Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: QF WP
Yes its LIR as in Liberia and yes thats the issue....Have a flight on the 23rd but N/A on the 22nd...and yes, each segment seperately shows D availability but when strung together causes an issue with no D availability just J which is of no use......Spoke to many humans at the AA RTW desk including the supervisor who could only waitlist...she try to manually request seats but the system refused to queue and so we are out of luck for the 21st....there is no way as time elapses that seats will open up as AA have reduced the number of available Business Class seats...Really stumped by the lack of D availability so far out
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by pyffii
each segment seperately shows D availability but when strung together causes an issue with no D availability
If it were me, I'd schedule an overnight in MIA, then after ticketing, see if you can get someone at AA to shift MIA-LIR to be a day earlier. If not, MIA isn't a bad place for an overnight.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:09 pm

we usually overnight at MIA but this time its two nights !!!....I realise its a mini holiday in MIA but Mrs Pyffii isnt keen on extending the trip !!!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by pyffii
we usually overnight at MIA but this time its two nights !!!....I realise its a mini holiday in MIA but Mrs Pyffii isnt keen on extending the trip !!!
Can you adjust the schedule so it is just over 24 hours in MIA but not two nights?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by anabolism
If it were me, I'd schedule an overnight in MIA, then after ticketing, see if you can get someone at AA to shift MIA-LIR to be a day earlier. If not, MIA isn't a bad place for an overnight.
I agree. Sometimes this just happens.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:36 pm

there are only 2 flights a day from MIA to LIR so the schedule doesnt allow for just over 24 hours and because of the transcontinental rules can only connect via DFW or ORD to MIA....can get D on DFW-MIA-LIR on July 22nd but not YVR-DFW-MIA-LIR !!!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:34 pm

Maybe schedule with an overnight in DFW, allowing you to book YVR-DFW // DFW-MIA-LIR. Then, after ticketing, you can try moving the date of YVR-DFW to be a day earlier, making it a connection. The married segment logic at AA is pretty sophisticated, so it might not allow it, but it may be worth trying.

It's unfortunate that you can't set EF alerts for connections, only segments, so there's no way to get an EF alert if D opens up for YVR-LIR as a set of connected flights.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
[FARE GONE] ex-SEZ rtw fares

Just had a look in ExpertFlyer, and it appears that the fares I posted about on Sept 3rd (see Post#781) are no more.

Congratulations to all those who managed to jump on board
TBH, I'm surprised the fares lasted so long
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Just had a look in ExpertFlyer, and it appears that the fares I posted about on Sept 3rd (see Post#781) are no more.

Congratulations to all those who managed to jump on board
TBH, I'm surprised the fares lasted so long
Now begins the fun part of how the OW airlines are going to deal with all of the routing changes once every one has flown that 1st segment. Maybe time to start a new thread with everyone's experiences on those ex-SEZ tickets.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Now begins the fun part of how the OW airlines are going to deal with all of the routing changes once every one has flown that 1st segment. Maybe time to start a new thread with everyone's experiences on those ex-SEZ tickets.
when will yours start?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: AA PPro
Sharing some reticketing experience with BA for an ex-CAI DONEx -- I recall there being a thread more specific to that but can't easily find it.

As mentioned by many others, reticketing with the AA RTW helpdesk was rejected as they didn't have a filed fare exCAI and refused to reticket. I tried briefly with CX and JL but in the end was able to do it with BA sufficiently easily I didn't explore if those would have been possible and cheaper on surcharges etc.

The most useful thing I learned which I've not seen mentioned here is that BA has a RTW helpdesk in Europe whom you can email: [email protected]

Emails seems to go into a queue which then takes ~2 days to get picked up, but once picked up you get a specific agent to work with whom you can ask to speak to (they'll call) and will generally be more responsive on emails (sometimes same day, at least next day). I guess there's a risk they'll be out that day but it all worked really well the two times I used them. I'd avoid ticketing with BA due to their higher fuel surcharges policy but if there was reason to use BA I'm now almost as happy doing so as with AA and their RTW helpdesk (which I prefer as you can directly call them 7 days a week).

The desk is only open during EU working hours Mon-Fri IIRC so I did also do some date changes via calling BA. That was generally very painful until I found an out of hours number which worked far better: +44 191 246 3933.

As with all my prior AA reticketing experiences, it was impossible to get a breakdown on how the taxes and surcharges were being calculated. I tend to use ITA Matrix to look up one-way pricing to see likely taxes and surcharges and it was broadly correct. I did learn that BA at least will load up fuel surcharges for flights after a stop in Brazil or Hong Kong. I had previously hoped that the laws there preventing excessive fuel surcharges for tickets from there would apply but BA not unreasonably said they didn't given the ticket was not originating there. I'm not sure if AA et al have the same policy.
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:14 am

What would be the recommended approach to do date changes on an ex-CAI ticketed on QR?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
First sector already flown?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:44 am

What would be the recommended approach to do date changes on an ex-CAI ticketed on QR?
Originally Posted by christep
First sector already flown?
I'd like to make date changes before flying the first segment just to protect against D inventory no longer being available, but I can wait until after flying a few segments to make the date changes. Not sure if calling QR would be the best approach either way. Have heard horror stories about having QR make changes to an RTW.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I'd like to make date changes before flying the first segment just to protect against D inventory no longer being available, but I can wait until after flying a few segments to make the date changes. Not sure if calling QR would be the best approach either way. Have heard horror stories about having QR make changes to an RTW.

While the rule allows date change before departure for subsequent sectors, however, airlines tend to re-issue the entire ticket for date changes. With no current fare filed at the same rate, it could create problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.