Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Picked up around lunchtime on Sunday Feb 19 (President's day weekend)

The Executive aisle was full of cars including a great selection of SUVs. I've got a long rental little kids and lots of luggage, so I was looking for a larger SUV. Didn't pay too much attention to the other cars, but there were lots to choose from.

As I was choosing between the Santa Fes, Pathfinders and Traverses, the attendant walks over and says "Are you looking for something big? What do you want?" I reply "Yep, I'd a large SUV and would prefer a Ford Explorer if you have one." He disappears and brings back a Ford Explorer 4wd Limited with 800 miles on it. Couldn't be happier driving this around for the next few weeks. ^
Old May 2, 2017, 9:14 am

Anyone with an update?

I am curious if anyone has been to National at SEA recently and wouldn't mind to share some info about the cars they've got there momentarily.

My interest is in luxury, premium and sporty stuff...

Appreciate any news, thank you kindly
Old May 2, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
National in SEA doesn't have a lot of luxury cars. I can't even book it (on my corporate rate).
Old May 2, 2017, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
National in SEA doesn't have a lot of luxury cars. I can't even book it (on my corporate rate).
Thanks for answering flyerbjorn. I have booked the XTS category for July. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me which cars they have that fit this category more or less?
Old May 2, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by muricy1
Thanks for answering flyerbjorn. I have booked the XTS category for July. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me which cars they have that fit this category more or less?
I don't know the answer to which cars SEA has, as I usually want an SUV here.

Generally speaking, whenever I have a luxury booking with National, I tend to receive some kind of Cadillac. I then tell them I don't like Cadillacs and ask if I can have a BMW or Audi instead. More often than not, it works ^
Old May 3, 2017, 4:04 am

Generally speaking, whenever I have a luxury booking with National, I tend to receive some kind of Cadillac. I then tell them I don't like Cadillacs and ask if I can have a BMW or Audi instead. More often than not, it works ^
Since I am Swiss and Audis and BMW's are pretty common here, I could live well with a Caddy, would prefer a CTS over an XTS though. Maybe even try to go for a Mustang or Camaro coupe... You happen to know if they have those?

Thanks a lot for taking the time, btw!

Last edited by muricy1; May 3, 2017 at 4:04 am Reason: Forgot to say thanks
Old May 3, 2017, 7:49 am

We'll be looking for an SUV on Friday morning. Do you think we'd have a problem finding something a little larger in EA/ES with a third-row seat?

We'll have 5 adults with minimal luggage, and while we could probably squeeze into a small SUV, that third-row would be more comfortable.

TIA
Old May 3, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by AustinToffee
We'll be looking for an SUV on Friday morning. Do you think we'd have a problem finding something a little larger in EA/ES with a third-row seat?

We'll have 5 adults with minimal luggage, and while we could probably squeeze into a small SUV, that third-row would be more comfortable.

TIA

I would rather squish 5 adults in a 2 row suv than a three row unless you can get a Ford flex, explorer, nissan pathfinder or a Toyota highlander.

Not sure if national orders the nissan rogue with a third row but I wouldn't take it over a two row one.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:07 pm

Right. If it's not a full-size we'll go with the roomiest mid SUV we can find...or maybe the X3 if we get lucky.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:34 pm

TIA
Right. If it's not a full-size we'll go with the roomiest mid SUV we can find...or maybe the X3 if we get lucky.
Any reason you're looking at an SUV instead of a sedan? You'll typically find full size sedans and midsize SUVs on the aisle. Here's the rear shoulder room of some common vehicles you'll find:

Chrysler 300 57.7"
Impala 56.9"
Hyundai Sonata 56.5"
Nissan Altima 56.4"
BMW X3 56" (not common, but I included it since you mentioned it)
Hyundai Tucson 55.5"
Jeep Cherokee 55.1"

Do you see a pattern here? The sedans on the aisle actually have more rear shoulder room than SUVs do. Assuming not everyone in your party is over 6'3", a sedan would be more comfortable. Now of course if you find a Santa Fe, Explorer or Pathfinder then I would jump on it!
Old May 3, 2017, 1:47 pm

Interesting. That's good info. Thanks!
Old May 3, 2017, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The night of May 2 was a festival of SUVs and minivans - nary a car in sight.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: National Exec Elite, AA ConciergeKey (Former US Chairmans...), Lufthansa HON Circle, JAL JGC Diamond
Lightbulb SEA NATL

I usually just lurk on these national forums, but felt compelled to create and account and ask a question:

I have noticed quite a variance in aisle availability/stocking depending on station and time of day. Some stations do well at night with availability and selection, and others do horrible. At the beginning of my switchover to National I chalked it up to flight banks and airport congestion. For instance, I figured that NYC would see an influx of rentals at the early AM due to redeyes arriving, and a different window for west coast. But I have unfortunately been discovering that in reality there is not a method to depletion, or an optimal window to arrive, with the exceptions of MCO and CLT...

That being said, has anybody noticed midnight availability and selection at SEA? I haven't had to arrive at midnight in SEA before, and I am seeing a lot of vans and SUVs posted as being in the aisle most recently... I hate them both! What should I expect to see on the aisle on a Thursday night past 1130pm? I am staying hopeful for a good selection since the app is showing the SSAR for cheap, and the Ghibli available to confirm.

I always grab an SSAR or prem.

Also, how friendly are they to requests to check the storage lots and how frequently have you been able to get requests fulfilled?

On a side note, in CLT last week I was offered Audi/BMW/Infiniti SUVs as EE, as well as Range Evoque and some other prems for free... went with Challenger R/T with 5 miles on it. Haven't seen any RTs until recently, and didn't think national would get them. Same with MLB last month, was offered a new 17 Camaro SS convertible all black at no fee (used to be prem). Is anyone else Exec/EE experiencing these awesome comps lately? Is national REALLY REALLY trying to make us happy or something?
Old May 16, 2017, 9:53 pm

SEA selection is heavily influenced by business travellers. There is a good selection on Sun night and Monday morning. Then most of the nice cars go out for the week and return Thu and Fri. SEA is very heavy on SUVs. It rains (well, drissles) a lot of the time. Not a good place to go on a road trip.

The staff at SEA is very nice. Last time, they asked me if I was EA or EE. When I said EE, they asked me what I wanted and got a car from a different lot.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:16 am

SEA fleet

SEA selection is heavily influenced by business travellers. There is a good selection on Sun night and Monday morning. Then most of the nice cars go out for the week and return Thu and Fri. SEA is very heavy on SUVs. It rains (well, drissles) a lot of the time. Not a good place to go on a road trip.

The staff at SEA is very nice. Last time, they asked me if I was EA or EE. When I said EE, they asked me what I wanted and got a car from a different lot.
Hey

My (our) trip is going to start at SEA and ending in PHO, passing SF, LA, LV and SD... 5 weeks. Even though your statement made my hopes dwindle a bit, still hope to get a fun car (xts res) for the trip.

Would hugely appreciate if someone could post some lot selection lists, especially about cars (not SUV's).

I will make sure to pay back the community with info about my pickup and trip, since until now I just posted questions.

Cheers and safe trips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.