Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:40 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Hey folks, the pilots haven't signed on yet. Things might still happen that would cause the merger to fail. Especially if this gets pushed into 2009. I'm sure the Democratic President and Congress would not have such a rubber-stamping mindset that the Repulicans have had in regards to mega mergers.

If the merger does succeed, look forward to three things:
1. Decrease in flights.
2. Increase in price.
3. Dilution of FF mileage.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: Northwest, Starwood, Hilton, National Car
Now it will get interesting

Will I be a "million miler" on Delta? I will have flown 1mil Elite Qualifying miles on NWA by mid-summer. If so, they might get me to stick around. If not, it might be time to review all the airline programs and choose the one I think is best (but the best might be Continental for me and they could wind up being United?!?!?!). I have had some VERY bad experiences on Delta - hmmm.........

Chris

Platinum since 2001
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Multi-year NW PE, CO SE, Former F9 Ascent
Originally Posted by slippahs
I'll definitely be stocking up on stuff from the WorldGear store. Wow, definitely heartbreaking news.
Just did so myself. Thanks slippahs for the reminder.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by 747UpperDeck
Just did so myself. Thanks slippahs for the reminder.
Right about to put in a $75 order myself. But can't get this pesky polo to add as a L rather than a 3XL...
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM (PMNW), occasional AMTK, National Exec Elite and IHG Spire
How many total Plat's does that make? (as is, I've seen flights out of ATL with 60+ medallions on board)
Egads! And this was before the current 2x MQM fiasco?!

Methinks I'll likely never see FC again as a (shudder) former WP GE, soon to be GM post-merger.

dmitzel not happy!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Unhappy

Farewell Northwest, we barely knew ye.
Dave
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:54 pm

Unhappy

Its the real deal. I got the email earlier and I was booking some award tickets and there was DL flights listed as options. NW has been my main carrier for the last 20 years. All because of the econ that we are in. Cost of fuel, and frankly there are not enough money to go around...I salute the NW staff at the Elite Office,
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
just got the email...I am depressed by it...I was thinking of requalifying for Platinum (Gold now) but now should I bother at all? I hate Delta, I am going to miss flying the red tail very very much.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I *MIGHT* be willing to suffer a mileage program devaluation as long as they keep the Worldclubs. Delta's Crown Room Club sucks compared to the Worldclubs, and I spend too much time in MSP to have to live off of mustard-flavored pretzels while paying for WiFi.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:58 pm

I've been trying to earn plat on both NW and DL this year, plus MVP on Alaska (the 160K Elite ExtraPerks rewards just weren't that enticing so I decided to spread my travel around this year). I'm about 50% there on all three. Alas, I'm not sure what to do now.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: former
>>>Life is no longer exciting...

Uff da! This is the excitement we've been promised all along!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Unhappy

There is really nothing to add.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA gold
Well, having just recently started flying and half way to silver for this year, I'll probably just hit silver and then jump ship next year if WP is replaced with SM. Especially if UA and CO merge, this would be really nice since I most often fly LAX-EWR.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Thanks for reminding me. I bought a t-shirt and some luggage tags. I'm not sad for the practical effects of the merger, but I've been loyal to NW since my first international flight when I was 12 years old. It will be disappointing to see the brand go away.

I'm going to try to make PE this year and my PE card will be my memorabilia.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
RIP NW. I hope the folks at Justice halt this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.