Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 9:00 am

10 AM on Wednesday the ES was packed with Grand Caravans, Flexes, and Yukons. There was one Altima, two Maximas and a 200 also on the line. Not what you want to see when you are alone with a small carryon and paying for the gas yourself...

The Standard and Fullsize stalls were also full of minivans and SUVs.

Luckily I was dropping off in the US so a VA-plated Focus 5 door was scrounged up for me to take over the border.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:56 pm

Monday 5/7 around 10am the Exec aisle in T1 had a couple Maximas, a couple Kia SUVs and an Explorer that was being washed. Ended up with a Maxima which was much nicer than the older models I used to get at DCA last year however it didn't have Sirius...Toronto traffic without good music is doubly bad.
Old May 13, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Cars at YYZ

Decent selection this afternoon in the ES at T1 - Altimas, Ford Flex and much to my surprise a fully loaded Infiniti G37x which I selected
Old May 13, 2012, 5:46 pm

Enjoy your g37x! I am enjoying mine from MSP right now! I would enjoy it more if my passenger didnt freak out about my "spirited" driving Everytime the engine goes above 3000 rpm... :-p
Old May 15, 2012, 5:53 am

Sunday night (around midnight) at T1 had a couple Explorers and Flexes along with Altimas, Maximas, and a Wrangler. YYZCS's earlier post had me hopeful a G37 would make its way over to the E aisle but no luck.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:25 am

Tuesday 6/12/12

EE :

Mustang GT 5.0 Convert
Ford Flex
Lincoln MZK

EA : Few new ford foci

Ok so the lot was almost empty, swooped up the GT; I love National
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by hearna
Tuesday 6/12/12

EE :

Mustang GT 5.0 Convert

Ok so the lot was almost empty, swooped up the GT; I love National
Nice! What's the SIPP code for the GT Convertible- STAR?

2012 or 2013 GT?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Nice! What's the SIPP code for the GT Convertible- STAR?

2012 or 2013 GT?
I assume you mean the code on the key?

SSAR

And its 2013; 5000km on her

And boy does she pur; Gloss black, tinted tail lights, ayay!!

Last edited by hearna; Jun 12, 2012 at 11:39 am
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:27 pm

I was so sad picking up today...

Exec: Mazda CX7, Taurus LImited, 3-4 Edges, Mustang GT 5.0 Convert, Explorer XLT, Maxima

Emerald: Mazda 6?, 200, Focus, Fusion

Needed a big ride so I had to take the XLT. How I would've loved that GT
Old Jun 24, 2012, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Sounds like lots of SUVs and crossovers on the aisles still even well into summer. This is good news as I'm going to need something bigger when I fly in on the 28th. I could make do with a fullsize, but an SUV will work well. I'll reply back when I get a chance on what I find!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Sounds like lots of SUVs and crossovers on the aisles still even well into summer. This is good news as I'm going to need something bigger when I fly in on the 28th. I could make do with a fullsize, but an SUV will work well. I'll reply back when I get a chance on what I find!
I picked up on Friday and there were lots of Ford SUVs to choose from, as well as a Mazda 5.

There was also a silver Genesis available but as I was driving ~500 miles, I didn't take it for fear of the gas bill.

I ended up with a factory fresh Mazda 6, which was surprisingly thirsty...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I picked up on Friday and there were lots of Ford SUVs to choose from, as well as a Mazda 5.

There was also a silver Genesis available but as I was driving ~500 miles, I didn't take it for fear of the gas bill.

I ended up with a factory fresh Mazda 6, which was surprisingly thirsty...
I believe the Genesis and Mazda 6 are pretty comparable with MPG.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:56 am

Returning yesterday evening...

Exec: 3 Edges, an F150, Explorer XLT, no converts, no sedans except for a lowly Taurus.
Emerald: No less than 4 Flex's, 200, some other random sedans.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Think I'm going to cancel my Avis booking since the selection is sounding really good and I don't want to end up with an auth on my cc for a car I won't use. That ad I remembered how I'm not generally a fan of Avis YYZ. Can anyone comment on weekday mid-day selection? I'm coming in on Thursday at about 2 PM and back in the fall and winter found that mid-afternoon can sometimes be sparse. However Thursday selection seems to pick up gearing towards the weekend (usually never had a shortage of choice either on Thursday mornings or evenings).
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:31 am

Good morning,

I am actually planning to get one-way through YYZ today with rental credits. It looks like the website blocks all the premiums for one-way. I ended up reserving the full-size. Is it possible to ask for a premium once I land in YYZ providing we can basically get up to premium with a full-size price with the rental credit? Any insights will be appreciated.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Jun 28, 2012 at 10:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.