Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continued retaliation by NW FAs??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by GBadger
This is a very odd first post, especially from someone who is about 2 months late to the party...

Seconded. Especially from a brand new user who would have had to dig pretty thoroughly for this thread.

F/A? Someone from the other side of the story? Kind of looks like it.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:13 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Suggest we let this thread "die" ... unless there is something new to post.

Originally Posted by 318i
Seconded. Especially from a brand new user who would have had to dig pretty thoroughly for this thread.

F/A? Someone from the other side of the story? Kind of looks like it.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Update

Settlement check (and statement) from Delta arrived via registered mail yesterday. ^

I am not allowed to discuss specifics, but my attorney says it is okay to say that if they had refunded my remaining fare in the first place, the amount on that check would have had three fewer zeros in it (not to mention their legal costs). Not that it will break Delta's back, but they did acknowledge fault in the settlement statement.

Hmmmmmm . . . interesting that the check did not arrive from Northwest. Oh, wait, they don't exist anymore.

By the way, my total out-of-pocket (including attorney fees) costs: $3,183 and some change. Isn't it great to have attorney friends who owe big favors?

The process was actually not that costly (in terms of hours spent). Most of what we did was accomplished through letter writing and email. Did I fail to mention before that I had actually recorded much of the interaction that I had, once I knew that bad things were about to happen, in my smartphone? Made a very compelling bit of evidence, especially when compared to the statements made by the NW employees. That's all I can say . . .

Ah, I love that word fault.

Last edited by jwlowry; Mar 9, 2010 at 5:50 pm Reason: clarified recording medium
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
wow, good that you got this resolved. Admitting 'fault' is pretty serious in a settlement .
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Yeah, my attorney and I are sure the sentence is a typo; they pretty clearly left out the word not (as in "do not assume fault" instead of "do assume fault"). However, it is nice to read the word and pretend that people do still occasionally take responsibility and "man up".

Alas, I shall have to console myself with the fat check and how it will benefit several missionary efforts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.