- Pathfinder
- Wrangler JK
- Escape
- Flex
- Grand Caravan
- Santa Fe
Old May 1, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
I rented one of the Mustangs this past weekend and they are 2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback coupes equipped very similarly to the ones last summer.

Noticed there was a brand new GMC Terrain in the isle on Saturday otherwise the usual suspects.

Last edited by turbov6; May 1, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Old May 1, 2018, 2:48 pm

can anyone tell me if line lock is off these cars? i can imagine the burnouts one can do

Originally Posted by turbov6
I rented one of the Mustangs this past weekend and they are 2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback coupes equipped very similarly to the ones last summer.

Noticed there was a brand new GMC Terrain in the isle on Saturday otherwise the usual suspects.

Old May 4, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Some new Wrangler JL's (yes, the new body style) have hit the ES at YYZ.

Base 4 door.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:50 pm

How much was the upgrade cost for the mustang?
Old May 7, 2018, 12:27 am

$50 per day

Originally Posted by Dodge01
How much was the upgrade cost for the mustang?
Old May 7, 2018, 3:23 pm

5/5 ES T1/T2

Toyota Tacoma V6 SR5
Mini Cooper Clubman S All 4
Quite a few brand new Durango R/T
Lots of Impala Premier V6, Chrysler 300S, Nissan Maxima, Charger GT and various SUVs

Off to the side were a couple brand new Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium near the returns area. Nice to see those in Toronto as LAX has had them for quite some time.

Asked Hertz about the extreme upgrade as a Presidents Circle member and they wanted $80/day upcharge. After talking to two different managers they offered it for $25/day. Dealing with Hertz is always such a headache I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. On the Hertz website they list Toronto as an Ultimate Choice location coming in 2018 so hopefully there will be more consistency going forward.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:24 pm

The convertibles are starting to arrive at YYZ: 2018 Mustang GT premium convertible with 20" wheels.

The fastback GT hardtops so far have 18" wheels and the 401A package with the 12” LCD Digital Instrument Cluster.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by turbov6
The convertibles are starting to arrive at YYZ: 2018 Mustang GT premium convertible with 20" wheels.

The fastback GT hardtops so far have 18" wheels and the 401A package with the 12” LCD Digital Instrument Cluster.
Slim pickings this past Saturday due to the long weekend, but for some, it's a good thing as upgrades may be easily attainable. I did see the Mustang convertible 5.0 that the agents were trying to sell hard.

Aside from that:

-Minivans
-GMC Tahoe
-Nissan Armada (Interesting vehicle, anyone have any comments on the ride/gas?)
-Nissan Frontier with Pro 4x package
-Brand new Ford Expedition tucked far away

Also took a look at Enterprise, and noticed they had Infiniti QX60s, which I barely see in the EA aisles.

Last edited by humansoul; May 22, 2018 at 7:10 am
Old May 22, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by humansoul
Slim pickings this past Saturday due to the long weekend, but for some, it's a good thing as upgrades may be easily attainable. I did see the Mustang convertible 5.0 that the agents were trying to sell hard.

Aside from that:

-Minivans
-GMC Tahoe
-Nissan Armada (Interesting vehicle, anyone have any comments on the ride/gas?)
-Nissan Frontier with Pro 4x package
-Brand new Ford Expedition tucked far away

Also took a look at Enterprise, and noticed they had Infiniti QX60s, which I barely see in the EA aisles.
I've driven a 2017 Infiniti QX80 at Hertz which is basically a slightly fancier Armada. I have to say that it was the most disappointing vehicle that I've ever driven considering its high price point. The steering is very vague, the ride isn't necessarily quiet, and many trucks are more comfortable. In 50/50 highway and city driving, I got 13mpg (18l/100km) compared to its 15mpg rating. The infotainment was ancient and terribly slow. Many parts of the car (steering wheel, key fob, etc.) look straight out of an Altima. And without the driver assist features, it's a bit cumbersome to make lane changes and what not. I'd much rather have a Durango R/T or GMC Yukon over that again.

On another note, does anyone know if Hertz YYZ has Mustangs of Camaros this year? I'm contemplating whether to book an alternate reservation at Hertz in case they have one that is better or at a lower rate than National's.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Schweden
On another note, does anyone know if Hertz YYZ has Mustangs of Camaros this year? I'm contemplating whether to book an alternate reservation at Hertz in case they have one that is better or at a lower rate than National's.
I've only seen a couple Challengers so far at Hertz. Avis has EcoBoost Mustang convertibles. A couple years back I had a Camaro convertible or similar reservation at Hertz YYZ and they tried to give me a Fiat 500 convertible! Lol

I haven't seen any Camaros convertibles at YYZ since 2015. The Camaro is my goto vehicle in the isle when renting in the States and I would love to see some here.

I was speaking with someone at National and they thought they were getting Camaros this year and then the Mustang GTs showed up. Also National just opened up reservations for convertibles this summer so I imagine they are getting a lot more in. Last summer you couldn't reserve one in advance and could only upgrade if one was available in premier selection.

Monday night T1 had around 5 Nissan Armada in the isle. I drove a brand new one last month and the ride is very soft. You can't even feel bumps on rough roads downtown. Fuel economy is poor as it's a very heavy SUV with a V8. Infotainment is very out of date. I would have to agree in that myself I would much rather have a Durango RT or Yukon/Tahoe.

Last edited by turbov6; May 22, 2018 at 6:41 pm
Old May 22, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Scored a new GT convertible on a midsize rate there and dropped it at YOW. So they have one less mustang. YOW was stoked to get one. Really like the dragstrip mode.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:41 pm

2018 Ford Explorer Platinum's have hit the aisle along with the 2018 Ford Edge Sport's.

The 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum is probably the nicest aisle vehicle for the summer.
Old May 25, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Schweden
I've driven a 2017 Infiniti QX80 at Hertz which is basically a slightly fancier Armada. I have to say that it was the most disappointing vehicle that I've ever driven considering its high price point. The steering is very vague, the ride isn't necessarily quiet, and many trucks are more comfortable. In 50/50 highway and city driving, I got 13mpg (18l/100km) compared to its 15mpg rating. The infotainment was ancient and terribly slow. Many parts of the car (steering wheel, key fob, etc.) look straight out of an Altima. And without the driver assist features, it's a bit cumbersome to make lane changes and what not. I'd much rather have a Durango R/T or GMC Yukon over that again.
I also didn't like the QX80. However, the QX60 was actually quite nice (I didn't use the back though), much better to drive, not as cumbersome. Don't know why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.