Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:10 pm

12/23 0730 - Full aisles as mentioned above. ES and EA were similar, sea of Hyundais and Nissans, a few typical spec Toyotas (including a couple Tacomas and an apparent zero option 2WD Tundra with something like 500 miles on it), a few Challengers and Mustangs, a few basic big trucks and also noticed an apparent zero option new style Frontier. Premium/upgrade were a few A5 and 740i, Grand Cherokee, A250, and a higher spec Camry parked there for some reason.

I did notice at least a couple cars that were likely bought on the used car market - the 2020 F150 next to the Jeep had leather and side window vent deflectors, both probably seldom seen on a normal rental. There was also a Passat with a Roger Jobs sticker on it - the VW dealer in Bellingham.

I had a luxury reservation, was offered a choice of 2 Chrysler 300s - not a bad car per se, but I wanted to try something different. Was offered the GC for $45/day, I balked - hoped for more with EE status. I ended up taking the Gladiator, as snow and ice are in the forecast - 1700 miles on it, maybe the most interesting thing there..

Last edited by ww88ww; Dec 23, 2021 at 5:22 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:39 pm

Fun follow up to the Gladiator - which turned out to be a good choice in the eventual snow. It performed without missing a beat on some treacherous roads. I found this in the glovebox - I hope National didn't actually pay that ADM:

Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:16 am

They probably did. Dealer markups are mental at the minute.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:50 am

Was returning a one-way to SeaTac Feb 11 at 6am and only had time to glimpse for notable cars in the aisle on my way up to the shuttles.

ES:
- 1x Cadillac XT5
- 1x Ford Expedition Max
- Smattering of pickups and unremarkable sedans

Last edited by deal; Feb 13, 2022 at 9:19 pm
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:17 pm

How's the selection for 7 seaters for EA? Are there frequent sightings of minivans?
Old May 28, 2022, 2:41 pm

Quick question: I will be ubering from Seattle Downtown to the airport to get my rental car. Can I go directly to the SeaTac Rental Car Facility or do I need to "check in" somewhere at the arrival at the airport and then take the shuttle?

Last edited by Michael MM; May 28, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Old May 28, 2022, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Michael MM
Quick question: I will be ubering from Seattle Downtown to the airport to get my rental car. Can I go directly to the SeaTac Rental Car Facility or do I need to "check in" somewhere at the arrival at the airport and then take the shuttle?
You can go directly to the facility, there is a visitor parking area where the driver can drop you off
Old May 29, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Forgot to post yesterday, but I was here yesterday morning around 10:30, and ES had mostly Malibus and Kia Optima/K5s, plus a couple Chargers, Rav4s, and two 4Runners (I took one of these). Upgrade area had an Acura TLX marked for $50 a day, and a Porsche Cayenne and Maserati Ghibli without hang tags. (I didn't dare ask.) I didn't check Emerald since we wanted a van or SUV, and I figured there wouldn't be any there. Also forgot to take pictures, sorry.
xienon, Ordpc and Michael MM like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I picked up Friday afternoon, May 27 and there was a better than normal Executive selection. In addition to the usual Altimas and Malibus and base Camrys, there was a Caddy CT4, a Ford Explorer, Toyota 4Runner, several Chargers/Challengers, and a Camaro. I was going to take the CT4, but it wouldn't sync with my iPhone. Wound up taking a Fusion Hybrid. This was a mistake, as the steering sucked, but no one but myself to blame for the choice
xienon, strickerj, deal and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:51 pm

Sun Jun 5, ~2pm:

VIP section had:
- 1x Cadillac XT4
- 1x Lincoln Nautilus
- 1x Audi A5

Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by deal
Sun Jun 5, ~2pm:

VIP section had:
- 1x Cadillac XT4
- 1x Lincoln Nautilus
- 1x Audi A5
I noticed the VIP section last week and didn't recall seeing it before - is this new? What's it for? (Are these preassigned or can anyone buy up, same as the Premier Selection?)
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I've seen the VIP section at SEA before. It is for VIP members and cars usually have renter's name in the vehicle.
Emerald Club VIP Status
strickerj, deal and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by strickerj
I noticed the VIP section last week and didn't recall seeing it before - is this new? What's it for? (Are these preassigned or can anyone buy up, same as the Premier Selection?)
My understanding was that it was more guarded than the Premier Selection and reserved for c-suite type folks. This never made too much sense to me as most c-suites at medium/large corps just employ a driver service and the vehicle selection isn't groundbreaking, so I suspect National does hand these out to mere high-spend/high-loyalty customers. I could also imagine this just serving as the reserved section for luxury rentals. There's a sign by the SeaTac VIP section that says "see agent for keys"; maybe next trip I'll ask.
strickerj and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:27 pm

Sun Jun 5, ~7pm:

strickerj and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by deal
My understanding was that it was more guarded than the Premier Selection and reserved for c-suite type folks. This never made too much sense to me as most c-suites at medium/large corps just employ a driver service and the vehicle selection isn't groundbreaking, so I suspect National does hand these out to mere high-spend/high-loyalty customers. I could also imagine this just serving as the reserved section for luxury rentals. There's a sign by the SeaTac VIP section that says "see agent for keys"; maybe next trip I'll ask.
That's strange since, to me, they didn't look to be any more special than Premier Selection (and in some cases less so - e.g., VIP had some BMW 5-series and a Challenger SRT, while PS had the Cayenne and Ghibli). Unless, maybe VIP is for cars that the client has requested specifically?
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.