Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inspirato

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:38 am

Current fee structures?

My better half is asking about this club - some of her friends belong. Does anyone have the current fees (initiation and then monthly) that they're offering people? Based on what I read it sounds like we should only consider the family membership and not the key membership if we want any real selection options..... PM if necessary. Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by travellingcari
No phone spam so far, but 11 emails.
Logistics never worked out for me to join, but what really turned me off further was their incessant emails. Even using unsubscribe and UnRollMe, I still get ~5 emails/week from them. I get that they're sales people and that's their job, but it's disrespectful and off putting.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by marriedatdisney
My better half is asking about this club - some of her friends belong. Does anyone have the current fees (initiation and then monthly) that they're offering people? Based on what I read it sounds like we should only consider the family membership and not the key membership if we want any real selection options..... PM if necessary. Thanks!
I'm unsure of the current rate structure for initiation, but they're always running specials and I've seen second hand several times where they've negotiated.

As I wrote earlier in the thread, Inspirato is phenomenal conceptually and when you are at the property it is amazing. No pre-arrival stress on quality, very good concierge service, and decidedly 5 star and upscale residences. Don't join for price. Yes, there are often phenomenal deals on residences...but I've often found comparable rates elsewhere. I've stayed several time through Virtuoso or Amex Platinum at their hotel properties because, even though Inspirato was better priced, there are absolutely no benefits that come with the hotel stays. Breakfast, late checkout, and often $100 or so amenity have almost always trumped Inspirato hotel prices.

So....if you travel somewhat offseason, or if you are looking for ultra luxury during the heavy travel periods and would prefer to pay sky high as opposed to exhorbitant prices....and if you value the service aspect....it's worth a look.

I don't particularly sound like a happy customer, but I've renewed every year. I like to have the Inspirato option, and it's fun to dream about the vacations we only occasionally take!

Btw, every member that has taken one of their signature cruises has raved.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Key is currently $7,500 to join and then $3,900 annually.
Family is $22,500 to join and then $3,900 annually.
Executive is $30,000 to join and then $3,900 annually.

Prices are going up later this month, but I'm not sure what the new rates will be. There is usually a $2,500 discount off the initiation and a $600 discount off the annual fee when paying with an AMEX card.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
If you are only traveling during peak times of year, you're probably right about needing the family membership. However, if you can travel during Sept-Nov, January/February and late April through early June, there is excellent availability. If you have an online account, you can search the dates and check for yourself. Also, I know many prospective members who have done a web session where the Inspirato rep will allow you to play with the website on their end, so you can see the full site normally accessible to members only.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:57 pm

Wheels Up and Inspirato Launch Experiential Partnership

Potentially exciting news today. We haven't been briefed on what the specific perks for Inspirato members will be, but these two business models certainly go well together. Link is below.

http://assets.wheelsup.com/press_rel...ease_Final.pdf
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by nddomer04
Potentially exciting news today. We haven't been briefed on what the specific perks for Inspirato members will be, but these two business models certainly go well together. Link is below.

http://assets.wheelsup.com/press_rel...ease_Final.pdf
Looking forward to hearing more, especially the benefits for Inspirato members (release talked more about benefits on the Wheels Up side). I checked the Wheels Up app and nothing for "Hot Nights" yet, but imagine will be rolled out shortly.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:33 am

As an Inspirato member who has kicked the tires on Wheels Up from time to time, this is quite interesting. Would love access to the 8760 features....
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by gold23
As an Inspirato member who has kicked the tires on Wheels Up from time to time, this is quite interesting. Would love access to the 8760 features....
Totally agree. A Jaunt combined with a Hot Flight could be an incredible value.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by nddomer04
Totally agree. A Jaunt combined with a Hot Flight could be an incredible value.
Or...and I'm dreaming here....a proactive member services team that could potentially set up shared charters. If, for example, three families from the same location were travelling to one of their spots with multiple homes (think NY-Kiawah, etc..), they could share a charter Sat-Sat. As a member, I would absolutely pay the premium (probably not that excessive) over commercial air.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:24 am

Inspirato events?

Considering joining Inspirato and I have a pretty good handle on the use of vacation properties but how does attendance at scheduled events work?
I appreciate any answers from current members.
Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:08 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by sunnysocal17
Considering joining Inspirato and I have a pretty good handle on the use of vacation properties but how does attendance at scheduled events work?
Thanks
Hello SunnySocal17 - think you will really enjoy the club. I assume your question is with relation to the local (social) events that they host (sporting events, cooking classes, social events, etc)? If so, they typically will be first come first serve. There is an events page now where you can see all the local events in various cities across the country. They'll also post on the local Facebook pages. Some of the better sporting events will sell out quickly, so you'll just need to stay on top of it. They are definitely increasing the local presence with events, which is great considering it is, after all, a club of like-minded members and it's great to get together and chat (similar to the social aspect of country clubs, etc). Feel free to PM with any other questions. We are headed to Vail in a few days and staying at one of their homes there. I've posted a few trip reports as well in case you want to get a feel for the service, home experience. Enjoy!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:27 am

Thanks
I've been a member for years, and I am constantly re-evaluating our membership. I keep it because when it DOES work out, it's spectacular.

If you are joining with the anticipation of accessing their properties over Christmas or other premium national vacation days/weeks, beware. You will have access, but the prices are extreme. Yes, you'll rent a $6M home for $3k a night instead of $3500/night, but it won't serve your needs.

If, however, you are planning on travelling over the other 48 or 49 weeks, it can be an absolutely wonderful experience. Their cruises, in particular, are amongst the best we've ever encountered. If you have flexibility, Jaunts are as good as you'll find in terms of value.

With respect to the events, as noted above it's first come, first served. Neat little perks, but I wouldn't join for them.

My only outstanding complaint is that I wish they'd broker Virtuoso type amenities with the hotel partners. Yes, Inspirato can save me $75/night or so over direct booking, but without the amenities I'm better off booking Virtuoso and not having my $ tied up if I cancel (cancellations w/Inspirato result in credit, not refund).
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:59 pm

Thanks

Ray and Gold,
Thank you for the response. I'm going to look into the membership a little further. Do they still offer any discounts for payment by amex?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:59 am

Ray and Gold,
Thank you for the response. I'm going to look into the membership a little further. Do they still offer any discounts for payment by amex?
I believe so, but am not completely sure. I do know they just introduced the ability to pre-pay 3 years worth of dues, thus locking in the rate and receiving a free Peloton bike (which we own, is amazing, and cost us $2k).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.