Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by taurus25
So what they have in Exécutive, any idea? and do they charge extra to pick the car from executive aisle ?
Exec tends to be full size vehicles. Sometimes you get SUVs of all sizes, sometimes you get sports cars. Often times, you can find a premium car like a Maxima or 300C. It really depends on time of day and location.

No extra charge from choosing a vehicle form the Emerald Aisle or Exec Aisle. You will only pay mid-size pricing too, even if you book full-size.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Exec tends to be full size vehicles. Sometimes you get SUVs of all sizes, sometimes you get sports cars. Often times, you can find a premium car like a Maxima or 300C. It really depends on time of day and location.

No extra charge from choosing a vehicle form the Emerald Aisle or Exec Aisle. You will only pay mid-size pricing too, even if you book full-size.
thanku .. Will give them a try in couple of weeks as cost of booking from other shops is same as national..
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
What does Emerald Club Executive membership get me at YYZ and the Emerald Aisle? I will qualify by end of year.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by manohman
Do they ever have Cadillacs on the aisle?
Over the past 5 years I've only seen a Cadillac in the isle once. It was about a month or two ago and it was an XTS with USA plates on it. Perhaps parked there by mistake. Seems like a couple Volvo wagons might still be left - a week ago there was one in the isle at T3. With YYZ now taking luxury and full size elite reservations I imagine they need to have more luxury cars in the fleet now.

Two weeks ago I spotted a somewhat rare Ford Edge Sport (twin turbo 2.7L V6) with Newfoundland plates in the isle with about 28K.

Nov 16 T1 - There were two brand new Maxima SV in the isle. Week before I picked up a brand new 2018 300S (no longer has Beats audio). Has anyone seen any new Impala Premier lately? I have a feeling those aren't being replaced as any I've seen lately have >25K on them.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
11/23 6pm - T1 ES

2018 GMC Acadia SLT with only 29 kms
2018 Cadillac XT5 (two of them brand new in Premier selection)
2017 Dodge Charger
2017 Ford Taurus Limited
2017 Chevy Impala Premier V6
2018 Sonata
+ Lots of SUVs
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
11/23 6pm - T1 ES

2018 GMC Acadia SLT with only 29 kms
2018 Cadillac XT5 (two of them brand new in Premier selection)
2017 Dodge Charger
2017 Ford Taurus Limited
2017 Chevy Impala Premier V6
2018 Sonata
+ Lots of SUVs
That XT5 would have been great!!!! Wonder how much the upgrade would have been,
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:38 am

Any idea how to get a car with winter tires at YYZ or Wellington Street?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:51 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Look for one with Quebec plates, as it's mandatory that those have snow tires.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Update on YYZ:
  • There are a couple of Mini Clubman kicking around the airport in Toronto (~3-5 of them I think)
  • The premier selection ($ upgrade only, only hit the ES if they are very short on cars): MB C300, BMW X1, Cadillac XT5, and Infinity QX60
  • This is winter fleet time, so dont expect anything of note on the ES/EE until late spring, with the exception of some new:
    • Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara/Rubicon
    • Dodge Durango RT
    • Buick Regal
    • GM Tahoe/Suburban (Sunday nights to Tuesdays when they are short on cars)
    • Ford Expedition Limited/Platinum (Sunday nights to Tuesdays when they are short on cars)
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Look for one with Quebec plates, as it's mandatory that those have snow tires.
Not 100% guaranteed; the vehicle could have been dropped there before the start date of QC's winter tire law.....
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:43 pm

Saturday December 16 2017:
- Various SUVs and a couple Jeep Rubicons.
- GM Tahoe/Suburban (tucked away on the Enterprise side)
- Ford Fusion SE
- Dodge Charger SXT
- Infinity QX60 ($ upgrade)
- Hyundai Sonata
- Nissan Sentra
- Various basic economy/compact cars not worth mentioning unless you like fuel economy (spill over from Enterprise likely)
- Chevy Impala Premier V6

My next rental will be December 23rd. Let's see how crazy it will be!

Also note they have 4 Volvos in a fleet of over 1000. A couple went back.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I've taken a Cadillac on the aisle in YVR but never seen one in YYZ.

Pretty cool they have the XT5 now, would love to test one out.

I personally am not a fan of Infinity or Cadillac, and have avoided rented them as they don't feel quality to me compared to their German/Swedish counterparts but I haven't driven any of the new 2018's. Will give them a fair shot this year if I get the chance!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I've taken a Cadillac on the aisle in YVR but never seen one in YYZ.

Pretty cool they have the XT5 now, would love to test one out.

I personally am not a fan of Infinity or Cadillac, and have avoided rented them as they don't feel quality to me compared to their German/Swedish counterparts but I haven't driven any of the new 2018's. Will give them a fair shot this year if I get the chance!
I currently am renting a 2018 XT5 Luxury Trim from YYZ T1. It was $30 a day upgrade on the base $50 price. Decided to treat myself as it's close to Christmas.

It's not fully loaded unfortunately. No adaptive cruise control, bending headlights or auto-dimming high beams, surround vision or lane departure warning. The Bose surround sound system is amazing though! Not a fan of the headrest, not comfortable at all. It has a very weird layout in ways, the port for a car charger is located underneath the central console, sort of inconvenient although it is out of the way. Very smooth ride.

According to information system, someone got it down to 6.8 litres/100km.

Would I buy it or rent it again? Probably not. Not worth the $30 extra for rental imo due to it not being fully loaded.

I still think the 4 Volvo V60s they have in the fleet of 2000 cars is the best option for fully packed features.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:14 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by manohman
I still think the 4 Volvo V60s they have in the fleet of 2000 cars is the best option for fully packed features.
Agreed. I picked one off the Aisle a few weeks ago—rather nice! I do covet trying the S90s they have over at Hertz though.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by briantoronto
Agreed. I picked one off the Aisle a few weeks ago—rather nice! I do covet trying the S90s they have over at Hertz though.
Whoah, details?

Hertz at Pearson?

Price?

What are the chances they'd reserve one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.