Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 3:43 pm

Location: SYD, YYZ, Southwest UK, a beach somewhere in the world
Programs: AC Prestige, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Have asked my Canadian TA who booked a lot of rtw’s for flyertalkers when it was advantageous to book through a Canadian TA...will report back. Out of curiosity, can anyone here help construct a technically valid AONE6 itinerary that maximizes BA Tier Points starting in MLE?
Old May 31, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by ACN Consultant
Have asked my Canadian TA who booked a lot of rtw’s for flyertalkers when it was advantageous to book through a Canadian TA...will report back. Out of curiosity, can anyone here help construct a technically valid AONE6 itinerary that maximizes BA Tier Points starting in MLE?
MLE or SEZ? While Male and Mahe are close in name they are not the same country, or even the same region.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MLE is a pretty bad place to start. For £15k + taxes, I wouldn't be worrying about a few tier points myself.

If someone gave you a ticket and you might as well use it, (making this up off the top of my head) maybe MLE-HKG-DEL-TYO-SIN-SYD-PER-SYD-LAX-JFK-GRU-JNB-LHR-DOH-CDG-DOH-MLE. Many of those flights don't have F. But all of them are over 2000 miles.

Does anyone know if the SEZ rtw fares loaded on EF are actually ticketable? I tried using the tool to go MLE-LGW to start so it would book on BA, but then every city turned invalid.
Also, just to be clear,
(1) BA has a twice weekly SEZ-LHR (Sundays and Thursdays if I remember correctly);
(2) MLE isn't even in the same IATA traffic conference as SEZ: SEZ is in TC2 (Europe/Africa) whereas MLE is in TC3 (Asia/Australasia). The pricing on the two cities is unrelated.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
MLE or SEZ? While Male and Mahe are close in name they are not the same country, or even the same region.
sorry, I meant SEZ
Old May 31, 2018, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
MLE is a pretty bad place to start. For £15k + taxes, I wouldn't be worrying about a few tier points myself.

If someone gave you a ticket and you might as well use it, (making this up off the top of my head) maybe MLE-HKG-DEL-TYO-SIN-SYD-PER-SYD-LAX-JFK-GRU-JNB-LHR-DOH-CDG-DOH-MLE. Many of those flights don't have F. But all of them are over 2000 miles.

Also, just to be clear,
(1) BA has a twice weekly SEZ-LHR (Sundays and Thursdays if I remember correctly);
(2) MLE isn't even in the same IATA traffic conference as SEZ: SEZ is in TC2 (Europe/Africa) whereas MLE is in TC3 (Asia/Australasia). The pricing on the two cities is unrelated.
which is probably why my itinerary got screwed up. Yes, I’m trying to start in SEZ, so will try to do an itinerary tonight and see what comes up. TA working on it tmrw. Will report back.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Does anyone know if the SEZ rtw fares loaded on EF are actually ticketable? I tried using the tool to go MLE-LGW to start so it would book on BA, but then every city turned invalid.
Very odd that EF shows you BA fares SEZ-SEZ. It tells me there are no fares on BA, AA, QR.
UPDATE: I just tried it again, with only BA, and then it does show me fares. Interesting. I hadn't realized BA had fares, since all my searches typically look for fares on AA.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Per the other thread - Can I Include the Seychelles on a RTW
Looks like this is an orphan fare from 2006 that didn't have an expiry loaded
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Question Latest Pricing

Any suggestions for where can I find pricing for the Circle Pacific fares. I'm trying to find info and assuming I'm missing something but not obvious on the oneworld site!
If there are choices about where to buy from, also any advice?
Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:00 am
SSY

Programs: CX Go
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
???
Current rule says:
Sorry just looking through this thread and wondering related question on this "intercontinental departure/arrival" exceptions rule quoted here for xONEx routings

when it says "2 permitted in North America" does that mean i can route Asia-North America-South America-North America-Europe-Asia? I have booked xONEx before but only Asia-NA-Europe-Asia because I thought couldnt go from NA to SA and back to NA before going to Europe - always have a preference to go back to North America instead of flying directly from south america to europe particularly with the limited routing options.

and likewise for Asia - does that mean I can go Japan-Europe-NA-HKG-Australia-Japan?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:47 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by SSY
Sorry just looking through this thread and wondering related question on this "intercontinental departure/arrival" exceptions rule quoted here for xONEx routings

when it says "2 permitted in North America" does that mean i can route Asia-North America-South America-North America-Europe-Asia? I have booked xONEx before but only Asia-NA-Europe-Asia because I thought couldnt go from NA to SA and back to NA before going to Europe - always have a preference to go back to North America instead of flying directly from south america to europe particularly with the limited routing options.

and likewise for Asia - does that mean I can go Japan-Europe-NA-HKG-Australia-Japan?
The North America "second entry" option is only for itineraries that include South America, and one of the entries must be an intercontinental transit without stopover, e.g. HKG-xLAX-SCL....LAX-JFK-MIA.... LHR

The policy seems to have changed in practice regarding the "second Asia entry" issue. Previously, one of the Asia entries also had to be while in transit to another continent, typically Australia/NZ, but I'm not sure if stopovers in Asia following both entries are now allowed.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
The North America "second entry" option is only for itineraries that include South America, and one of the entries must be an intercontinental transit without stopover, e.g. HKG-xLAX-SCL....LAX-JFK-MIA.... LHR

The policy seems to have changed in practice regarding the "second Asia entry" issue. Previously, one of the Asia entries also had to be while in transit to another continent, typically Australia/NZ, but I'm not sure if stopovers in Asia following both entries are now allowed.
But according to the rule 4e of Oct 2017, 2 N.American etries are allowed.
(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
1. Two permitted in North America.
2. Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East.
3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East for travel to/from/via Africa. If travel is to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may not include Mauritius/South Africa.
Has this changed???
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:46 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by headinclouds
But according to the rule 4e of Oct 2017, 2 N.American etries are allowed.
(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
1. Two permitted in North America.
2. Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East.
3. Two permitted in Europe/Middle East for travel to/from/via Africa. If travel is to/from Europe in both directions, itinerary may not include Mauritius/South Africa.
Has this changed???
Okay, my bad; I see they've removed the stopover restriction on the NA second entry. Good on 'em.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:16 pm

DONEX fares ex CGK?

Hi

Can anyone help with DONEX fares ex CGK?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by TiredDoc
Hi

Can anyone help with DONEX fares ex CGK?

Thanks in advance
CX9865.00 · DONE3Round-Trip · C
ExpandedCX9865.00 · DONEWC3Round-Trip · C
ExpandedCX11252.00 · DGLOB34Round-Trip · C
ExpandedCX11252.00 · DONE4Round-Trip · C
ExpandedCX11252.00 · DONEWC4Round-Trip · C
ExpandedCX12117.00 · DONE5Round-Trip · C
ExpandedCX13393.00 · DONE6
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by SSY

when it says "2 permitted in North America" does that mean i can route Asia-North America-South America-North America-Europe-Asia?
I currently have a rtw on precisely this route issued by the AA rtw desk in 2017. At the time there was some question whether the second entry to North America could have a stop-over, but it was approved by the rate desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.