Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:30 pm

Those were the same cars you mentioned a few days ago there, except maybe the HHR. The Avenger from IL, the Traverse from FL, and where was the HHR from?

I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't self-identified as a one-way to the US renter. Maybe you might have snuck by with a Canadian minivan. Or they could have caught it at the gate and wasted time with a switch.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
HHR was from MI. I had been hoping for one of the new KIA Souls they just got, as the hatch meant luggage space, they have Sirius, and do decently on fuel. But since the aisle only had sedans which would've been a pain to load I figured I had nothing to lose by identifying myself. The exit agent did ask if I had taken a US car when he saw my drop location.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:02 am

He had to ask if you took a US car? Couldn't he tell by the license plate and inventory serial number? @:-)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:56 am

Last night at YYZ EA isle was full of Impalas and Malibus a few Avengers and a few Caravans. I end up getting a 300 Touring from the exectuve isle.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:09 pm

YYZ This evening.
ES:Suzuki Grand Vitara, Charger, Taurus SEL, Impalas, Malibus and Base model 300.
EA: Impalas, Malibus and Avengers.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
ES in Terminal 3 the other day was pretty slim. Ended up taking the Hyundai Accent. Did a swap at T1 a few days later for Maxima. Nice looking car and more fun than Hyundai, but so many features of Nissan's that I really dislike.

Had an early AM flight and had less than 1 gallon of fuel used. Didn't fill, but was charged $39 CAD. This is what you call crap when you aren't there to dispute the fuel charge.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles, AAdvantage, SPG, Hilton HHonours, FPC
I don't know if it's a Friday thing or maybe it is systemic at YYZ. The Executive Aisle selection in T3 is generally poor compared to T1. Now I know that T1 has more spots and is busier I would assume but overall the quality of the selection at T1 is better. The last 3 of 4 times, I went over to T1 and this last Friday, I thought I will check T3 to get a data point - sure enough T3 had impalas, malibus, and some Mitsuibishi Outlanders - thankfully there was a Maxima for me to grab. I will probably head back to using T1 (adds about 10 minutes to my total trip time since fly into T3).
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:11 am

Got to T1 thursday early morning and there were no cars, only 2 impalas and 2 malibus and 1 suburban in the whole lot. I was forced to get one of the impalas with only 300km. I have to say the new engine and tranny helps but I still can't stand it.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles, AAdvantage, SPG, Hilton HHonours, FPC
Thursday April 5th at T1, the Executive aisle was full: Maxima, Altima, 300, SUV's, Mazda CX7, and then 2 gems which I never saw at YYZ before - Ford F150 Trucks - I grabbed one of those for the family hockey games - what a great transportation option ^.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by jaysue
Thursday April 5th at T1, the Executive aisle was full: Maxima, Altima, 300, SUV's, Mazda CX7, and then 2 gems which I never saw at YYZ before - Ford F150 Trucks - I grabbed one of those for the family hockey games - what a great transportation option ^.
crew cabs?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Just booked some free days out of YYZ over Memorial Day weekend. I'm executive elite, so I went with a convertible. Normal rate was $800!

I'm curious what people have seen at YYZ for convertibles...if all they have are Sebrings, maybe I should pick "Luxury" instead?

I just got EE at the end of last year so this will be the first time I try using the "reserve any car" reward privilege.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Last year I only recall seeing Mustangs, some GTs even! Can't remember if they had any Sebrings but last year was also the transition between Sebring and 200 so they may not have been available. I've seen Sebrings in the past; had one for a week in '08.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Last year I only recall seeing Mustangs, some GTs even! Can't remember if they had any Sebrings but last year was also the transition between Sebring and 200 so they may not have been available. I've seen Sebrings in the past; had one for a week in '08.
I hear Kia is redesigning the Rondo in the near future! Hint hint, Tuneman.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:45 pm

ECO Boost or I assume they were crew cab XLTs with the 5.0
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by clem151
Just booked some free days out of YYZ over Memorial Day weekend. I'm executive elite, so I went with a convertible. Normal rate was $800!

I'm curious what people have seen at YYZ for convertibles...if all they have are Sebrings, maybe I should pick "Luxury" instead?

I just got EE at the end of last year so this will be the first time I try using the "reserve any car" reward privilege.
The convertibles will likely be Mustangs and they will be in the Alamo section of the rentals; and yes, you might get lucky and get a 5.0 GT. I was told though they have limiters installed on them

I suggest picking a luxury, they have 3 series, Genesis, Lincoln MK-S available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.