Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Zealand’s response to Covid-19 [was Soft closing of NZ Border]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2021, 5:41 pm

Catering with Feb 14 case

Will be interesting to see if AirNZ pulls catering loaded in Auckland with the latest case.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Does raise some questions, eg why is an person handling incoming international used catering items then being allowed to pack catering going out.

Hopefully people dealing with used catering arriving international, are not allowed to pack domestic catering.

Further more surely New Zealand, could require all inbound catering to be provide on disposable plates etc so it’s tripped straight from trolleys into sercure bins.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An interesting and concerning development considering the link to air travel.
Given associated with air travel a possibility AU may suspend the green zone NZ to AU TT bubble.
First covid-19 community transmission in NZ for ~3 weeks.

14 Feb 2021 (rnz.co.nz)--->Covid-19 update: Three new community cases in Auckland
Three new community cases in a single South Auckland household have been reported today, with the Health Ministry describing them as new and active cases.

There have been no changes to the alert levels at this stage. Minister for Covid-19 Response Chris Hipkins and Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield have provided an update.

Hipkins confirmed the three new cases of Covid-19 in the community are a mother, father and daughter from the same household in Papatoetoe. The mother works for laundry and catering company LSG Skychefs, which services planes at the airport. Her main duties at the company involved laundry duties, but she was also involved in some of the packing and preparation of food. Bloomfield said there was no risk of her passing on the virus through laundry or food
<snip>
14 Feb 2021 (nzherald.co.nz)--->Covid 19 coronavirus: Three 'new and active' Covid cases in South Auckland

14 Feb 2021 (tvone.co.nz)--->Three new Covid-19 community cases in Auckland

14 Feb 2021 (nzherald.co.nz)--->Covid 19 coronavirus: What you need to know about Auckland's three new community cases

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 13, 2021 at 11:55 pm
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:22 pm

Could also been transferred from bedding/linen from international flights, not just catering.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Outbound24
Could also been transferred from bedding/linen from international flights, not just catering.
Yes they said primary role was inbound laundry but also that was involved in outbound packing of stuff.

So LSG needs to possibly look at their processes to ensure domestic & international seperation of staff, trucks, facilities & that staff involved with inbound handling don't handle outbound.

It's all Swiss cheese, and we need to ensure the holes don't line up.

Assuming genome testing indicates that this is the chain.

Until all staff are tested & processes checked I would be careful about the stuff coming out of that facility.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:41 pm

Yeah, I'll pack my own corn chips to ZQN next week.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Outbound24
And the rolling carts these items are placed in
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:39 pm

NZ Hearld is now breaking with NZ will not sever food/drink on all domestic flights for the next 24 hours.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
NZ Hearld is now breaking with NZ will not sever food/drink on all domestic flights for the next 24 hours.
Yep know someone flying this afternoon and they got a SMS with that very recently
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Just the SMS and the email for a flight I've got to WLG tomorrow morning.

The email is:
Kia ora "Trumpkin",

Out of an abundance of caution, we have made the decision to suspend our food and beverage offering on all domestic services for the next 24 hours while we await more information from the Ministry of Health.

We appreciate your understanding.

Ngā mihi,
Meli
Air NZ Customer Services
\
Not sure if the lounge will be open or not, so will grab some breakfast at home.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Just the SMS and the email for a flight I've got to WLG tomorrow morning.

The email is:
\
Not sure if the lounge will be open or not, so will grab some breakfast at home.
Is the AKL longue LSG?

Though with press conference at 1900 there may be more changes.....
Thai-Kiwi and cavemanzk like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Is the AKL longue LSG?

Though with press conference at 1900 there may be more changes.....
I’m half expecting domestic travel to may not be an thing tomorrow.

Or at level 2, with indoor face masks.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 11:37 pm

AKL at level 3 and country at level 2.

So guess no need to worry about the longue food tomorrow morning now.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 11:46 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nzkarit
AKL at level 3 and country at level 2.

So guess no need to worry about the longue food tomorrow morning now.
I heard it is reviewed every day for the next three days ???
Old Feb 13, 2021, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Time to jump onto the Tandem travel portal and to cancel flights / hotel / taxi....

Plus the all important task of turning off the 5.30am alarm which is no longer required.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.