Reload this Page >

LGA-JFK / JFK-LGA Airport Connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: headinclouds
All members are invited to contribute information and links to this wikipost.

This wikipost can be displayed or hidden using the square +/– button on the upper right.

For general information, see the Port Authority website: http://www.panynj.gov/airports/lga-airport-connections.html

Options for LGA-JFK and JFK-LGA connections
Print Wikipost

LGA-JFK / JFK-LGA Airport Connections

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:37 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Tatou! Now that your thread has been moved to the NYC Forum, it's been merged into the existing thread on this topic (which can be found in our Sticky thread at the top of the forum) - please be sure to read upthread for more advice.

/Moderator
Old Jun 11, 2010, 8:15 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
That is extraordinarily unlikely.
On a weekday, there have been many times when I left JFK, at 3 pm, driving north on the VW, from the belt parkway to the split for VW North and Grand Central, took 35-40 minutes, so I'm factoring in extra time at 4 pm.
[PS: All on VW, southbound at 4 pm, the back-ups generally begin at the LIE and the traffic inches along, taking 35-40 minutes to get to the belt parkway. This info is of interest to someone going from lga-jfk.]
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:59 am

Late night transfer LGA - JFK

Later this year I will need to make a late night transfer from LGA to JFK. Arriving at LGA somewhere around midnight and need to be at JFK by about 5 A.M.

For some strange reason I had assumed that in a city the size of New York there would be shuttle buses running 24 hours per day. But this doesn't appear to be the case.

Am I safe in assuming that a taxi will be my only transfer option during those hours ? And that the fare should be appr. $ 30 ?

Any recommendations for taxi company or other useful information gratefully accepted.

Thanks very much.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by thebobmc
Later this year I will need to make a late night transfer from LGA to JFK. Arriving at LGA somewhere around midnight and need to be at JFK by about 5 A.M.

For some strange reason I had assumed that in a city the size of New York there would be shuttle buses running 24 hours per day. But this doesn't appear to be the case.

Am I safe in assuming that a taxi will be my only transfer option during those hours ? And that the fare should be appr. $ 30 ?

Any recommendations for taxi company or other useful information gratefully accepted.

Thanks very much.
Just walk outside and hail a cab. About $30 or so plus tip. Now if you want a cheap alternative there is public transportation, bus to the subway to the Airtrain. Although late a night it will take longer it appears that you might have the time to do it. I would not suggest this option if your traveling with more than two bags, or heavy/large bags, or if not comfortable taking public transporation. However, safety should not be an issue. Also if you want to take this option, first log onto mta.info to check service changes that often occur in the wee hours of the morning.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Just walk outside and hail a cab. About $30 or so plus tip. Now if you want a cheap alternative there is public transportation, bus to the subway to the Airtrain. Although late a night it will take longer it appears that you might have the time to do it. I would not suggest this option if your traveling with more than two bags, or heavy/large bags, or if not comfortable taking public transporation. However, safety should not be an issue. Also if you want to take this option, first log onto mta.info to check service changes that often occur in the wee hours of the morning.
I agree with all of this, except you don't excatly "walk outside and hail a cab." There are taxi queues with dispatchers outside each terminal, and either there will be a line of taxis waiting to load passengers, or the dispatcher will radio for one for you.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:20 am

The idea of shlepping on public transportation--a real pain. A bus to the subway and then you have to transfer from the subway to Airtrain. ( Airtrain and the subway are NOT in the same place--they are next to each other but you need to go into the street) Splurge and take a cab. Just make sure you go to the que--do NOT take any rides from anyone hanging out in the terminal and offering you a "deal" --the deal you take can end up being very costly!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:39 pm

LGA to JFK cab for 5?

Am I correct that there are cabs/vans in the taxi line that can accomodate 5 with luggage that will take me to from LGA to JFK? Does anyone know the approx price for a vehicle that size? I would notify the taxi attendant that is what I need?

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Just let the guy know you need a van - cost is the same. You may have to wait, so if time is tight, consider two vehicles or book a sedan ahead of time.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:27 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Just let the guy know you need a van - cost is the same. You may have to wait, so if time is tight, consider two vehicles or book a sedan ahead of time.
To clarify, it'll be a yellow minivan cab that the OP will need. However, there is limited space for luggage behind the back back seat, maybe enough for a few rollaboards, so the OP's party may, indeed, need to take 2 cabs.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:24 am

Ahh, thanks!

Originally Posted by dstan
To clarify, it'll be a yellow minivan cab that the OP will need. However, there is limited space for luggage behind the back back seat, maybe enough for a few rollaboards, so the OP's party may, indeed, need to take 2 cabs.

Like the yellow van in Cash Cab....Right 2 cabs probably easier. We are all very light travelers, 1 bag each, plus a couple of purses, but that is more than likely too much for the back? I guess 2 cabs is the way to go.

Thanks again!!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stan1162
Like the yellow van in Cash Cab....Right 2 cabs probably easier. We are all very light travelers, 1 bag each, plus a couple of purses, but that is more than likely too much for the back? I guess 2 cabs is the way to go.

Thanks again!!
If you're light travellers, you might just fit into one minivan cab. When you hail it, you'll see if that is indeed the case. Then you can decide to hail another one if needed.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:50 am

LGA to JFK (landing in LGA:: need to get to JFK for International flight)

help please:

needs some help

landing with AA in LGA and need to get to JFK for international flight.

any suggestions, any idea of costs....

thanks alot

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
This is covered extensively in the NYC forum.

How much time do you have between flights?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Take a cab....done this a couple times in the past. I don't recall the price but cabs are really the easiest way to go.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

What time will you be getting to LGA? I'd say a cab too because there's no train service there. Give yourself lots of time. There's also lga-jfk shuttles that are cheaper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.