Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
Australia

AU Govt-->COVID-19 and the border

Links below may not work, due to Covid-19 changes

Visa Australian Government web siteBeware of non government 3rd party look-a-like web sites that charge more, often found with a browser web search. Only the Australian government web site/department issues visas. These other scam web sites just send your data to the Australian Government web site.

FT thread---> Free Australian ETA Visa application* Click to open the wiki
Processing Australian ETAs for free * to FT members (and up to 3 more friends & family) who have more than 80 posts, AND have at least been members for more than 12 months! Please read post 1. Thanks to Guy Betsy for his service to the FT community

Entry Australian government web site
FT thread --->Smartgate at Australia & NZ immigration Click to open the wiki

Australia
Departure Australian government web site
Departing from Australia

From Departing from Australia > Departures SmartGates

Print Wikipost

Australia immigration (incl ETA visa) & customs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by :D!
Can travel agents still issue ETAs?
Yes, via their GDS (basically, their airline booking system).
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
My update...android app would not open. Borrowed an iphone, got app and applied. Took about 10 min...worked ok. Got approved within the hour......
Now have to figure our test..and if Abbot tele-med video proctor works for entry into Oz...?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Now have to figure our test..and if Abbot tele-med video proctor works for entry into Oz...?
Antigen Video test valid for Australian Entry?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by docbert
Yes, via their GDS (basically, their airline booking system).
No Go via GDS in Canada.
I am using my points. Our company use 2TAs & have been for 2 decades. Both travel agencies tried to via GDS & they were unable to do it. I offered to pay them a service fee since I was using my points.
I have Anthroid Phone. All my family members have android phones. I do not want to use a friend's IPhone.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
No Go via GDS in Canada.
I am using my points. Our company use 2TAs & have been for 2 decades. Both travel agencies tried to via GDS & they were unable to do it. I offered to pay them a service fee since I was using my points.
I have Anthroid Phone. All my family members have android phones. I do not want to use a friend's IPhone.
Have you or a TA tried on an Android phone?
From a post in the google app store page. (no idea if for android)
Thank you, to the person who mentioned giving the app all of the permissions it needs, to function. If you have not done so already, go into settings, then apps, then choose the app and enable camera, location and storage. Not sure if it needs all three, but I enabled them all just in case
Make no sense that the web based ETA was removed
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have you or a TA tried on an Android phone?
From a post in the google app store page. (no idea if for android)

Make no sense that the web based ETA was removed
I asked .The TA said she only knows of one other client who booked tickets to YYZ-SYD since Australia opened to International Visitors , the client used her IPhone.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:00 pm

I'm from the US and traveling to Australia in June. I was able to get my ETA tourist visa via the app. It didn't approve me immediately which made me a bit nervous but it sent me an email about 15mins later approving me.

The only weird thing is that in one section it specifically specifies that it is a tourist visa, and in a different section it says "no work- business visitor activity only" which I will not be doing any type of work but it just confused me why they even mention it when I applied for tourist visa not business.

Now that I have the approval for my ETA visa, do I delete/uninstall the app? Or do I need it?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeatherDsyd
...Now that I have the approval for my ETA visa, do I delete/uninstall the app? Or do I need it?
If you uninstall the app what proof do you have that you have a valid ETA?
From reports I have read the pre CV19 visa-ETA system was better.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
If you uninstall the app what proof do you have that you have a valid ETA?
From reports I have read the pre CV19 visa-ETA system was better.
It used to be attached to your passport#. I don't know if this changed post c19? Either way, they send an email with a pdf approval letter with all the info.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
The only weird thing is that in one section it specifically specifies that it is a tourist visa, and in a different section it says "no work- business visitor activity only" which I will not be doing any type of work but it just confused me why they even mention it when I applied for tourist visa not business.
If you're travelling for work, ie working for a non-Australian employer and on a business trip to Australia, you get the same visa/ETA as a tourist. You are not allowed to work for an Australian employer or live in Australia on that tourist/business visitor visa.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
If you're travelling for work, ie working for a non-Australian employer and on a business trip to Australia, you get the same visa/ETA as a tourist. You are not allowed to work for an Australian employer or live in Australia on that tourist/business visitor visa.
I'm just confused as I'm not traveling for work and will not be working there AT ALL nor living there besides during my trip as a tourist- just vacationing. I mean I'll be there for a bit on my vacation but still technically living in the US so the business visa part doesn't apply to me.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I'm just confused as I'm not traveling for work and will not be working there AT ALL nor living there besides during my trip as a tourist- just vacationing. I mean I'll be there for a bit on my vacation but still technically living in the US so the business visa part doesn't apply to me.
Yes, but your ETA allows you to conduct business; however, that business cannot be work for an Australian employer or as an Australia-based employee; hence "business visitor activity only". The wording is a bit confusing, but what it means, as I understand, is that the only work you can do is work that is business visitor activity (ie work for your foreign employer). It does not mean that business visitor activity is the only activity allowed; tourism is also allowed. Every ETA has the same language.
mandolino and HeatherDsyd like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:49 pm

The ETA visa app worked perfectly on my midrange travel Android phone, a Samsung A71 using Android 11. Not sure why others are having issues. I downloaded the app from Google Play yesterday. Perhaps there has been an update and fix since others attempted using it.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:41 pm

Is there any known contact email or phone number to talk to someone regarding a subclass 600 visa?

Been a month since applying and getting a bit nervous for my impending trip
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn
Is there any known contact email or phone number to talk to someone regarding a subclass 600 visa?
Been a month since applying and getting a bit nervous for my impending trip
Have you had a good look on the AU visa web site for contact details? They probably do not want people to contact them, but wait in the processing queue
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...t-us/telephone

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...ng/visitor-600
Quoted processing times are not fast
Would you be eligible for another visa type/ETA via phone app?
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...g/evisitor-651

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 4, 2022 at 12:12 am Reason: added contact links (from other posts in this thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.