PS
Mustang GT Convertible
Evoque
F-Pace
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Virgin, National
YYZ and National Emerald Isle

Good afternoon from the UK,

We are flying into YYZ from Scotland, UK, in mid/late July 2018. We land at around 3.00 pm in Canada at YYZ, and we are flying on Air Transat.

I know there are 2 sites we can use, Terminal 1 and 3.

Have been to Canada a fair few times, and know all about the traffic issues getting out of the airport.

My question never having used National before, is what is available typically in the Emerald Isle.

We have booked for Emerald Isle (midsize paid for and setup Emerald Isle membership) but with a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 adult kids (14 and 20), we will need typically an SUV.

We have rented Ford Flex last 2 years and loved them to bits, so anything similar is great.

What typically do they have.

We have always rented and paid for what we need, so on the face of it, this is a great saving, but it needs to work. Getting 4 suitcase and 4 carry on bags in a saloon isn't going to happen, and don't want to get stiffed for huge upgrade costs at the airport.

Any help given would be amazing.

Not fussed on premium or otherwise (have a BMW X5 at home, along with a Skoda Superb estate (think, larger than Audi A6 wagon)) so what is most important is space.

Does anything in EI have navigation in it and enabled without having to pay a premium for it as well?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Andrew
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Originally Posted by Chapatwork

We are flying into YYZ from Scotland, UK, in mid/late July 2018. We land at around 3.00 pm in Canada at YYZ, and we are flying on Air Transat.

Have been to Canada a fair few times, and know all about the traffic issues getting out of the airport.

My question never having used National before, is what is available typically in the Emerald Isle.

We have booked for Emerald Isle (midsize paid for and setup Emerald Isle membership) but with a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 adult kids (14 and 20), we will need typically an SUV.

We have rented Ford Flex last 2 years and loved them to bits, so anything similar is great.

We have always rented and paid for what we need, so on the face of it, this is a great saving, but it needs to work. Getting 4 suitcase and 4 carry on bags in a saloon isn't going to happen, and don't want to get stiffed for huge upgrade costs at the airport.

Not fussed on premium or otherwise (have a BMW X5 at home, along with a Skoda Superb estate (think, larger than Audi A6 wagon)) so what is most important is space.

Does anything in EI have navigation in it and enabled without having to pay a premium for it as well?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew,
Arrive at Terminal 3, exit the secure area, and cross the road into the large parking garage.
Tell the lot agent at National that you have an emerald club reservation. There will be plenty of 7 passenger vehicles available. Flex/Durago/Explorer.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Andrew
Last week they had few Dodge Caravan at EL. One of them had built in Nav.

Today I got fully loaded Ford flex from EL with Built in Nav.

You can ask them to find you a vehicle with built in Nav.

I rent mine from T1.

Depending on the time of day variety can vary. I'm sure you know that :-)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by rtch92
can anyone tell me if line lock is off these cars? i can imagine the burnouts one can do

​​​​​​These were parked today as well. Soft and hard top. I asked how much it will be for a Emerald member to upgrade . Tag on them said $50 but the guy said he'll let me have it for $45.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
June 2. YYZ just got in another truck load of Mustang GT premium convertibles. The latest batch have the blackout package and 19" wheels. The one I rented had only 7km on the odometer. Also spotted a GT hardtop with 20" wheels.

May 31. T1 ES had two Chrysler 300S with only 7km and one Chevy Impala Premier V6 with 51km brand new. Lots of other SUVs and cars.

Just a heads up to anyone renting in the summer remember that last year it was busy and there were a few times people were waiting for vehicles to be brought up on long weekends. Hopefully that won't happen again. But if you need a specific vehicle type on a summer long weekend your best bet is to reserve it.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
June 8 - ES
Lots of Chrysler 300S
Chevy Impala premier
Various SUVs
Volkswagen Tiguan

Over at Hertz they're preparing for the rollout of ultimate choice. All of the parking spot signs with your name and spot number have been taken down and the numbers are now written on the pavement. Speaking with staff there they're hoping to be setup by the end of the month.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
June 8 - ES
Lots of Chrysler 300S
Chevy Impala premier
Various SUVs
Volkswagen Tiguan

Over at Hertz they're preparing for the rollout of ultimate choice. All of the parking spot signs with your name and spot number have been taken down and the numbers are now written on the pavement. Speaking with staff there they're hoping to be setup by the end of the month.
I was surprised at how many 300s they had today. I saw 4 300S in a row and they were bringing out another one as I was leaving.

PS had a Mustang blackout package and an Evoque.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:35 am

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Andrew
Take your phone (iPhone or Android) and a cable. Most of National’s fleet have car play / Android play. For the sake of £3-£5 a day global roaming, it makes life easier than using the inbuilt mag IMO.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:03 pm

ES
- Outlander
- Impala
- Edge

PS
- 2 Mustang GT convertibles in orange and yellow
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:53 pm

Today was a mess at YYZ T3.

Zero cars when I got there. First one First served. Sadly I ended up in a Hyundai Santa Fe.

Staff said I could wait until I got what I wanted, but had places to be unfortunately.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by thedeeg
Today was a mess at YYZ T3.

Zero cars when I got there. First one First served. Sadly I ended up in a Hyundai Santa Fe.

Staff said I could wait until I got what I wanted, but had places to be unfortunately.
No priority for Elite/Executive Elite over non-members?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
No priority for Elite/Executive Elite over non-members?
Honestly, I wasn’t paying much attention. But not that I saw.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:23 pm

I also had bad experience with staff at terminal 1. I've been to yyz t1 a few times this month and in my experience the African ladies who work the isles in the morning shift are the WORST. Afternoon staff is complete opposite .

They could give flying F if you are exec elite, I was only asking very simple questions , to which they were reacting as if I'm a dumbass to even ask. I wish National has a way to rate ground staff as much as it does for phone staff (they are amazing)
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
What does the Emerald Club have these days at National?

I need to get a month rental up to $3000 (I'm not paying for it).

Looking to pick up a nice set of wheels.

Prices I've seen:
Enterprise Neighborhood - Luxury Class - $1200 for a month
Enterprise Neighborhood Branch - Full Size Elite - $1600 a month.
Hertz YYZ - Luxury Class - $2900 a month.

I know you usually get a Cadillac for Enterprise Luxury Class (usually entry level trim). Not sure what you get with Enterprise Full Size Elite. Planning on giving them a ring tomorrow to ask.

Emerald Aisle is $1099 to get access to pick a car for a month rental. But if they have boring car selection like they did in the winter, kind of a waste of time.

Last edited by manohman; Jun 28, 2018 at 5:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.