Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:47 am

Picked up an hour ago or so. Lot was PACKED.. Both aisles and reserve completely full. ES had same old.. Lots of impalas, a few 300's, the usual. Premium was 300's, Maximas, a few Genesises ( ;-) ). Luxury was a lone 2013 MKX with 2500 miles on it. That I took. There were no greeters what so ever in the lot, so I couldn't ask if I could grab the Camaro or 3 Challengers sitting in an unmarked area near the luxury section.

I have wanted to try an MKX so I'm satisfied with what I got. Only thing it is missing is a sunroof.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:22 pm

Rented this past weekend Friday-Sunday

Exec:
-A few Chrysler 300s, Ford Taurus', 2013 Chevy Malibus, Toyota Avalons, new Nissan Altimas, lots of Impalas and Fusions, 2 new Ford Escapes, 2 Dodge Journeys, 1 Buick Lucerne

EA:
-A couple of VW Jettas and Passats, Malibus, Fusions, Dodge Caravans

Premium:
- 1 Hyundai Genesis, 1 Chrysler 300

Luxury:
-1 Cadillac CTS, 1 Cadillac ATS (!!!!), 1 Lincoln MKT Crossover, 1 Lincoln MKT, 1 VW Toureg (!!!)

Set to the Side:
- Black Camaro, GMC Terrain, 2 Suburbans, 1 Tahoe, 1 Jeep Wrangler
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by hornedfrog09
Rented this past weekend Friday-Sunday

Exec:
-A few Chrysler 300s, Ford Taurus', 2013 Chevy Malibus, Toyota Avalons, new Nissan Altimas, lots of Impalas and Fusions, 2 new Ford Escapes, 2 Dodge Journeys, 1 Buick Lucerne

EA:
-A couple of VW Jettas and Passats, Malibus, Fusions, Dodge Caravans

Premium:
- 1 Hyundai Genesis, 1 Chrysler 300

Luxury:
-1 Cadillac CTS, 1 Cadillac ATS (!!!!), 1 Lincoln MKT Crossover, 1 Lincoln MKT, 1 VW Toureg (!!!)

Set to the Side:
- Black Camaro, GMC Terrain, 2 Suburbans, 1 Tahoe, 1 Jeep Wrangler
Thanks for posting. Interesting selection. We're coming in late tomorrow and have a standard SUV booking. I'm curious to see what they'll offer. This is one of the few times when we absolutely want/need a large-ish SUV so ended up having to book that rather than chance it.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Selection was putrid when I arrived around 2PM on Saturday 12/1. EA looked to be almost exclusively Malibus. ES had loads of Malibus, Altimas, and Chargers, couple of Camrys. One Murano, one small Hyundai or Kia SUV (I forget), and a Dodge Ram access cab truck. I took a 2012 Impala (yuck) because it was the only car with any sort of upgraded package. I waited 5 minutes or so, hoping something better would show up but nothing was coming.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:19 pm

I never got around to posting the selection on the evening of the 15th of November. We arrived quite late and had an early start the next day so didn't pay any attention to any vehicles other than SUVs as that is what we had reserved. There were lots of cars, but none registered whatsoever. In the Standard SUV section there were a bunch of Jeep Liberties. I spotted a few 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe on the EA and I think the ES. I am also pretty sure I saw a Tribeca but it might have been a Murano. I picked a 2012 Pathfinder with 7000 miles off the ES. It proved to be a good choice as we needed a vehicle like that for a specific purpose and it suited nicely.

On return, in the drop off aisle in front of us was a Malibu and behind a Fusion. I found the staff I dealt with on return to be amongst the friendliest I've encountered at any National location.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:16 pm

Rented on Dec. 28 around 5pm. ES had only 2 cars, a Malibu and a pick-up truck. EA had about 3 cars including another pick-up truck. There were a few premium/luxury cars but supposedly they were all reserved. I was told by an Alamo rep that they lost many cars during a christmas day snow storm and also that they had a new company that moved the cars from the returns lot and they were a little slow. Had to wait around half an hour for more cars to come in. Ended up with an Equinox. I agree with arf04 that the staff on return was very friendly.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by plagwate
3-18-11 around 11:00 a.m. - EA was stocked with lots of Impalas but I also spotted a few 2011 Sonatas and Chargers as well. Of course I went with the Sonata.
I was there about the same time. Noticed a red VW bug also. I was looking for something with satellite radio and had to check 6-7 vehicles before finding one that had more than just the preview channels.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA (Plat), National (Exec)
ttt. I live in Dallas but I will be flying in to DFW in a month and renting a car for a week then returning to the Plano office near my house. Curious what the selection is like these days...
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Picked up yesterday and ES was full of mailbus and impalas.
Only one SVU and was some sort of Dodge, one Camry and a jetta.

Not an overly impressive selection.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Whats the deal with tolling in the DFW area? Is it all done by plate recognition or do I need to ask for a transponder? I am going to be driving to AUS and back.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:10 pm

I believe it is platepass. I ran a toll in Austin with no transponder and never got a bill. However, I never got a platepass charge either, so I'm not 100% sure.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:34 pm

Another question, I may need to return to National after picking up a friend who arrives significantly after I do and add him to my contract. What is the best way to do this? Is there a lot outside the consolidated facility that I can enter/exit easily?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 4:19 am

I know there is a small short term lot in the middle of the shuttle bus loops that you can use. However, for the terms and conditions and directions I would consult the airport's website.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA (Plat), National (Exec)
Originally Posted by ellinj
Whats the deal with tolling in the DFW area? Is it all done by plate recognition or do I need to ask for a transponder? I am going to be driving to AUS and back.
If you don't have a tolltag (the local ETC transponder) it will read the plate for billing. Having the tolltag offers cheaper pricing (I believe 25% off).
Originally Posted by ellinj
Another question, I may need to return to National after picking up a friend who arrives significantly after I do and add him to my contract. What is the best way to do this? Is there a lot outside the consolidated facility that I can enter/exit easily?
What part of DFW will you be staying in? I know they have a satellite location in Plano and maybe one near Love.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by GTXgp
What part of DFW will you be staying in? I know they have a satellite location in Plano and maybe one near Love.
Yeah, I know but won't really help, we are staying overnight in DFW and leaving very early on Friday for Austin before the satellite places open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.