Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Moderators: please merge this forum with Delta SkyMiles! :0o
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Thinking about BKK

Gonna be tough to get those award tickets now...everyone will be flying WBC to somewhere sunny. Wonder if all those burning wp miles will light up the sky tonight.

Figures, I'd just gotten a 3-year WC membership in September.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
After 20 years with NW, I'll need some grievance counseling. But I guess we'll have a few months to plan the funeral and wake.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
So does this mean that I can earn double EQM's on my MSN-DTW-PDX-AMS-TLS-AMS-PDX-MSP-MSN trip that I have coming up ...
This stinks. I'm pretty sure that I'm about to blow a bunch of miles and then hop over to CO...maybe now they'll match status.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
A lot more info on the DL site.

http://news.delta.com/article_displa...ticle_id=11034
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>This really kills the news of Chelsea 1:1 Wigan, which made my day.

You should have started a separate thread for the Chelsea result. It is badly tainted by being in this one.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Email from Bob Soukup too

Says the same thing as the letter on the web site.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:58 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
One of the "main" reasons why I avoid DL is because they use call centers in India
While I do agree that the NW Elite line is probably the best in the business. When calling Delta SMS --- I've never been connected to a call center in India.

Continental/United is next...

As a CO employee, I will be sad to see our brand folded into United. But I guess that's the way it crumbles, cookie-wise...

Programs: former
The real question is what they are going to do with all that NWA flatware and glassware. Will it be worth more or less?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
from the propaganda site

perhaps what is most important to FTers

"Shortly after the deal closes, we will announce a plan for consolidating miles into one account, and because of the breadth of the new network, customers will have greater opportunities to earn and redeem miles. As with all of our operations, there will be no combination of frequent flyer programs until the transaction closes."

time to burn burn burn
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Ex-DL Plat, SPG Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Gold
The deal ain't done yet....the DoJ still has to approve it.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
It will be very interesting to see what this does with the NW relationship with Alaska Airlines. Historically, the two airlines have been very close and had a good frequent flier partnership. Delta and Alaska Airlines, while partners, haven't been as close, nor shared as many perks across elites.

With Delta the surviving public entity, one wonders which relationship with AS will be the dominant one, since AS is outside of SkyTeam.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
damn.

What changes can SkyMiles and WorldPerks members expect as a result of this transaction?

Customers will be able to fly to more destinations, have more flight scheduling choices and have greater ability to earn and redeem their SkyMiles around the world.
Yup ~ there it is. :barf:

/.

Last edited by CaveatEmpty; Apr 14, 2008 at 7:54 pm
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
It will be very interesting to see what this does with the NW relationship with Alaska Airlines. Historically, the two airlines have been very close and had a good frequent flier partnership. Delta and Alaska Airlines, while partners, haven't been as close, nor shared as many perks across elites.

With Delta the surviving public entity, one wonders which relationship with AS will be the dominant one, since AS is outside of SkyTeam.
I think it will depend on what happens with AA and AS. AS has deals wiht several airlines not just NWA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.