Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by strickerj
That's strange since, to me, they didn't look to be any more special than Premier Selection (and in some cases less so - e.g., VIP had some BMW 5-series and a Challenger SRT, while PS had the Cayenne and Ghibli). Unless, maybe VIP is for cars that the client has requested specifically?
I could never figure out what vip was if anyone can elaborate further
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:59 am

I have an upcoming reservation for the 2nd of September. Coming from Europe I just realized that this will be a long weekend in the US. I planned to pick up the car at 5pm. Will this be a super busy day and time at the car rental? Maybe we should pick it up a bit earlier?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Michael MM
I have an upcoming reservation for the 2nd of September. Coming from Europe I just realized that this will be a long weekend in the US. I planned to pick up the car at 5pm. Will this be a super busy day and time at the car rental?
Yes, they'll almost certainly sell out for the weekend. My guess will be that after the Friday morning flight arrivals, pickings will be very slim.
xienon and RoamingCar like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Rented from National @ SEA yesterday. Very bland selection of cars in both the EA and ES. No SUVs, trucks or vans - only sedans in both aisles. A bunch of Chevy Malibus with one Camry and one Altima on the ES. EA was all Malibus and Corollas.

I picked a Malibu with only 2k miles - and it had working SiriusXM.

Also of note, the line for the rental car shuttle was VERY long - had to wait about 15 minutes and through 2 full buses to make it to the front of the line. I miss the old days (10+ years ago) when SEA had rental cars in the garage at the terminal...
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:13 pm

National ES/EA with 6 Adults

Hi all
We are renting a car from SeaTac national on Aug 23 and then doing a road trip to San Jose. Will be returning the car on Sept 7th at San Jose airport. We reserved a standard car with the executive row choice.
My question is, we are 6 Adults + luggage what are options to guarantee a large SUV for the trip? Something like a navigator or a Escalade.

I read there is VIP section in SeaTac can we upgrade or get something from there?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, they'll almost certainly sell out for the weekend. My guess will be that after the Friday morning flight arrivals, pickings will be very slim.
What about on a Tuesday Aug 23 at 5pm?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:28 am

Car upgrade

Hi All

We have reservations with National on Aug 23th for a standard car from the Executive aisle. We are doing a road trip down to San Jose and will be returning the care Sept 7th any the San Jose international airport.

My question is, we are 6 Adults + luggage, what's are our options to guarantee a large SUV? Something like a Tahoe, navigator or Escalade

We have seen larger suvs in the VIP section of previously at SeaTac.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:32 pm

Great selection on Saturday 8/7 at 7PM.
Executive
- Camaro LT Coupe
- A5 Sportback in a nice blue color
- Bronco Sport/RAV4
- Challenger V6
- Frontier/Tacoma
- 300S V6/Maxima
- Altima/Camry

Last edited by Aaron Yim; Aug 8, 2022 at 9:59 pm
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:05 pm

Large SUV??

What are the options at seatac for a full size SUV with national?

We saw an aviator there last time

Last edited by RoamingCar; Aug 17, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by RoamingCar
what's are our options to guarantee a large SUV? Something like a Tahoe, navigator or Escalade
Book a large SUV instead of the standard car with aisle access. Or make a 2nd reservation in the large suv class for 2 hours later, and cancel it if you find a large SUV on the aisle.

With the aisle reservation If you stand around and ask for long enough they'll probably find you one, but no guarantees.

If you can't book a large suv for this one way, maybe book two cars?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:19 pm

Thanks, we switched our booking to full size SUV.

What do mean by
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
large SUV instead of the standard car with aisle access.
?

Is there a certain booking type for full size SUV that gives aisle access?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
When you book a fullsize SUV, you are guaranteed that vehicle.
Aisle reservation = lottery
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
When you book a fullsize SUV, you are guaranteed that vehicle.
Aisle reservation = lottery
Thanks yah we booked fullsize SUV to be safe.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:58 pm

Showed up on Fri afternoon with an executive aisle reservation, and saw a good selection of pickups, SUVs, sedans, and reasonably interesting cars.

Ended up finding in the corner an A4 S line quattro (261 hp) as a fun to drive but still practical ride for our family of 3. It's pretty nicely equipped, at the Premium Plus trim level. Only 3k miles on the odometer but the stop-start system seems to be broken (might be a recall issue) so it doesn't turn engine off at lights.

Probably the best aisle car I've gotten, above a base trim Q3 at ORD.

Last edited by mizzao; Sep 4, 2022 at 9:14 pm
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:17 am

Arrived around 8:30 pm on 8/27 to find a super selection in the executive aisle: a Palisade, few Atlas, couple Durangos, an Expedition, an Armada, RAV 4s, a 4 Runner, a Ram 1500...plus your typical sedans. Was gonna go with the Palisade but then saw this Q5 Quattro S-Line in the end and the rest was history.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.