Wiki Posts
Search

Continued retaliation by NW FAs??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 9:00 am
mdb

Originally Posted by avidflyer
**and slippers**

edit to add: The socks in the TATL amenity pack are for use under your shoes upon arrival.
The issue on long haul WBC flights is typically one has taken thier shoes off to sleep - then need to go to the bathroom. Finding one's shoes in the middle of the night is not that easy - frankly slippers are not a bad idea.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by spartacus
Now where did I say I went into the restroom in my socks? I was born in the daytime, 11:17 AM, but not yesterday.

So tell me just how unsafe and unsanitary it is to walk on a carpeted aisle floor for a lap up and down from the wing exit row to the galley? Probably about as unsafe and unsanitary as sitting in a seat that the flight before you may have been someone with head lice or psoriasis.
I didn't say you walked into the restroom, I was just pointing out that as the worst possible place on the A/C to walk in your bare or stocking feet. Sorry if it came across wrong.

How unsafe and unsanitary is it to walk on the carpet? Try the following: urine, vomit, fecal matter, mucus, phlegm, broken plastic and glass, assorted unimaginables that are left or lost by other people. Don't kid yourself on the aircraft cleaners standards. Even at their low pay, you're getting less than what you pay for.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by spartacus
Now where did I say I went into the restroom in my socks? I was born in the daytime, 11:17 AM, but not yesterday.

So tell me just how unsafe and unsanitary it is to walk on a carpeted aisle floor for a lap up and down from the wing exit row to the galley? Probably about as unsafe and unsanitary as sitting in a seat that the flight before you may have been someone with head lice or psoriasis.
But it's OK to walk in socks at the security screening checkpoints, right?
Old Jun 6, 2008, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DLFan2

You are correct in one sense. It is unsanitary (to say the least) to walk in socks at security checkpoints.

It is even worse, however, to walk up and down the aisle of a plane in socks. As has been pointed out, the floor is not quite a sterile environment. I guess if you want to walk the aisles in socks, it's your problem, but please don't sit down next to me and dangle your dirty feet in my space!
Old Jun 6, 2008, 7:28 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
... most americans put their feet (in shoes) pretty much anywhere: on the seats, on the bulkheads, etc etc... considering spitting in public is pretty common and the streets are not exactly super clean its amazing how careless people are.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA, ANA, JAL, NW/DL, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by yogimax
...but please don't sit down next to me and dangle your dirty feet in my space!
Also, if you are sitting behind FC in seat 5E or 5F, don't even think about taking your stinky socks off and resting your foot between FC seats 4C and 4D either. I've seen this happen one too many times.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MarcoPolosFootprints
The ability to walk around the aircraft in your socks or barefoot is not against company policy but it is unsafe, unsanitary and defies common sense, especially if entering the restroom.

So what does this say about all the time we ALL spend in socks or less at security in very heavily traveled tile floors.....
Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: former
If you don't gradually expose yourself to bacteria (in the form of urine, vomit, fecal matter, mucus, phlegm, broken plastic and glass, and other assorted unimaginables) you will not develop a resistance to them. So a little on the socks will not be a problem. (Unless you have your entire life religiously Lysoled everything you see before your eyes - - but then just once, on a whim, wear your socks around the aircraft,and then take them off and bunch them up tight to use as an impromptu swizzle stick to stir your inflight pina colada, and then suck the liquid out of the socks so as not to miss the very last drops that they soaked up from your drink).

Unless that is your M.O., walking around in socks on a plane will typically not force the pilot to emergency land at Gander. Next thing you know people will refuse to even expose their shoes to aircraft carpeting and will insist upon being rolled aboard in bubble-boy spheres (this will be an advantage, since we will no longer need seats, and the bubbles can be compressed into a dense bubble-wrap mass within the passenger area of the fuselage).

Here's another solution: take the socks off after you get off the plane and put them in the laundry. (BTW: fresh urine is sterile.)
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by nwacked
If you don't gradually expose yourself to bacteria (in the form of urine, vomit, fecal matter, mucus, phlegm, broken plastic and glass, and other assorted unimaginables) you will not develop a resistance to them. So a little on the socks will not be a problem. (Unless you have your entire life religiously Lysoled everything you see before your eyes - - but then just once, on a whim, wear your socks around the aircraft,and then take them off and bunch them up tight to use as an impromptu swizzle stick to stir your inflight pina colada, and then suck the liquid out of the socks so as not to miss the very last drops that they soaked up from your drink).

Unless that is your M.O., walking around in socks on a plane will typically not force the pilot to emergency land at Gander. Next thing you know people will refuse to even expose their shoes to aircraft carpeting and will insist upon being rolled aboard in bubble-boy spheres (this will be an advantage, since we will no longer need seats, and the bubbles can be compressed into a dense bubble-wrap mass within the passenger area of the fuselage).

Here's another solution: take the socks off after you get off the plane and put them in the laundry. (BTW: fresh urine is sterile.)
LOL

What? Someone countering the mass hysteria of FT with reason, albeit sarcastically?

I would think that someone who has not washed their hands since they got up this morning, has made it through the entire airport circus including the TSA foot fungus festival and is now madly licking the BBQ sauce off of their fingers from whatever smelly, drippy fast "food" they brought on board would be in more danger of infection than someone who took his shoes off again on board.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mdb
The issue on long haul WBC flights is typically one has taken thier shoes off to sleep - then need to go to the bathroom. Finding one's shoes in the middle of the night is not that easy - frankly slippers are not a bad idea.
Fully agree and use them all of the time. It's the "just socks" thing that scares me
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLFan2
No...but most people are not tracing "stuff" from the lav all over the security check point so it may be a bit cleaner (still hate it)
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
LOL

What? Someone countering the mass hysteria of FT with reason, albeit sarcastically?

I would think that someone who has not washed their hands since they got up this morning, has made it through the entire airport circus including the TSA foot fungus festival and is now madly licking the BBQ sauce off of their fingers from whatever smelly, drippy fast "food" they brought on board would be in more danger of infection than someone who took his shoes off again on board.
All that said: I still would not knowingly stand in a litter box. It probably wont make you sick but I would hope we have evolved enough to know the difference. If people want to walk around in stocking feet on a plane : go for it. I will chose to not stand in a litter box without shoes (or the slippers they give you in WBC just for that reason).
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:57 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Good morning from Seoul....

Lets get this thread back on track... if you have something more to say about socks and lavs, take it to OMNI... posting on Retaliation by FA's is OK ... esp those on SQ...
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:10 pm

Let me guess

Let me take a guess....

This sort of 'unusual ' thing happens to you a lot....

You don't understand why it keeps happening to you..

hummmm.. some people thing the world revolves around them and you my dear sound like just such a fool.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nzmose
Let me take a guess....
This sort of 'unusual ' thing happens to you a lot....
You don't understand why it keeps happening to you..
hummmm.. some people thing the world revolves around them and you my dear sound like just such a fool.
This is a very odd first post, especially from someone who is about 2 months late to the party...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.