Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
At MSP the porters always roll down the drivers window when they park the car.. I suspect it is for that very reason.
When I bring a car back I always roll the driver front window down for that reason. No matter the temperature. It's easy at my airport (OMA) because the car return is in a covered garage.
Old May 16, 2014, 8:17 am

This week midday there was a good selection of minivans in ES. 1 Sienna, pick your color Caravans. There was also a Sonata and a Tucson.

I didn't see what was in EA, but there were plenty of vehicles out there this time.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:12 am

ES was pretty barren on Tuesday evening (6/3). Some minivans, lots of pick-ups (Even a Nissan Frontier), and a bunch of Craptivas. I took a Craptiva, as it was the smallest vehicle there and my local office has a painfully tight garage.

It seems that every time I fly through DFW that the consolidated rental facility feels that much further away. It's technically in Waco, correct?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by brendog
ES was pretty barren on Tuesday evening (6/3). Some minivans, lots of pick-ups (Even a Nissan Frontier), and a bunch of Craptivas. I took a Craptiva, as it was the smallest vehicle there and my local office has a painfully tight garage.

It seems that every time I fly through DFW that the consolidated rental facility feels that much further away. It's technically in Waco, correct?
Seems like it. Somedays it just seems to take forever to get to the rental center.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by brendog
Originally Posted by Ledfish
Seems like it. Somedays it just seems to take forever to get to the rental center.
Until very recently, they were doing some construction/roadwork on the toll booths so the Rental Car Shuttle used to take this roundabout way through some backroads instead of the main north-south airport road.

The worst was when you landed at night and they would combine multiple terminals into one bus -- so you spent extra time going to other terminals and then taking the backroad route as well...
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:02 pm

Not sure, but think the construction work is finished now?

I'm flying into DFW on an early morning flight soon, but getting picked up by my daughter, and will then return to the rental area in the afternoon (after getting some sleep) to pick up my car.

If anyone has noted what is sitting in the Premium aisles these days, I'd be interested to hear.....
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by kennethsross
Not sure, but think the construction work is finished now?

I'm flying into DFW on an early morning flight soon, but getting picked up by my daughter, and will then return to the rental area in the afternoon (after getting some sleep) to pick up my car.

If anyone has noted what is sitting in the Premium aisles these days, I'd be interested to hear.....
Yep, all clear now!

Usual suspects in Premium from what I remember -- Avalons, 300s, high-spec Impalas, Genesises, Maximas, etc. I've seen one or two Accords in there as well. They also have a few of the newish Azeras, which I rarely see at other National locations.

Never checked the trim-level of the 300s, but I can't remember seeing any 300Cs in the Premier Selection area unlike some locations (usually, it's convertibles, 3-Series, C-Classes, etc. upfront). So they might have higher-trim 300s in Premium as well.

On a sidenote, according to one of the EA/ES booth agents, DFW also has BMW 5-Series and 7-Series under specialty, but apparently they always get booked out very quickly. I've never seen them.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:31 pm

I know this isn't strictly about the club member aisles, but I wanted to list what was in 'Premium' at DFW on Sunday 29 June, 2014.

Toyota Avalon (x2)
Nissan Maxima (x2)
Buick Lacrosse (x1)

Took the Lacrosse, and would take again.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:46 am
RJ1

Any recent EA/ES reports from DFW?

Are the shuttles still making the round-about route to get the rental car center?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by RJ1
Any recent EA/ES reports from DFW?

Are the shuttles still making the round-about route to get the rental car center?
I'm also interested on the EA selection. I will be in DFW this Sunday around 6:00. Any ideas of what I may find at the Aisle?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by NCRBILL
I'm also interested on the EA selection. I will be in DFW this Sunday around 6:00. Any ideas of what I may find at the Aisle?
Not many changes from previous reports (I rent at DFW every other week). Although I've been seeing a few new-generation 200s and Sonatas in EA (and ES), so that may be something to look out for...
Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:27 am

Going to get a car in two weeks. Are there usually midSUV available in EA or should I ask for one?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by sfly
Going to get a car in two weeks. Are there usually midSUV available in EA or should I ask for one?
I just completed a rental today. When I went in last Friday, they were pretty swamped due to the OSU-FSU game. However they still had plenty of SUVs available in EA. I think you'll be ok.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by sfly
There's almost always an SUV available in ES, but i'd say about 50/50 for EA.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:10 pm

Had a late flight in tonight. Get there at 11:00 with my luxury res and walk out to ER-LUX consisting of 1 ATS which was being taken as I walked up, and 4 Buick Enclaves. Told attendant helping the guy who got the ATS that I had a luxury reservation, she pointed at the enclaves. I told her those were premium crossovers and not luxury and that I wouldn't take them on a luxury res. After much thought, she says she will get the manager. 10 minutes later, manager comes out and says that they are pulling a Meecedes from Enterprise for me, even though there are 2 BMW 3 Series, a K900, and an Escalade sitting in PS.

I wait another 10 minutes and after a 3rd employee talks to me she brings out the keys to one of the BMW 328's. As I am getting situated in that, a MB C300 pulls up for me. Driver asks if I want that instead. After learning it had 31,000 miles on it I stayed put in the 328.

Very frusterating experience overall, and the 328 (as speced) is a pretty average car at best.. I would have rather had a Fusion Titanium to be honest.

ES was full but 95% Equinox/Craptiva/other generic low trim small SUV. There were a couple Impala LTZs and a Fusion SE as well.

Of major note was: MUSTANG GT 5.0 WITH TX PLATES in PS. No price marked but it was an SSAR. They also had a Challenger with a shaker hood, not sure what model or trim that denotes, but it had leather seats and a HEMI badge on the quarter panels.

So overall, poor customer experience overall, I got an upgrade, but it was a big waste of my time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.