Reload this Page >

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by SQjunkie
Writing this onboard QR8 (hello fab Q Suite ).

I'm currently on two separate tickets
a) LHR-DOH-JNB 8th May
b) JNB-DOH-SFO 9th May (booked as part of a Oneworld RTW through BA)

I was only going to be in JNB for 9 hours for meetings. Basically arrive 9th May 09.50 and departing at 20.50. The LHR-DOH is very delayed and I just got an alert on the QR app to say that QR was "re-accommodating" me on the later DOH-JNB flight (landing at 15.00). This means it's pointless for me to be in JNB as I miss the meetings.

What I want to do on landing in Doha in 4 hours is drop the DOH-JNB and bring forward the DOH-SFO. However the RTW ticket rules mean I *have* to complete the JNB-DOH sector.

1) Is it technically possible for QR to waive the ticket rules for the xDone flight and allow me to drop the JNB-DOH in these circumstances without me losing the rest of the RTW sectors? And are my best chances with the ground staff at the airport or the BA GGL line (who did the ticket).
2) Bonus points for how I can get a refund for the DOH-JNB sector
3) Bonus bonus points for how to get the tier points and mileage (I know right. Very kiasu).

Thanks
That is a very interesting situation.
On one hand Qr cause the problem on the May 8th departure. However BA controls the ex JNB ticket. By the time you receive this post it might be too late. I would ask BA, however in my experience, a change like that may be impossible at the agent level, and may need to be escalated to a higher level.That takes time. If you get the India call center, they always defer to BA central reservations as they do not seem to have any authority to change much on the phone. I have not had any luck with any issues at the India call center. Also, I have not had good experience at the agent level at LHR. I hope you can do better than I and I hope you prove me wrong! I would talk to both BA and QR. IMHO I would just fly to JNB and start the JNB RTW as is to not put the RTW ticket $$ at risk!
Please let me know what the result was.
Good luck!
Old May 8, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
That is a very interesting situation.
On one hand Qr cause the problem on the May 8th departure. However BA controls the ex JNB ticket. By the time you receive this post it might be too late. I would ask BA, however in my experience, a change like that may be impossible at the agent level, and may need to be escalated to a higher level.That takes time. If you get the India call center, they always defer to BA central reservations as they do not seem to have any authority to change much on the phone. I have not had any luck with any issues at the India call center. Also, I have not had good experience at the agent level at LHR. I hope you can do better than I and I hope you prove me wrong! I would talk to both BA and QR. IMHO I would just fly to JNB and start the JNB RTW as is to not put the RTW ticket $$ at risk!
Please let me know what the result was.
Good luck!
I’m an hour out of Doha so we’ll see how it resolves. The challenge is that I need to join the meetings as calls so can’t catch the later JNB leg. I am worried I will be caught between the cracks - QR not feeling responsible for the RTW ticket and BA not feeling responsible for the QR delay! Will let you know how it pans out.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:29 pm

So the Qatar customer service at transfers is trying valiantly to change the decision from "computer says no". Not sure it will work yet but loving that they are actually trying.

And yes - we have lift off! They managed to do it for me.
Calchas likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
So the Qatar customer service at transfers is trying valiantly to change the decision from "computer says no". Not sure it will work yet but loving that they are actually trying.

What did they do? Drop your DOH-JNB on the one ticket, and drop JNB-DOH on the BA RTW?
Old May 8, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
WOW!!!

WOW!!!
WOW!!!!
WOW!!!

Congrats.

Let us know if you get to SFO and RTW ticket that is still valid. I hope they documented it all in the record. If you have any trouble latter QR can contact the "One World Liaison Desk" and validate their actions.
If you want more info PM me if you have a problem.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:17 pm

They merged the coupons for the JNB-DOH and DOH-DPS sectors into one and reissued the ticket and then dropped the DOH-JNB sector in the other ticket. It took some time as they said they had to validate it with oneworld directly, which apparently they did. So they promised all valid still for the ongoing sectors.
pandaperth and Calchas like this.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Airport agents have broad authority to disregard the fare and ticket restrictions, take ownership of other carriers’ tickets, issue arbitrary flight coupons, etc. during IRROPS. You would never get this from a call centre.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Airport agents have broad authority to disregard the fare and ticket restrictions, take ownership of other carriers’ tickets, issue arbitrary flight coupons, etc. during IRROPS. You would never get this from a call centre.
This is exactly correct.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Expert Flyer showing D but BA not

Expert Flyer is showing 9+ in D on QF8 February 14 DFW>SYD but BA doesn't see it. I am using POS as France in Expert Flyer but am originating in BRU (Belgium not available as POS). Could this be the issue?

Please enlighten me.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by mjack99
Expert Flyer is showing 9+ in D on QF8 February 14 DFW>SYD but BA doesn't see it. I am using POS as France in Expert Flyer but am originating in BRU (Belgium not available as POS). Could this be the issue?
Most probably different POS that they are using. Australian flights are very tricky with different availability with different POS. Are you sure that it's not married segment issue? The used POS most probably depends which number you call in, BA seems to be using UK POS in most cases.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Wake up this useful thread with 2 questions:

Can you guys share your experience of re-issuing xONEx tickets during the pandemic?

Since March 2020, I had to keep changing (re-issue) my itinerary (the remainder of a DONE4) and hoping that I could fly in vain. I had it changed 3x since. Now I am pushing it off to the LAST allowable date of March 22, 2022 with my final and 16th segment. AA RTW Desk has allowed me to push it beyond the original 1-year to fly.

Each time I needed to make a change, AA RTW Desk agent had been quite efficient, but took over an hour on the phone each time. They told me the LAST day to fly this ticket is March 22, 2022.

Did you have your un-flown ticket (xONEx) re-issued, and what was your experience?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Wake up this useful thread with 2 questions:

Can you guys share your experience of re-issuing xONEx tickets during the pandemic?

Since March 2020, I had to keep changing (re-issue) my itinerary (the remainder of a DONE4) and hoping that I could fly in vain. I had it changed 3x since. Now I am pushing it off to the LAST allowable date of March 22, 2022 with my final and 16th segment. AA RTW Desk has allowed me to push it beyond the original 1-year to fly.

Each time I needed to make a change, AA RTW Desk agent had been quite efficient, but took over an hour on the phone each time. They told me the LAST day to fly this ticket is March 22, 2022.

Did you have your un-flown ticket (xONEx) re-issued, and what was your experience?
Since you've had great success, I'm not sure what you're asking. My own experience is similar, AA RTW desk allowed me to extend my 2020 RTW to the end of 2021, and allowed me to make routing changes without charge. I completed it and at the moment have no RTWs booked, which hasn't been the case for many, many years.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
Since you've had great success, I'm not sure what you're asking. My own experience is similar, AA RTW desk allowed me to extend my 2020 RTW to the end of 2021, and allowed me to make routing changes without charge. I completed it and at the moment have no RTWs booked, which hasn't been the case for many, many years.
Thanks. Just wanted to see what others' experience had been. So yours was somewhat like mine.
I am not sure how AA RTW determines how far the existing ticket can be extended to. Mine was extended to March 22, 2022. (the magical date?)
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Thanks. Just wanted to see what others' experience had been. So yours was somewhat like mine.
I am not sure how AA RTW determines how far the existing ticket can be extended to. Mine was extended to March 22, 2022. (the magical date?)
In my case, in mid-2020 the AA RTW desk told me they had a new policy for COVID that allowed in-process RTWs to be extended for travel up to December 31st 2021. It sounds like they subsequently had a further extension.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA DL
For AA issued tickets March 31, 2022 is the magical date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.