Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
I wouldn't pay luxury rate for 300's,also isn't 300's premium?
does MIA has better choice than FLL?
Sorry, I didn't realize you booked a luxury - I thought you were hoping to see one on the aisle. If I booked a luxury car and saw a Cadillac or BWM being held over at Alamo, I would escalate to a manager and insist I be given my choice of luxury car on either lot, especially if I had Exec or EE status.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Went to exchange the gas-slurping Edge I picked up at MIA last week.

EE had a vast selection of 300s (including a 300C I took), lots and lots of Avalons, one Impala and a couple other cars I can't recall.

Staff was very chipper and helpful tonight - downright pleasant! I asked if there was a Buick around, and they found one on the Alamo lot and held the key for me while I returned my Edge. Of course the Sirius was already off (what's up with Sirius and Buicks? ), so I went back and exchanged it for the 300C - brand new with only 600M.

After leaving something in the Edge I had to drive back and get, I had the chance to interact with a variety of staff, including the station manager, and found everyone to be extra-pleasant, helpful, even charming. Maybe they got wind of our less-than-thrilling experiences lately? Of course the 2 BWMs were parked at the Alamo side for upsells, but you can't have everything
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:16 am

One thing I don't understand about FLL is- where are all the good cars? Isn't National employee Babyboy754 posting from the FLL location and he always mentions the awesome new cars which they are taking delivery of?!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
One thing I don't understand about FLL is- where are all the good cars? Isn't National employee Babyboy754 posting from the FLL location and he always mentions the awesome new cars which they are taking delivery of?!
On the adjacent Alamo side, being held for upsell.

When there is an abundance of nicer cars (ie excess 300s, Avalons, etc), they will put them on the EE - but your chance of finding a BWM, Lincoln, Cadillac or Infiniti on the EE is about 0.01% - if they put one of those cars out there, you can assume it's long gone unless they drive it up right while you're standing there and you're the only Elite making a run for it.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:39 am

As stated the Alamo side. I saw another e350 Benz yesterday and it was a wxar if I read it correctly.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I guess I have been lucky at FLL. I have received a G37x, convertible Camaro and Explorer Limited all from the Exec Aisle.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Went to exchange the gas-slurping Edge I picked up at MIA last week.

EE had a vast selection of 300s (including a 300C I took), lots and lots of Avalons, one Impala and a couple other cars I can't recall.
A gas slurping Edge being exchanged for a Hemi 300? Did you get better mileage?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
A gas slurping Edge being exchanged for a Hemi 300? Did you get better mileage?
Ops. The 300C has a Hemi and the non-C has the regular V6? No wonder I didn't get the 33mpg hwy I was expecting. Ok, lesson learned...no more "Cs".
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:07 pm

Ops. The 300C has a Hemi and the non-C has the regular V6? No wonder I didn't get the 33mpg hwy I was expecting. Ok, lesson learned...no more "Cs".
Unless things have changed, yes, the 300c has the HEMI. It was fun to drive though, wasn't it?

Even the regular V6 300 will not get you anywhere close to 33 highway MPG...even if you drove 50 mph.

At least you found a C...I haven't had any luck yet. I just know it had some serious power in my Ram, so I want to see what it does in a 300.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Unless things have changed, yes, the 300c has the HEMI. It was fun to drive though, wasn't it?

Even the regular V6 300 will not get you anywhere close to 33 highway MPG...even if you drove 50 mph.

At least you found a C...I haven't had any luck yet. I just know it had some serious power in my Ram, so I want to see what it does in a 300.
I was regularly getting mid-30s in the non-C 300 on the freeway...and driving about 60-65. That's one of the reasons I started grabbing them over the Sonata.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:28 pm

I was regularly getting mid-30s in the non-C 300 on the freeway...and driving about 60-65. That's one of the reasons I started grabbing them over the Sonata.
Wow, that's impressive. I stand corrected. I then went to look at a window sticker online and their EPA specs say 31, ranging from 25-37. I looked at the C for ..... and giggles and it was 25, ranging from 20-30 on the highway. Impressive!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:41 am

So on my visit to Fll I plan on renting a full size car. I was just wondering if I'm allowed to choose the car I want, even if it's from another company. Also, what are the chances of getting a free upgrade or would it cost less to upgrade when I get there in person than over the Internet? Lastly, do most standard suv's come with leather seat or is it just the luck of the draw as I received a ford edge limited a couple of years ago at phx which came with leather seats and my ford touch among other features.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG Gold, National Exec, WN A/CP
You are allowed to choose whatever car you want from the size you have reserved or either the EA or ES aisles. That location normally has a good selection of cars on the aisles so you have a better chance of getting something you may like..

As far as the SUVs go, it's totally random as to what is available and what they have on them when you get there...

Usually easy to upgrade at this location with one of the greeters if you have any status with Emerald Club.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by xylum
So on my visit to Fll I plan on renting a full size car. I was just wondering if I'm allowed to choose the car I want, even if it's from another company. Also, what are the chances of getting a free upgrade or would it cost less to upgrade when I get there in person than over the Internet? Lastly, do most standard suv's come with leather seat or is it just the luck of the draw as I received a ford edge limited a couple of years ago at phx which came with leather seats and my ford touch among other features.
Originally Posted by jonnychoc
You are allowed to choose whatever car you want from the size you have reserved or either the EA or ES aisles. That location normally has a good selection of cars on the aisles so you have a better chance of getting something you may like..

As far as the SUVs go, it's totally random as to what is available and what they have on them when you get there...

Usually easy to upgrade at this location with one of the greeters if you have any status with Emerald Club.
I would add that you are only eligible to select from the EA or ES aisles if you have achieved the respective status level with National. If you have no status, you will need to choose from the reserve aisle within the category of the vehicle you booked.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by xylum
Everything per the other posters told you, and no, you cannot select a car from Alamo or Enterprise with a National reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.