Reload this Page >

LGA-JFK / JFK-LGA Airport Connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: headinclouds
All members are invited to contribute information and links to this wikipost.

This wikipost can be displayed or hidden using the square +/– button on the upper right.

For general information, see the Port Authority website: http://www.panynj.gov/airports/lga-airport-connections.html

Options for LGA-JFK and JFK-LGA connections
Print Wikipost

LGA-JFK / JFK-LGA Airport Connections

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
You have enough time to do either, but I would recommend the taxi. Lot faster and if you are sharing with 3 others, much cheaper, though as cordelli noted, it will depend on how much luggage you are transporting.

I have been burned waiting for the LGA-JFK shuttle, where I waited for an hour for one to arrive (after being reassured several times by the attendant that it was on its way ). After having bought a ticket, the driver was about as slow as possible, so I and a few others hopped in a taxi to get to the airport in time for our flight. I believe our taxi ride was $28 before tip.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:16 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by hyho61
We are a party of 4 going from LGA to JFK. Out flight arrives at 1:55 pm at LGA and the international flight from JFK on Egypt air is at 6:30 pm. Is this sufficient time accounting for nominal flight delays. (4 hrs 35 mins).

What is the best method of going between the airports ? Taxi or Shuttles and which is cheaper.

Thanks.
Greetings, hyho61 - your thread has now been merged into the existing thread on this topic which, as noted above, is available form our Sticky thread. Please be sure to check upthread for more general advice.

/Moderator
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:16 pm

How long is it from JFK-LGA?& how long would the security check take at LGA?

Hello everyone,i'm kind of new here and i need some info please.
I'm going to Montreal via New York.I'd be landing at JFK around 4:00pm on Sunday hopefully with no delay.And my flight with UA to YUL would be taking off at 7:55pm from LGA.
Now i'm assuming that a taxi would be the best way to get to LGA.But i need to know how long would it take me to get there and how much would it cost.
Moreover,i need to know how long would it take 4 the security check at LGA & if it takes long to get my boarding pass.(i only have a cabin bag)
Thanx.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:18 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Tatou, welcome to FlyerTalk. I'll move your thread to an ideal forum for it: our Travel->New York forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's also a bus from JFK-LGA. It's scheduled for 1 hour transit time, but it should take less than that on a Sunday afternoon.

http://www.nyairportservice.com/page.php?id=52
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:27 pm

thank u guys.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:33 pm

Nerd i'm worried that won't have enough time,so i thought a cab would be faster. well i don't know.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even if you're arriving from an international flight, 4 hours should be plenty of time.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

And by the way, even though the flight from LGA to YUL has a UA flight number, it is in fact operated by Air Canada.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:46 pm

ok,thanx nerd.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:48 pm

yes,i know guv1976.
but thx 4 the clarification.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:36 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
A cab should take about 25 to 45 minutes and cost somewhere between 25 and 30 dollars.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:59 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
What airline are you arriving on at JFK? If it is AA, I've seen the taxi line with over 100 people (and growing)--this is something to consider if it affects you. The jfk-lga bus on a Sunday afternoon should get you to lga in under an hour. [PS: on a weekday at 4 pm, almost any method could take two hours.]
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by nrr
PS: on a weekday at 4 pm, almost any method could take two hours.
That is extraordinarily unlikely.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:48 am

ok,thanx guys..i'll keep it in mind nrr. I just heard lots of stories about getting out of jfk, the immigration,the security check,the traffic... some people made me feel that it might be impossible to get to montreal on sunday.... i was worried coz i didn't know what to expect especially i'm only there for 2 days,for i have to leave on tuesday.so i thought i'd ask, coz u guys live there & should know better...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.