Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
Australia

AU Govt-->COVID-19 and the border

Links below may not work, due to Covid-19 changes

Visa Australian Government web siteBeware of non government 3rd party look-a-like web sites that charge more, often found with a browser web search. Only the Australian government web site/department issues visas. These other scam web sites just send your data to the Australian Government web site.

FT thread---> Free Australian ETA Visa application* Click to open the wiki
Processing Australian ETAs for free * to FT members (and up to 3 more friends & family) who have more than 80 posts, AND have at least been members for more than 12 months! Please read post 1. Thanks to Guy Betsy for his service to the FT community

Entry Australian government web site
FT thread --->Smartgate at Australia & NZ immigration Click to open the wiki

Australia
Departure Australian government web site
Departing from Australia

From Departing from Australia > Departures SmartGates

Print Wikipost

Australia immigration (incl ETA visa) & customs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:29 pm

Hi there, I have applied for Australia tourist visa Subclass 600 on 24th June 2022 and visa Granted on 27 th June.. so I have booked my flight on 29th June at 01.10 but when I am about to take the boarding pass the airlines officers says visa is Not valid
So I have checked my visa on VEVO using my Visa grant number it shows like

A system error has occurred in matching the travel document details entered in this enquiry. Please use the VEVO Enquiry Form to have this issue investigated, advising error 5 encountered.
Can someone please advice or anyone encounter this error??

How to solve this problem????

I have already sent mail using VEVO Enquiry form still no updates ....please guide me to solve this problem
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: CX Gold
What is the link to this VEVO for checking my Aust visa?

I have submitted my application online last 01 June 2022, had our biometrics taken 14 June. Haven't received any correspondences from the embassy. When I checked my ImmigAccount, it's still under the Initial Assessment stage and there was a note saying additional documentations required. But I do not know which documents to submit.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by boybi
What is the link to this VEVO for checking my Aust visa?
Not sure how you can't find VEVO.
australian vevo - Google Search

However VEVO is for visas that already exist. Not for applications.
boybi likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: CX Gold
I'm already past the maximum visa processing time of 37 days, and my application is still in the Initial Assessment stage. I applied for the 600 visa.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by boybi
I'm already past the maximum visa processing time of 37 days, and my application is still in the Initial Assessment stage. I applied for the 600 visa.
There is no such thing as a maximum visa processing time for this visa. In your case VEVO is completely irrelevant. Contact the Department of Immigration to see what is missing from your application and provide it. Best of luck.
boybi likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
ETA "Request for Further Processing"

I'm an American citizen and applied for the Australia ETA through the app. I got an email 5 min later asking me to create an account on ImmiAccount and submit a Form 1554: Request for Further Processing. I did this a few days ago but have not heard back. Any data points on how long this process takes?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 787SEA
I'm an American citizen and applied for the Australia ETA through the app. I got an email 5 min later asking me to create an account on ImmiAccount and submit a Form 1554: Request for Further Processing. I did this a few days ago but have not heard back. Any data points on how long this process takes?
Look at post 148 up the thread and the following posts
How many days? Would not be expecting any work by govt employees over a weekend (Monday late afternoon in eastern AU now)
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Look at post 148 up the thread and the following posts
How many days? Would not be expecting any work by govt employees over a weekend (Monday late afternoon in eastern AU now)
Thank you, looks like their eVisitor visa (different from ETA) got approved after 7 days. It has been 4 days since I submitted mine, but that includes the weekend.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:29 pm

I just got an ETA via the app. Is there a way to get a receipt or invoice for the AUD20 service fee? I'm trying to get this reimbursed since I'm visiting Australia for business. I'm kind of surprised that there is no invoice e-mailed to you and no reference of the fee on the ETA approval document.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:12 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

HELP!! [Australian visa process question]

US citizen here
Can anyone give me a simple step by step process to getting the one year Visa when you stay for less than 3 months at a time
that I have done for years simply online? I believe I need a Electronic Travel Authority visa (subclass 601)

Massively confused with the current process asking for chest x rays tuberculosis downloading apps etc
Historically it was a quick simple and easy process.And you had the document in minutes.Am I in trouble with a November 3rd departure?
Can this be done without an app? Seems incredibly complicated
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] As this is not QF specific I am a) renaming this and b) moving this to the destination forum. [/mod hat]
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Internet on line visa application is gone. Now by a phone app (why is anyone's guess)
Do not over think the requirements.
Have you applied via the app?
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...01#Eligibility
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...ontent-index-2
Streamlined requirements for temporary visa applicants in Australia
Temporary visa applicants in Australia will not be required to undertake medical examinations and chest x-rays, based on their nationality, previous residence and proposed length of stay, in order to meet the health requirement.

Temporary visa applicants in Australia will still be required to undertake relevant medical examinations and/or chest x-rays if they:
  • have applied for a medical treatment, temporary protection or a provisional visa
  • expect to incur medical costs or require medical treatment
  • are intending to work as (or study to be) a doctor, dentist, nurse or paramedic
  • will enter a hospital, aged or disability care facility (if higher tuberculosis risk)
  • are pregnant and intending to have the baby in Australia
  • will work or train at an Australian childcare centre
  • are aged over 75 years (if applying for a visitor visa)
  • have had previous household contact with tuberculosis or
  • are requested to do so by the Department.
<snip>
nancypants and wrldwide1 like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 18, 2022 at 7:53 pm Reason: add red highlighting
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:10 pm

Appreciate the message and assistance
No I haven't
I do not want any app am I forced to?
Have no more available storage room on my I phone at present
Disease free but do I need to prove it or am I just overthinking
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I do not want any app am I forced to?
To get an AU 601 visa
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...-authority-601
Important information about the ETA
All ETA-eligible passport holders must apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app. For more information, see our Step by step guide.
If you are unable to use the app, you can apply online through ImmiAccount for another visa that suits your needs.
You can apply for another visa type, but may take a long time to get.
Red by me
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:27 pm

To get an AU 601 visa
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...-authority-601
You can apply for another visa type, but may take a long time to get.
Red by me
Thanks now I have two problems
Lesson learned don't assume anything is the same
Nothing anymore is the same as what it looked like in the rear-view mirror pre pandemic !
wrldwide1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.