Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by james318
I missed this somewhere... I've been hoping they would add LIH as a destination.
Probably missed it because it's coming from the Delta side. See http://www.newglobalairline.com/stat...tinations.html
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL, AA
RIP Northwest

You've always kept Minnesota well connected to the world. Thanks for the memories.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by slippahs
I'll definitely be stocking up on stuff from the WorldGear store. Wow, definitely heartbreaking news.
Thanks for reminding me. I bought a t-shirt and some luggage tags. I'm not sad for the practical effects of the merger, but I've been loyal to NW since my first international flight when I was 12 years old. It will be disappointing to see the brand go away.

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
While I do agree that the NW Elite line is probably the best in the business. When calling Delta SMS --- I've never been connected to a call center in India.
One of the NWA agents once told me that Delta does do after-hours SMS via India. Not sure if that's true or just industry gossip. I agree with the previous poster's sentiment -- I have long avoided calling Delta customer service to avoid the outsourced call center experience. Maybe that was part of their strategy.

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by slippahs
Probably missed it because it's coming from the Delta side. See http://www.newglobalairline.com/stat...tinations.html
Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM (PMNW), occasional AMTK, National Exec Elite and IHG Spire
dmitzel likewise heading off to bed... mumble, grumble, fritzen-fratz...!

Last "experience" I had with a Georgian (e.g. DAL) was an Army drill sergeant who disliked me 'cause I was a Yankee. This North(west)erner kind of feels like a disliked WP stepchild in this (cough) "merger of equals."

Time to dig in boys... we're about to be overrun by a horde of 2x EQM PM-lites, with our FC "occupied" territory by the enemy. Now's the time to form up as the "Resistance." ^

(Maybe that will be the only thing AF will understand... Vive a la Resistance!)
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL/Ex-NWA
Unhappy

I rode on NW because they treated me right most of the time, and I was able to avoid going through Atlanta. I'll also miss the BBQ at Interstate in the Memphis airport.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Thanks for reminding me. I bought a t-shirt and some luggage tags. I'm not sad for the practical effects of the merger, but I've been loyal to NW since my first international flight when I was 12 years old. It will be disappointing to see the brand go away.
And my guess is that they'll stop stocking/ordering these items soon because of the new brand. Man, gonna hate to see the airline go.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
So- serious question. Please enlighten me... clear bullet points, how this merger ruins NW for you. Thanks,
One word:
-SkyMiles

And a bunch of other words:
-too many elites (and only increasing with the current double MQM promo)
-India
-Schedule Changes
-bye bye chisholm (I really hope not)
-Atlanta
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:31 pm

How many of you guys will take the ceremonial last flight?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 3P, NWA PE
Just transferred from UA 1K to NWA Platinum and heard this news. Heartbreak! So far, I like the NWA's website, far more superior than UA's. The use of the World Club domestically is great. The 125% bonus is super. I have been thinking of either going for Platinum or UA's 1K, this news hels me to decide. Good grief!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, *wood
Originally Posted by flyingrox
How many of you guys will take the ceremonial last flight?
Hey Rox - welcome to FT

I suspect the ceremonial last flight won't happen for a while . . .
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by notyouraveragejt
Another question has anyone read what will happen with the partnership of NW and KLM? Will it now be DL and KLM or will KLM just leave there partnership once the deal is done?
KLM is owned by AF. AF and DL have joint ventures and strong partnerships. The reality is no longer NW/KL and DL/AF but NW/KL/DL/AF.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:38 pm

after reading all these posts, i'm scared about my lowly 36K miles and if I should use them soon... perhaps one thing on the agenda should be change my dining rewards credit to AA instead of NWA..
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by spgaston
KLM is owned by AF. AF and DL have joint ventures and strong partnerships. The reality is no longer NW/KL and DL/AF but NW/KL/DL/AF.
And, if the Italian politicians and unions get some sense and don't kill AZ, then it will be NW/KL/DL/AF/AZ.
How many total Plat's does that make? (as is, I've seen flights out of ATL with 60+ medallions on board)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.