Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:59 am

Flew into SEA on Thursday afternoon and was extremely disappointed by this National location

I'm Exec, but the ES aisle was perhaps 10-20% filled. A couple of pickup trucks, a couple of compact SUVs (Rogue, Rav4, Santa Fe), and a few small sedans on the same lines as the SUVs. The Emerald aisles were apparently "closed", whatever that means, and EA customers were being redirected to the ES aisle for a "free upgrade".

The one upside was that the greeter was very friendly. I asked her if they had any larger SUVs, as I'd be traveling with a group (w/ luggage) for the weekend. She called for a standard SUV (e.g., Explorer), but said everything was reserved for the weekend. Naturally, there were a handful of Premier and VIP cars available, and after eyeing a VW Atlas, the greeter offered it for $20/day upgrade, which I took
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Anyone been by SEA lately? Picking up on a Saturday night
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Picked up tonight around 10PM pick your color Dodge Caravan or Hyundai Tuscon. With a few Toyota Rav 4s and Ford Edges. Also on ES a 45,000 mile Ford Explorer. Complained about the selection of no cars. Was offered a V6 Challenger 7,000 miles I accepted.

Also no emerald aisle tonight everyone told just to choose from es
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Just finished a rental at SEA. Lots of options on both EA and ES, but mostly of the full-size sedan and small SUV variety. I actually needed a minivan for the trip, so I talked to the staff (nicely), and they let me pick one of the four Grand Caravans (I picked the GT trim). They also had a Maxima SL and a Fusion Titanium Hybrid.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, United 1K, Avis Preferred Plus
Any recent updates? I'm traveling into SEA in a few weeks. I'm hoping to snag a large SUV or Minivan. I have both EA & EE aisles. Thanks
Old May 6, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
Originally Posted by loganbrown
Any recent updates? I'm traveling into SEA in a few weeks. I'm hoping to snag a large SUV or Minivan. I have both EA & EE aisles. Thanks
On EA there was mostly mid/ full size sedans, and a few mini vans, On Executive it was a mix of mini vans, small SUV's (Highlander, Rav4) a ton of altima's, and a lone Atlas. I've never seen a large SUV on the aisles, especially with summer around the corner i'd recommend just booking what you want.
loganbrown likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Rental_Guy
On EA there was mostly mid/ full size sedans, and a few mini vans, On Executive it was a mix of mini vans, small SUV's (Highlander, Rav4) a ton of altima's, and a lone Atlas. I've never seen a large SUV on the aisles, especially with summer around the corner i'd recommend just booking what you want.
Atlas and Highlander are pretty big SUV's in my opinion but if you are looking for a escalade,yukon or suburban you better reserve that class.

Staff at SEA is friendly so you can always ask for what you want. I snatched a new Ford explorer limited when I was on holiday.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:58 am

5/22 11pm

PS:
Lincoln Continental

ES:
VW Beetle Convertible

EA:
Nissan Altima
Infiniti Q50

Both aisles were pretty much cleaned out. There were a couple other sedans but nothing bigger than a 4-door. I waited at the booth while the attendant was bringing around an Escalade to the guy before me. When she was done, I asked her if there was anything available that my wife and 2 small kids wouldn't have to squeeze into with our stroller and luggage. She asked me what I needed, and I just said a standard size SUV. She offered me the Continental, and while I'm sure we could have fit in a sedan if we had to, I asked if she had something bigger. As she was about to leave to go get something, a Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD pulled up, and as it was late and my kids were tired, I just took it.

On our way out, they had replenished the aisle somewhat. I saw a Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Offroad, Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Grand Caravan, Nissan Rogue SV, and a few other sedans. Overall, the staff was accommodating, and the CX-5 was brand new and worked perfectly fine for us.

Last edited by bullsfan1227; May 28, 2019 at 10:48 am
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:21 am

Picked up on a Friday around 12pm and the Exec Aisle was slim. One or two compact SUVs and only a few sedans. There were quite a few large SUVs parked in "the back." I reserved a 7 seater SUV and was given a Dodge Durango. I wanted the VW Atlas but it was blocked by another car and I didn't want to make the guy move cars around.

Returned the car on Sunday around 3pm and the Exec Aisle was just as sparse, if not more, than when I picked up.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, United 1K, Avis Preferred Plus
EA was SLIM! A lone frontier truck and an Elantra. However, EE was nice. I went with a Chrysler Pacifica, 40 miles on odometer. Score.

Executive Aisle

Altima - 2

Altima SE - 1

Altima SL - 5

Rav4 - 1

Jeep Cherokee - 2

Mitsubishi Outlander - 1

Mazda6 - 1

Chrysler Pacifica - 1

Subaru Legacy - 1

Chevy Malibu - 1

Kia Optima FE - 1

Grand Caravan GT - 3

Grand Caravan SXT - 4

Camry - 1

4 door Chevy Silverado - 1

Ford F-150 - 1

Hyundai Tuscon - 1

Fusion SEL - 1

Emerald Aisle

4 Door Nissan Frontier Pickup

Hyundai Elantra

Premier Selection

Audi A6

BMW X3

Infiniti QX80
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I picked up on Monday night June 3. There were NO cars in the aisles. Customers stood in a line and got whatever car arrived. I got an Acadia.

This was apparently due to a staff shortage, related to a month long event that ended on June 4.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:32 am

After searching this thread, I assume there is no issue with driving a SEA car up into Canada and then back down into US? (Renting and returning at SEA, no exchange/one-way into canada)

Booking for 7 days to hit up Banff. Lot of options I see on the website up to Luxury SUV level (will probably book this, hoping for the new Navigator...which is worlds ahead of the Escalade/QX80 in the Luxury SUV category, not sure if anyone has seen the new Navigator in SEA).

Tried to book a Luxury Elite, Maserati Ghibli or similar, but says not available for free day redemption! Darn.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by ginmqi
After searching this thread, I assume there is no issue with driving a SEA car up into Canada and then back down into US? (Renting and returning at SEA, no exchange/one-way into canada)

Booking for 7 days to hit up Banff. Lot of options I see on the website up to Luxury SUV level (will probably book this, hoping for the new Navigator...which is worlds ahead of the Escalade/QX80 in the Luxury SUV category, not sure if anyone has seen the new Navigator in SEA).

Tried to book a Luxury Elite, Maserati Ghibli or similar, but says not available for free day redemption! Darn.
A buddy of mine rented at SEA (although not at National) and took the car up to Vancouver. He had no issues.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
A buddy of mine rented at SEA (although not at National) and took the car up to Vancouver. He had no issues.
Awesome, thanks!!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
2019-06-29
The lot was very empty, being the weekend before independence day holidays, everything was in the exec aisle
Nissan Altima (base) x3 <- took one of these
Subaru Legacy
Mitsibushi Outlander
Hyundai Sonata
Dodge Charger

https://imgur.com/a/MnC3oKT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.