FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inspirato
Thread: Inspirato
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:27 am
gold23

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sunnysocal17
Considering joining Inspirato and I have a pretty good handle on the use of vacation properties but how does attendance at scheduled events work?
I appreciate any answers from current members.
Thanks
I've been a member for years, and I am constantly re-evaluating our membership. I keep it because when it DOES work out, it's spectacular.

If you are joining with the anticipation of accessing their properties over Christmas or other premium national vacation days/weeks, beware. You will have access, but the prices are extreme. Yes, you'll rent a $6M home for $3k a night instead of $3500/night, but it won't serve your needs.

If, however, you are planning on travelling over the other 48 or 49 weeks, it can be an absolutely wonderful experience. Their cruises, in particular, are amongst the best we've ever encountered. If you have flexibility, Jaunts are as good as you'll find in terms of value.

With respect to the events, as noted above it's first come, first served. Neat little perks, but I wouldn't join for them.

My only outstanding complaint is that I wish they'd broker Virtuoso type amenities with the hotel partners. Yes, Inspirato can save me $75/night or so over direct booking, but without the amenities I'm better off booking Virtuoso and not having my $ tied up if I cancel (cancellations w/Inspirato result in credit, not refund).