Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by matrixca7
If you don't mind me asking why you chose Fusion over Taurus or Lacrosse? Fuel economy?
I really like the Ford Fusion's cabin, and this was my first chance to rent one with a really good trim. It was really nice, though I'd like to try a Taurus sometime.

I tend to avoid Buicks because I think they're an old man's car, and I don't want to look like an old man.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: Air Canada Prestige 25k, BA Exec Bronze; National EE
Friday Aug 5th 6p.m

ES: Pick your model and color of Durango, several Flex, Jeep GC, Cherokee Trailhawk

EA: Nissan Frontier's, Dodge Grand Caravan, Kia SUV's, Chevrolet Traverse's
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:21 am

Still lots of Durango's around yesterday.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Fri Aug 5 8a. At ES, took a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara for novelty since DW has always wanted to buy one for the iconic styling. Over the course of the weekend she soured quickly on the vehicle build quality, but hey, National saved me a few thousand dollars in an errant car purchase
Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: Air Canada Prestige 25k, BA Exec Bronze; National EE
Thursday Aug 18th 6p.m T1

ES: Seems like they have had a delivery of Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara edition as there were about 6 of those, Taurus, 300S, Jeep GC, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, Silverado, Durango, Edge.

EA: Frontier, Kia SUV, Cruze, Venza
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:53 pm

August 12th 10am

SUV GALORE
T3

EA:

3x 2016 Sante Fe Sport
1x Dodge Durango R/T
4x Jeep Compass
1x Ford Flex
2x Ford Escape
there were more but I didn't notice them

ES:

1x Jeep Grand Cherokee
1x Nissan Frontier
1x Audi A4 (Surprized to see this)
1x Dodge Durango
1x 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL with pano, blind spot, 3k km
2x Ford Flex
2x Ford Edge
1x Ford Explorer
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:30 am

Dowtown Toronto @ Wellington this past weekend and drop off Tuesday:

-Lots of 300S
-Durango and Flex
-Santa Fe XL (looked like a top of the line model)
-Tucson
-Fusion

A few highlights
-Mercedes C250 and a C300
-S3 but it was parked in the back
-Mustang convertible
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
YYZ just got in a bunch of new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited AWD and a couple Wranglers. Also spotted an Impala parked down by Enterprise.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:32 pm

T3, Thursday night
- Grand Cherokee Laredos
- 2 Durango RTs
- Challenger SXT Plus
- Terrain SLT
- Few Jeep Wranglers
- Sorento
- 17' Fusion SE (took)

The Fusion came with the navigation tech package and a sunroof. It also didn't come with that stupid rear spoiler that made me run away from previous Fusions. It is probably now my favourite full-size car.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: National EE
It seems weekend rate at YYZ has dropped to about $23 per day now. Still crazy rates at Wellington and Yonge/Bloor locations.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by matrixca7
It seems weekend rate at YYZ has dropped to about $23 per day now. Still crazy rates at Wellington and Yonge/Bloor locations.
They gotta compete with Hertz who are doing fullsize cars at $25/weekend day and standard SUVs at under $50. I was hoping for a Grand Cherokee Limited but I was assigned a base Terrain on an SFAR reservation and they wanted an extra $50/day to upgrade to the shiny Challenger SXT Plus
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: National EE
Do you need a CDP for Hertz to get the $25 weekend rate?

I'll arrive in YYZ next week on Tuesday and got a one-way rate to downtown from National for $72 tax included for one day. I'll need a full-size SUV as we have many bags. So I figured I could probably get a Durango from the aisle. I checked Alamo and Hertz but their rates are over $100. I'm wondering if I could do any better?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:16 pm

Nope, without CDP is $26/day base for this weekend. With the Aeroplan 10℅ off CDP, it's $35 all in and you get 500 + 1,500 Aeroplan points as well! It's basically free for a one day rental with the value of the miles. That said, Hertz cars usually suck and you probably can find something nicer at National. However, Hertz is cheaper and basically the same if you're just looking for a regular sedan as National's EA/ES don't have many on weekends.

The weekend rate for a Durango at Hertz is $87 all in and has a mileage restriction so you probably can't do better for a Tuesday. That being said, you are guaranteed a Durango Limited or similar unlike technically at National (although you'll probably find one). I did see quite a few Ford Expeditions last night at T3. Maybe you can score one in the ES.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Wellington just got in a couple new 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T with Bose audio, 4G/LTE Wifi, wireless phone charging, Apple car play, Andriod Auto. No sunroof though.

Also spotted an Audi A3 and a couple Explorer XLT.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 3:07 pm

Wellington 09/18 around 11am
Mustang ecoboost premium convertible, mustang GT hard top, CLA250, 300S and the same usual mix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.