Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:05 am

Did a pick up and return at YYZ T1 this past Labour Day Weekend

-Lots of Escapes in the Emerald Club aisles
-Few Ford Fusions, Malibus
-Ford Edge Sport with 20" rims
-Town Cars in the exec
-Sonata, saw a couple of limited editions
-Nissan Maxima as a emerald club aisle car
-Ford Explorer XLT (managed to get this vs my full size class rental)
-Ford Expedition extended, Tahoe, and Lincoln Navigator for full size SUVs
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:05 am

Picked up a 2012 Mustang GT (5.0) at YYZ terminal 1 on 9/19. They still have them! This one was listed as black, but it had the red tri-coat paint so in the sun it looked like a dark cherry. No speed/radio limits on it either.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:30 pm

YYZ just got the following in:

-Hyundai Genesis as Exec rentals
-Ford Expedition MAX for Full size SUV (IMO, Probably better than the GMC selections)
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by humansoul
YYZ just got the following in:

-Hyundai Genesis as Exec rentals
-Ford Expedition MAX for Full size SUV (IMO, Probably better than the GMC selections)
Can confirm the Genesis is now at YYZ. Picked one up from T3 last night. Although the lady gave me a hell of a time at the booth saying that I can't have this car (booked full-size, Genesis was in the exec aisle in the spot right next to the booth) since it was only there as they didn't have anywhere to park it and it's a Luxury car (yea right, even the sticker says Premium).

T1
ES had: A lot of 300's, a couple Taurus SEL's, Explorers, a couple Explorer XLTs, couple Santa Fe's (or Tucson's, could never really tell the difference from a glance), and a couple Edge SELs.

EA had: Caravans / Town & Countries, Mitsubishi Outlander, 300's, a Taurus. All that really stood out for me.

T3 had: Same as T1 really but had a Genesis as well which I grabbed.

I must say, although it's not a bad car, no XM really hurts when the car only has 4k km, the bluetooth is much weaker than on most of the domestic cars (GM and Ford).
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:23 pm

Is it the 2012 Genesis or 2011?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Is it the 2012 Genesis or 2011?
2012...in all it's funky light 300+ HP glory...
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Triggerhappy
2012...in all it's funky light 300+ HP glory...
Jealous! Has the new 8-speed transmission, 333 hp, and LED headlamp accents? awesome!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:40 am

Dropped off the Genesis at YYZ T1 last night and checked out the aisles a bit.

ES - Explorer SLTs again, 2 Yukon XLs (Let's hope they're there next weekend), Couple Chevy Traverse's, a GMC Acadia, Sonatas, Altimas, a Yaris (I think?), a couple 300's
Edit: Oh, and 2 Jeep Liberty's

EA - didn't really make it to the aisle but from what I saw the minivans and an explorer were there.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:04 pm

T1, Nov 5 2011 around noon
ES had a Mustang GT that was snapped up as I walked out, some Escape Limiteds, some Taurus Limiteds and an SHO, a couple Altimas, some 300s, a Challenger, some Chargers and Impalas, a Town'n'Country, and what looked like an NY plated Yaris. I took the Escape for the passenger space. I nearly tried to take an Explorer from the Enterprise spaces abutting the ES, but noticed the key was in the door instead of in the car. The garage walker wouldn't let me take an RVR off the Standard row with my Full-Size res. (I actually like them...)
EA had nothing that stood out, some Sonatas and Fusions at least.

T1, Nov 16 around 10pm
The front-half of ES had Escapes, a striped Mustang, some Tauruses, some 300s, and a Maxima. Ended up with the Maxima ... what a nice car.

I do like how close the ES is to the doors after you've movatored and elevatored through T1 and the parking garage.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:42 pm

Weekend rental. 7pm on a Friday.

T1 EA:
Malibu, flex, Yukon (non xl), minivans

ES:
Altima, couple 300s, Santa fe, traverse, suburban, explorer xlt, lacrosse (my choice).

Was a BMW there (328 from the looks of it) too but in the premium aisle. Should've tried to grab it.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:17 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by kbralten
some Taurus Limiteds and an SHO
I'm surprised drzoidberg hasn't shown up here yet
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm surprised drzoidberg hasn't shown up here yet
I'm going to have to take a trip north someday....
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:30 am

Last night around 7:30 at T1.

Whole lot was devoid of anything smaller than a fusion.

Reserve lots had nothing but SUVs.

Exec lot had like 10 300s, a lacrosse and a flex limited (my choice).
Emerald had a fusion, an impala, and a couple minivans.

Questions / Comments:
2012 Flex Limited is less equipped than 2011. Regular v6 vs the ecoboost and no navi but still a fun ride.

Every time I go to this location and try to look at "Emerald Reserve" aisles I get scolded at by the employees that as an EC member I am to take from the EA and shouldn't be wandering. I'm new to Emerald but thought I could just go to the ER aisles and just grab a car from my designated aisle?

With that in mind, it seems whenever I go there the label for the aisle means absolutely nothing. Yukon XLs parked in compact slots, minivans in midsize etc. if there's a Yukon parked in a compact slot and I have a compact reservation shouldnt I be able to take that?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:31 pm

thanks for the heads up...I'm heading there today in hopes to get in a SUV, Flex or Explorer.

I noticed as long as you're nice to the staff and indicate you're a Executive level member, they will allow you to drive out with whatever selection. I've never tried anything that was convertible, but managed to get premium SUVs or sedans with my midsize contract.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by humansoul
thanks for the heads up...I'm heading there today in hopes to get in a SUV, Flex or Explorer.

I noticed as long as you're nice to the staff and indicate you're a Executive level member, they will allow you to drive out with whatever selection. I've never tried anything that was convertible, but managed to get premium SUVs or sedans with my midsize contract.
Agreed, if I really asked nicely I think I could've gotten it...however I don't think I should have to have an employee "do me a favour" in order to get what I reserved...

Overall though, this applies as long as it's in T1...Went to T3 once...never again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.