Inspirato

Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by gold23
To me, the Jaunts and partner programs are the killer distinction.
Could you give some examples of Jaunts that would be available right now, if one were looking for a last-minute getaway?

I've been tempted by Inspirato, but since it is primarily just my husband and me traveling, we do not have the need for large homes. I've been interested more for the consistency of the experience, locations, ease of research, etc. And the idea of the Jaunts appeals because we will soon have the freedom to take off whenever we wish.

Originally Posted by nddomer04
I've just never met a member who was comped the initiation fee.
There were several AmEx members who reported here several years ago that they were comped the entire initiation fee plus given the discount on the annual fees. Most were Platinum members and as a Centurion member, I found this unfair. I called AmEx to try to get them to match the offer, but they would not do it. I hoped that they would extend this as a Centurion benefit eventually, but they have not done so.

I doubt we would use it enough to justify the initiation fee, but it would be a nice-to-have option available to us if AmEx ever steps up and adds this as a benefit.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Could you give some examples of Jaunts that would be available right now, if one were looking for a last-minute getaway?

I've been tempted by Inspirato, but since it is primarily just my husband and me traveling, we do not have the need for large homes. I've been interested more for the consistency of the experience, locations, ease of research, etc. And the idea of the Jaunts appeals because we will soon have the freedom to take off whenever we wish.

There were several AmEx members who reported here several years ago that they were comped the entire initiation fee plus given the discount on the annual fees. Most were Platinum members and as a Centurion member, I found this unfair. I called AmEx to try to get them to match the offer, but they would not do it. I hoped that they would extend this as a Centurion benefit eventually, but they have not done so.

I doubt we would use it enough to justify the initiation fee, but it would be a nice-to-have option available to us if AmEx ever steps up and adds this as a benefit.
We are a family of 4. The large residences have never made sense for us- especially around school vacations when the cost savings is minimal through Inspirato. That being said, we've taken several trips with friends to the larger homes and it's an amazing experience. We've also done it with extended family. We tend to use it sparingly, but for those several planned trips and a couple of Jaunts we've been happy with the experience.

Right now, you could stay in a 900 sq ft beachfront suite in Anguilla for $190/night, a 4k sq ft residence in Aspen for $490, beachfront in SC for $550, 1500 sq ft in Hawaii at the Fairmont for $390, 1250 sq ft in Cabo for $250, 5k sq ft in La Jolla for $590....and MANY more. They expanded the jaunts a few months ago, and it really is a collection of fantastic last second deals. The Jaunt 52 are not as inexpensive, but still excellent value.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:15 am

Thanks, appreciate the information!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Thanks, appreciate the information!
Hi Susan, good catch on the AMEX incentives from a few years ago...that was before I joined, and when the club was just ramping up, so I was thinking more recent.

In terms of Jaunt52, here are some specific examples for those looking for some of the larger residences. A 3-BR garden residence at the Montage Kapalua is currently available May 27 to June 3 for $750/night. If you go to the Montage website, the lowest rate for that same category of room on those dates is $1,690/night.

A 2BR Ocean View Residence at the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman is available July 8 to July 15 for $890/night. The same category of residence is available on Ritz Carlton's website for $2,700/night ($2,100 if you dropped down to a resort view). As far as full price Inspirato rates, this is the only 2BR. But the 3BR Ocean View is available for $1,650/night ($3,500/night through Ritz Carlton directly).

A 3BR Oceanfront Villa at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui is available July 29 to August 5 for $1,350 per night. Fairmont.com is currently showing a rate of $4,119 per night ($3,604/night if you dropped down to Ocean View instead of Oceanfront). The regular rate through Inspirato for these dates is $1880/night.

A 4 BR Oceanfront Villa at the Belmond La Samanna in St. Martin is available both June 11-17 and July 8-15 for $990/night on Jaunt52. The Belmond website is quoting $2,700/night for the July dates. Their website lists the June dates as unavailable (remember, only Inspirato members have access to the specific Inspirato residences at these resorts, so the resorts are actually turning over inventory to Inspirato. That means the resort could be fully booked, but Inspirato could still have availability....or the other way around. The regular Inspirato rate for these dates is $1,690/night

While it is now booked, a 2BR Villa at the Terranea in RPV, California was available July 8-15 for $650/night when it's $1,590/night through Terranea directly. As an example of the full, non-Jaunt52 rate, I plugged in July 15-22. A 3BR is $1,360 with Inspirato and $2,000 on Terranea's website.

Hopefully these real examples give you an idea of how great the value is. Even without Jaunt, the values can be incredible (with the exception of Christmas/New Years weeks). But then add in Jaunt, and it's insane. It's really hard to compare stand alone homes to VRBO because there's so much more you're getting with Inspirato. But I love these resort examples, because you can compare the exact same category of residence and see the value of Inspirato versus having to book directly with the resort. Plus you're getting all the rest of the great Inspirato benefits.

After we originally declined to join, my wife and I literally combed through the entire portfolio and compared Inspirato rates to the hotels/resorts for the same dates. We were amazed at how great the value was.

Last edited by nddomer04; Apr 8, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:04 am

Thank you! Some excellent options there. Definitely something I will look into in the next year or two when we will have more time for trips like this.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:03 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Today's email brings a message titled: YOUR SPECIAL INVITATION TO TRY INSPIRATO

Receive a complimentary guest membership to Inspirato

Imagine you and your family vacationing more easily and more often than ever before. That's the promise of Inspirato, a collection of luxury accommodations in more than 175 destinations that offer the white-glove service of a dedicated Member Care team to ensure an exceptional experience every time. From sugar-white beaches and world-class golf to sophisticated cities and iconic mountain retreats, Inspirato transforms vacations into lifetime memories.

Now Inspirato is pleased to offer American Express Platinum Card® Members a special opportunity to access the benefits of Inspirato for a limited time, risk-free. There's no initial Membership fee required and no long-term commitment. You can evaluate the club at a pace that works for you and your family.
Offer applies to Invited Guests only; acceptance in the Invited Guest program is subject to acceptance of your Invited Guest Membership Application by club, your acceptance of applicable Inspirato Membership terms & conditions upon activation, and a credit card added to your account prior to travel. Payment of the then-current applicable Initiation Fee and first year Annual Membership Fee will be deferred for the first six months of your Inspirato Membership. In order to continue your Inspirato Membership, you will be responsible for paying Inspirato the then-current applicable Initiation Fee and first year Annual Membership Fee or Monthly Membership Fee based on the Membership Program selected. Thereafter, the applicable Annual Membership Fee or Monthly Membership Fee will be automatically charged to your primary payment method on file with Inspirato annually or monthly, as applicable, in order to renew your membership unless you contact Inspirato at 303-586-7771 to cancel your membership prior to your renewal date. Not combinable with any other offer. Offer is subject to change or cancellation at any time.

Inspirato® is a private travel membership club that, except during the six-month trial period, requires a nonrefundable Initiation Fee and either an Annual Membership Fee or Monthly Membership Fee, as applicable. Membership is subject to acceptance of terms and conditions and other eligibility requirements. Availability, benefits, and nightly rates and taxes may vary by accommodation, date, and membership option selected. See website (www.inspirato.com) for complete details. Inspirato is owned by Inspirato LLC and operated by its subsidiary Best of 52, LLC, 1637 Wazee Street, Denver, CO 80202, [email protected], 303-586-7771. Operator is registered as Florida Seller of Travel Registration No. ST38403; Washington Seller of Travel Registration No. UBI 603086598; California Seller of Travel Registration No. CST 2107465. ©2017 Inspirato LLC.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Today's email brings a message titled: YOUR SPECIAL INVITATION TO TRY INSPIRATO
This is what I had referenced as the "invite-only" program in a recent post on April 7. The Invited Guest program is now how someone joins Inspirato. You either have to be referred by a current member or receive a special offer like the one referenced here. The text you posted pretty much sums it up. Inspirato now allows prospective members to try the club (while still paying the normal price for vacations) without having to commit to the initiation fees (10k for Key, 20k for Family, 30k for Executive).

Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions. My family and I are headed to Punta de Mita soon, and I'll be happy to post a trip report when we get back.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:32 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
I assume the six month trial replaces the initiation fee discounts mentioned earlier in the thread?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I assume the six month trial replaces the initiation fee discounts mentioned earlier in the thread?
That's correct. Once someone has started as part of the Invited Guest program, I've heard of them giving some incentives in the form of travel credits for joining sooner within the trial period. For example, if you join after one month, you get a certain dollar amount put in your travel credit bank. The dollar amount of the credit goes down the longer someone waits to join within the 6 month trial. But the credit doesn't come off the initiation fee.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:41 pm

I'm thinking of joining but not really sure if its for me. When did you guys knew it was for you and what made you decide?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Joroy70
I'm thinking of joining but not really sure if its for me. When did you guys knew it was for you and what made you decide?
Hi Joroy70, we spent a lot of time researching before we joined three years ago. I've detailed a lot of the reasons we joined (and specific experiences since) in earlier posts within this thread. But, in a nutshell, my family (me, wife, 4 boys 7 and under) likes to travel to luxury resorts, but we had outgrown regular hotel rooms. When we saw that we could stay at properties we'd want to vacation to (Fairmont Maui, Terranea, Grand Wailea, Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman, Esperanza in Cabo, etc) while being in immaculate large residences with all the comforts of home, along with stellar service from a dedicated concierge, it was a no-brainer.

Everywhere we've vacationed, the Inspirato service has been impeccable, and the quality of the residences has been top notch.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Joroy70
I've been a member for several years (way before the Amex partnership). I'm still not 100% sure its for me, but I imagine I'll continue to remain a member.

The homes are absolutely spectacular, and the service is first rate. The #1 aspect of membership, to me, is that it is almost a completely stress free experience. You know the home you're staying in will be of top notch, 5+ star quality, and the service you receive before, during, and after will be exceptional.

My nitpicks? The most desirable locations are not bargains over prime dates. I have a family of 4, and for 70% of our vacations we need to plan around school breaks. I can often find just as nice accommodations, in better locations at times, for less. You don't have the peace of mind like you do with Inspirato, but still.... I would say maybe 25-30% of my vacations are through Inspirato. If I did not have children, it would be much more.

The locations aren't always great. Some fantastic on-hill ski locations, but many of the beach residences are not on the beach. Take Kiawah, for example. Not one of their residences is actually on or that close to the beach. Great for a golf vacation, but you need to drive or bike to the beach.

I love some of the hotel relationships, but I have a few small nitpicks there as well. It's often less expensive to book through Amex Platinum. The rates w/Inspirato are a bit lower, but with Amex we receive free breakfast, $100 credit, and upgrades. I've also felt like I've been treated better through Amex than Inspirato.

The Jaunts are remarkable. If you have some flexibility in your travel plans, taking just one Jaunt per year will pay for your membership in spades.

If you set reasonable expectations, it's a fabulous club.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:34 pm

Inspirato Launches "Bespoke," Custom Travel by Inspirato

Just got an email today about a new custom travel program Inspirato is launching as a partnership with Virtuoso and Tafari Travel. It's called Bespoke, and the details can be found here: https://www.inspirato.com/ceo-update...andler_members

Last edited by nddomer04; Jun 20, 2017 at 2:56 pm
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
I'm seriously considering joining and wanted to know if anyone has any discount referral codes and/or executive membership referrals available to supply. A PM would be welcomed in either case.

I'm also an AMEX PLT member but I've yet to see a mailer or email about any special Inspirato offers.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by trojanman
I'm seriously considering joining and wanted to know if anyone has any discount referral codes and/or executive membership referrals available to supply. A PM would be welcomed in either case.

I'm also an AMEX PLT member but I've yet to see a mailer or email about any special Inspirato offers.
PM sent

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.