Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Check this out:

http://www.newglobalairline.com
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:26 pm

They even have a site:

Note that clicking on info for Minnesota has no mention of the elite agents in Chisholm.

Originally Posted by CGNC
Great minds think alike?

Last edited by thezipper; Apr 25, 2008 at 9:38 am Reason: Consecutive Posts by OP
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Keep Delta my Northwest ^
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:30 pm

Three hubs along a 600 mile straight line from MEM to CVG to DTW. LMAO!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
first Steenland made it go bankrupt....now he's made it disappear...what a good job. "unprecedented" eh? wait til ua and co put their route system and HUBS together

Last edited by giggy; Apr 14, 2008 at 6:37 pm
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by grizzly
Letter from Doug Steenland on nwa.com:

http://www.nwa.com/features/mergerle...ervesV2.hplead
Originally Posted by Doug
You can be assured that your WorldPerks miles and Elite program status will be unaffected by this news.
Interesting, though not unexpected. I'd expect the FFPs to be integrated after a lot of other things.

The combined Delta Air Lines will serve more U.S. communities and connect to more worldwide destinations than any global airline. We will be the only U.S. airline to offer direct service from the United States to all of the world's major business centers in Asia, Latin America, Europe, Africa, and around North America.
See, now, that's cool.

all of our hubs - both Delta's and Northwest's - will be retained.
Interesting that this is still the case. I presume they'll guarantee hubs stick around for some number of years, but sooner or later I still expect to see concern over DTW/CVG/MSP/ATL all in that area...

Improve the customers' travel experience through new products and services including enhanced self-service tools, better bag-tracking technology, more onboard meal options, new seats and refurbished cabins
Hmmm... enhanced self-service tools? Sounds like they're keeping NW's IT/IS folks around.

Originally Posted by GTITAN
A cautionary tale now for those who are staying behind, Delta is running that stupid 2x EQM promo which very may further swell their already swollen elite ranks.
I had been considering doing an June trip on DL specifically for the purpose of getting elite status on them too... but now, I can't decide whether I should do it just to rack up gobs of MQMs (not sure what good they'd do me, since it's not like the merger would convert them to EQMs for EEP), stick with NW, or look into getting status on Someone Else Entirely.

Last edited by DanTravels; Apr 14, 2008 at 6:39 pm
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by cjheck
They even have a site:

Note that clicking on info for Minnesota has no mention of the elite agents in Chisholm.
After speaking to a VERY friendly agent from Chisholm earlier today, I wish them the best and hope they're still going to handle the elite lines for NW & DL.

One of the "main" reasons why I avoid DL is because they use call centers in India
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:37 pm

This really kills the news of Chelsea 1:1 Wigan, which made my day.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
After speaking to a VERY friendly agent from Chisholm earlier today, I wish them the best and hope they're still going to handle the elite lines for NW & DL.

One of the "main" reasons why I avoid DL is because they use call centers in India
I just got this email from good ole bob...

As a valued Northwest Airlines customer and WorldPerks® member, I wanted you to be among the first to hear that we have announced a merger with Delta Air Lines. Subject to regulatory review, our two airlines are joining forces to create America’s premier global airline which, upon closing of the merger, will be called Delta Air Lines.

By combining Northwest and Delta, we are building a stronger, more resilient airline that will be a leader in providing customer service and value. Our combined airline will offer unprecedented access to the world, enabling you to fly to more destinations, have more flight choices and more ways than ever to earn and redeem your WorldPerks miles.

You can be assured that your WorldPerks miles and Elite program status will be unaffected by this merger. In addition, you can continue to earn miles through use of partners like WorldPerks Visa®. And once the new Delta Air Lines emerges you can look forward to being a part of the world’s largest frequent flyer program with expanded benefits.

The combined Delta Air Lines will serve more U.S. communities and connect to more worldwide destinations than any global airline. Our hubs – both Delta’s and Northwest’s – will be retained and enhanced. We will be the only U.S. airline to offer direct service from the United States to all of the world’s major business centers in Asia, Latin America, Europe, Africa and around North America.

Both airlines bring tremendous strengths to this new partnership. Our complementary service networks form an end-to-end system that is truly greater than the sum of its parts. This is a merger by addition, not subtraction, which means all of our hubs – both Northwest’s and Delta’s – will be retained. In addition, building on both airlines’ proud, decades-long history of serving small communities, we plan to enhance global connections to small towns and cities across the U.S.

All of these positive benefits of our combination mean that we can:
Offer a true global network where our customers will be able to fly to more destinations, have more schedule options and more opportunities to earn and redeem frequent flyer miles in what will become the world’s best and most comprehensive frequent flyer program.
Continue to serve our current roster of destinations and to maintain our hubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York, Salt Lake City, Amsterdam and Tokyo.
Improve our customers’ travel experience, through new products and services including enhanced self-service tools, better bag-tracking technology, more onboard services, including more meal options, new seats and refurbished cabins.
While we work to secure approval of our merger, which may take up to 6 to 8 months, it will be business-as-usual at both airlines. We will continue to operate as independent airlines and the people of Northwest will remain focused on providing you with the very best in safe, reliable and convenient air travel. At the same time, both airlines will be planning for a seamless integration of our two airlines, one that delivers to you the enhanced benefits that will earn – and retain – your preference.

As we work through this process, we will keep you informed at every step along the way. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you on your next Northwest flight.

Sincerely,

Bob Soukup
Managing Director, WorldPerks
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:39 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by CGNC
Total spin!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
It's official.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Delta Air Lines announced a long-speculated deal to acquire Northwest Airlines Monday, a combination that will create the world's largest airline and could lead to a series of other deals to reshape the U.S. airline industry.

The new carrier will operate under the Delta name, and be based in Atlanta.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
I am glab if i click on MN on the new exciting website that my former hometown of 16k shows up. Good old Jamestown JMS ND

"New domestic service in 2008 includes Minneapolis/St. Paul to Dubuque, Fort Wayne, Jamestown (North Dakota), and Iron Mountain?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Yea I heard it a couple of minutes before the OP, but my first move was to use up some Worldperks miles for a trip to Hawaii.

I hope the decimation of the Worldperks program I fear does not materialize.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Yea I heard it a couple of minutes before the OP, but my first move was to use up some Worldperks miles for a trip to Hawaii.

I hope the decimation of the Worldperks program I fear does not materialize.
Yeah I had upgraded my CGK-PBI flight to Business just in case.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by twoner32
Continue to serve our current roster of destinations and to maintain our hubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York, Salt Lake City, Amsterdam and Tokyo.
now thats efficiency

keeping this and I give the new Delta three years before they visit the B-judge again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.