot. That's might be reason why online tool does not allow to have QR as first leg. We will see once we get back from AA

QR has always had a higher base fare ex-CAI than the others (but never by $2000). Everyone else uses an EGP base fare, QR to my understanding uses USD and that appears to be the old USD base fare. To even see that on EF you have to specify QR in the search, it doesn't come up with the other OW carriers in the general CAI-CAI search. If I look at historical fares in EF, back a couple months ago the QF fare was $4570 on DONE4, so QR being $5220 seems about right.

That actually is an interesting data point then, someone else mentioned they ticketed with AA and if QR was the first segment the price spiked (this is before ticketing), and that now makes sense as AA would have been using the QR fare instead of the RJ or BA base fare. But to my understanding, if you make a change right after ticketing (and pay the $125 fee) then it'll still use the original fare and you can switch to QR from CAI. (I did that myself, and my base fare remained at 141,000 EGP for DONE4 or 145,000 EGP for DONE5, so it clearly did not switch to the QR base fare)
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott

Originally Posted by danger
I've noticed that the 'over 34,000 miles' message can be entirely unrelated to actually having an itinerary over 34K. Everytime I've got the error message, it's been due to another issue that's easily rectified yourself. In my case, it's occurred where a direct flight wasn't available on the day I chose and the indirect flight causes the itinerary to have two many sectors. Or it's because business isn't available on all flights. Or it's because the tool has chosen a routing that arrives at one airport and leaves from another, again causing issues with the maximum number of segments. In all cases, I've been able to get rid of the error by reviewing each flight individually. In all cases, my itinerary is well over 34K.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

LAX-MIA is the only transcon. MIA-IAH is not a transcon.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dvs7310
JL has extra fees but might be the only way to do it now.
YMMV with JAL too. I had tried calling JAL to book and the agent wouldn't price anything out unless the first segment was JL. She tried to redirect me back to the OW tool online.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by typical
Looking into an ex-TYO DONE3.

Can I do TYO-CGK-DOH....LAX-HKG-CGK-TYO with my two Asia stops both in Jakarta? The tool gives the following error:

"Your trip may not include two stops in Jakarta without visiting any other city in Asia. I am dropping one of the visits to Jakarta."

But if I add HKG:

"Your itinerary is invalid for the following reasons:Your trip may only include two stops in the continent where your journey started

You are making 3 stops in Asia

Please remove 1 or more visits from your itinerary"

Is this keeping me within the rules or just a limitation of the tool?

ETA: That was with the map. With the itinerary form, I instead get:

"Your trip may include two stopovers over 24 hours in the continent where your journey started. If your itinerary includes both of these in your country of origin, one must be outbound and the other inbound. Additional stopovers under 24 hours are permitted in your itinerary. Please select a different date or flight."

I don't understand what rule I'm apparently breaking.
1. you can not return to CGK without visiting another asia city.
2. TYO is your origin. so you only allowed to have 2 stopovers in Asia. You visited CGK twice so adding HKG causes the problem. If i were you, i will pick another airport close to CGK and drop HKG or buy CGK to HKG separately very cheap
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
1. you can not return to CGK without visiting another asia city.
2. TYO is your origin. so you only allowed to have 2 stopovers in Asia. You visited CGK twice so adding HKG causes the problem. If i were you, i will pick another airport close to CGK and drop HKG or buy CGK to HKG separately very cheap
1. There is nothing in the rules that prevents two visits to CGK. You cannot fly the same city pairs twice in the same direction but typical isn't doing this.
2. I think the problem that typical is having with the tool is that the tool treats every city you enter as a stopover. The tool does not recognize that I may want to choose a city to route to using the tool and merely connect there for less than 24 hours. As far as the rules go typical 's routing TYO-CGK-DOH....LAX-HKG-CGK-TYO would be legal with TYO-oCGK-DOH....LAX-xHKG-oCGK-TYO but the tool will only provide you a routing like LAX-HKG-CGK if you have entered LAX-CGK and it has decided that is legal and then it provides you the LAX-xHKG-CGK routing as an option when you go to select flights.

A travel agent, JAL, or AA (if typical has some AA overwater flights in there) could ticket but selecting transit cities in the continent of origin in difficult in the tool.
SPN Lifer and pandaperth like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
If I may jump onto this topic:
Is this a similar problem with the itinerary I was playing around with?

hnd-dfw-lax-jfk-hel-agp-mad-lhr-doh-ktm-kul-cgk-hkg-cts-hnd

It would also give me errors saying too many stops in continent of origin, I am understanding it correctly, that it treats KTM, CGK and CTS as stopovers even if flight "connection" in KTM would be below 24 h?
(Plan would be to only have real stops in CGK and CTS, other Asian cities just connection points).
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by SirToby
If I may jump onto this topic:
Is this a similar problem with the itinerary I was playing around with?

hnd-dfw-lax-jfk-hel-agp-mad-lhr-doh-ktm-kul-cgk-hkg-cts-hnd

It would also give me errors saying too many stops in continent of origin, I am understanding it correctly, that it treats KTM, CGK and CTS as stopovers even if flight "connection" in KTM would be below 24 h?
(Plan would be to only have real stops in CGK and CTS, other Asian cities just connection points).
If you're inputting everything manually in the OW tool to get that KTM transit (as I'm pretty sure the OW tool would never offer that as a connection) then yes it'll count it as a stopover even if under 24h. You'd have to ticket that manually with AA, JL or BA but it's not invalid if under 24h.

Having said that you have too many segments in Asia. (continent of origin) KTM-KUL-CGK-HKG-CTS-HND is 5 segments and you're allowed only 4. You'd need to end your itinerary in CTS for two reasons, first is the 4 segment limit in Asia plus you can't return to the country of origin until the end of your itinerary (except North America). Generally that's fine though, the dometic ticket on JL is usually 15-20,000 JPY in Class J CTS to TYO, I want to say around 25,000 JPY in F. So if you eliminate your CTS-HND then you might get the tool to ticket as that would mean it'd be looking at KTM and CGK as stopovers and CTS as the end point.
SirToby likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dvs7310
If you're inputting everything manually in the OW tool to get that KTM transit (as I'm pretty sure the OW tool would never offer that as a connection) then yes it'll count it as a stopover even if under 24h. You'd have to ticket that manually with AA, JL or BA but it's not invalid if under 24h.

Having said that you have too many segments in Asia. (continent of origin) KTM-KUL-CGK-HKG-CTS-HND is 5 segments and you're allowed only 4. You'd need to end your itinerary in CTS for two reasons, first is the 4 segment limit in Asia plus you can't return to the country of origin until the end of your itinerary (except North America). Generally that's fine though, the dometic ticket on JL is usually 15-20,000 JPY in Class J CTS to TYO, I want to say around 25,000 JPY in F. So if you eliminate your CTS-HND then you might get the tool to ticket as that would mean it'd be looking at KTM and CGK as stopovers and CTS as the end point.
Thanks for your input, really appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.