Lounge access in KIX

Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Question Lounge access in KIX

I'm flying KIX-NRT-SEA soon. KIX-NRT is in Y, NRT-SEA is in WBC. Do I have lounge access in KIX?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
I am not sure if you will have access in KIX. but one thing I am sure is you won't miss much in KIX. If I remember correctly, it is a contracted lounge that is shared with several other airlines. Just make sure you give yourself enough time to enjoy the NRT lounge and the beer machine!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta
There's a beer machine in the Sakura lounge at KIX. Agreed that it's not a fantastic lounge, but nicer than the concourse and has a view window of parked planes.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, ANA, Spg Gold
Wondered if anyone could help with this query:

I am flying to HNL from KIX this week on NW (booked through Delta). I am a UA 1k and should have had my status match to DL/NW confirmed by the time I travel making me a gold medallion. As a Japan-based member I get free Delta Sky Club membership which I understand will get me into a lounge at HNL.

But... will I have any lounge access at KIX on the outgoing trip??

many thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:41 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
This might be tough since it's not a Delta/NW operated lounge, it's a contract lounge which I thnk NW and UA both use. If you don't have your membership card, they aren't able to look it up. However, you might want to ask at check-in since it would be NW/DL agents (or contracted agents working for DL/NW) that might be able to get you a pass. You might want to bring any print outs from nwa.com/dl.com if it shows your gold Asian status, or have the Skymiles fax you a letter of invitation or something....just a few ideas...
Old Dec 26, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, DL-SLV, JL-SAPPHIRE, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Gold
The lounge in KIX for NW/UA is called "Asuka Lounge." If your Gold Medallion status is already reflected in your PNR, NWA Agent in KIX will issue you an invitation slip to the lounge at the time of check in.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, ANA, Spg Gold
Many thanks for the responses. Turns out that the status match didn't happen in time so wasn't able to access the asuka

Tried to get in anyway with my UA *G card but was predictably turned away due to being on a DL flight!

Should be done in time for my return to KIX from HNL, though. Thanks again!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
I was in the Asuka lounge a week or so ago (heading KIX-HNL, DL PM and WC LT) - not a bad place. Grapefruit juice, yum. Donuts, yum. Nice little corner with some iMacs, but plenty of other good places to use my own laptop. Bathrooms are single-person, which means waiting at times. Interestingly there's one whole end of the lounge that can be roped off for group events or something.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.