Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 11:23 am

nope, just the normal Yukon's. they must have been really short on vehicles.

Originally Posted by matrixca7
Was it a Yukon XL?
Old May 17, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
May 14:
- Lots of Loaded Flex
- Durangos (mostly base) - all the R/T's have vanished
- Wrangler
- Maxima
- T&C
- RAM 1500
Old May 17, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by tkyoshi
May 14:
- Lots of Loaded Flex
- Durangos (mostly base) - all the R/T's have vanished
- Wrangler
- Maxima
- T&C
- RAM 1500
That's because I took the last one on the lot for the weekend. haha.

Was at T1 on Monday evening. They had a mini fleet of Mustangs on the lot: two GT hardtops, two GT convertibles, and even a Challenger but I believe the V6 model as I didn't see any R/T decals.

Of note:
- Yukons (2)
- Ram 1500 (1 Quad, 1 extended)
- 300S
Old May 17, 2016, 11:57 am

no R/T's this year, we only got lucky with the Durango.

was the Yukons in the aisle? looking to eventually snag one - really wanna see how they are.

Originally Posted by akhillese
That's because I took the last one on the lot for the weekend. haha.

Was at T1 on Monday evening. They had a mini fleet of Mustangs on the lot: two GT hardtops, two GT convertibles, and even a Challenger but I believe the V6 model as I didn't see any R/T decals.

Of note:
- Yukons (2)
- Ram 1500 (1 Quad, 1 extended)
- 300S
Old May 17, 2016, 11:59 am

Question re: after hours pickup for either National, Alamo, or Enterprise @ YYZ

We're on UA8326 arriving @ 1:38AM on Sunday morning. National closes @ 1am, Alamo closes @ 1:30am, and Enterprise @ 12am. I just spoke with a CSR @ Alamo and she said that for YYZ, since we'll be in Terminal 1, we can bypass the closed counter, choose a car, and exit via an automated kiosk on the lot.

Has anyone used the after hours rental service for either of these 3 brands at YYZ? Easy and simple to use?

Any help would be appreciated
Old May 17, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by stupenal

We're on UA8326 arriving @ 1:38AM on Sunday morning. National closes @ 1am, Alamo closes @ 1:30am, and Enterprise @ 12am. I just spoke with a CSR @ Alamo and she said that for YYZ, since we'll be in Terminal 1, we can bypass the closed counter, choose a car, and exit via an automated kiosk on the lot.

Has anyone used the after hours rental service for either of these 3 brands at YYZ? Easy and simple to use?

I don't know about automated kiosk , but last year I arrived around 12:45 am in YYZ T1 to get a car from National. There was only one agent who was closing up and there were not much of a choice on the aisle. When I asked her if she can offer me a better car on PCAR reservation she said National will close in 10 minutes and after that she can't help me anymore so I took a car from the aisle and she checked me out.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rtch92
no R/T's this year, we only got lucky with the Durango.

was the Yukons in the aisle? looking to eventually snag one - really wanna see how they are.
They had two Yukons in the aisle. Good selection of vehicles. However, I tried to lob in a reservation on mobile and I couldn't reserve anything on the Monday; all booked out online.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:23 pm

I got a brand new 2017 Ford Fusion last weekend, with lots of Ford Flexes in the Executive Aisle. Interesting note about the 2017 Fusion, it comes with Android Auto pre-loaded.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by stupenal

I'll second a similar comment, I've never seen an automated kiosk, but then again I haven't checked out of Alamo. Get through to an Agent/Manager at the specific location as National CSR's have to me time and time again shown they don't know much in the way of specifics about individual locations.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:44 am

how loaded was the 2017 Fusion? SE with the touchscreen?

Originally Posted by evanderm
I got a brand new 2017 Ford Fusion last weekend, with lots of Ford Flexes in the Executive Aisle. Interesting note about the 2017 Fusion, it comes with Android Auto pre-loaded.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:31 am

how loaded was the 2017 Fusion? SE with the touchscreen?
I want to say Titanium, but I'm not sure. The Ford mini-site for the 2017 Fusion doesn't list the SE edition for Canada: http://www.ford.ca/fusionreveal/. I can't recall the car having ventilated (A/C) seats, only heated seats; if that helps. I've since driven a 2016 Taurus and a 2016 Flex, both with new Ontario licence plates (starting with BZ), so my memory is a bit blurred.

Last edited by evanderm; May 20, 2016 at 10:42 am
Old May 21, 2016, 11:29 pm

i can confirm that the 2017 fusion was a titanium. picked one up tonight.

Originally Posted by evanderm
I want to say Titanium, but I'm not sure. The Ford mini-site for the 2017 Fusion doesn't list the SE edition for Canada: http://www.ford.ca/fusionreveal/. I can't recall the car having ventilated (A/C) seats, only heated seats; if that helps. I've since driven a 2016 Taurus and a 2016 Flex, both with new Ontario licence plates (starting with BZ), so my memory is a bit blurred.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:32 pm

FYI everyone, apparently YYZ is cracking down on vehicle swaps. It may include up to and including being put on the DNR list.

i don't see it as fair, so anyone should fight it. but it is starting to happen according to the guy working the aisle.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: National EE
FYI everyone, apparently YYZ is cracking down on vehicle swaps. It may include up to and including being put on the DNR list.

i don't see it as fair, so anyone should fight it. but it is starting to happen according to the guy working the aisle.
I've been renting from National 12+ years and nobody can refuse an exchange or put you on any list if you have a legit reason including 'not comfortable with the car'. So please don't spread gossip around.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:09 pm

although my two years doesn't compare to your twelve this is no gossip, that came straight from the mouth of the guy working the aisle on Friday night. I even spoke to the manager, Omar and he said there should not be any exchanges done but wasn't so specific as to why or what will happen.

Originally Posted by matrixca7
I've been renting from National 12+ years and nobody can refuse an exchange or put you on any list if you have a legit reason including 'not comfortable with the car'. So please don't spread gossip around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.