Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by mangoMan
At least in NYC I can bring my EZpass transponder and not have to pay the rental car transponder fees (also a racket). I looked into it for TX, but apparently you have to have a TX registered vehicle to get a transponder. EZpass was free, although I had to get one from Mass as the the NY one charges a monthly fee. But then again NYC tolls are higher with an out-of-state EZpass (yet another racket).
I don't think that's true, I opened my NTTA account after moving here but before I switched my car registration here. That said, AFAIK all the Texas agencies now exclusively issue sticker tags, which are not very useful in a rental car. You can however get a K-TAG from Kansas that's suction-cup portable and works in Texas and Oklahoma.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:07 pm

At least in NYC I can bring my EZpass transponder and not have to pay the rental car transponder fees (also a racket). I looked into it for TX, but apparently you have to have a TX registered vehicle to get a transponder. EZpass was free, although I had to get one from Mass as the the NY one charges a monthly fee. But then again NYC tolls are higher with an out-of-state EZpass (yet another racket).
its possible to have NY ez pass with no monthly fees, there are few agencies issuing NY ezpass and you just have to find the correct one
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by hourglass
its possible to have NY ez pass with no monthly fees, there are few agencies issuing NY ezpass and you just have to find the correct one
Interesting. I Googled and apparently MTA is one such agency. However, not sure how to get an EZ pass from them if you are out-of-state (as I am).
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:35 pm

Interesting. I Googled and apparently MTA is one such agency. However, not sure how to get an EZ pass from them if you are out-of-state (as I am).
i am from Ontario Canada ,the online order is automatically fulfilled but to my knowledge it's only issued by an agency with no monthly fee. I also heard about folks picking up prepaid NY ezpass and check the issuing agency before purchasing (should be on the right side of the ezpass) so they don't end up with one with monthly fees
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:56 am

Renting here in a few months -- have EE status. What as of late has been in Executive? While I do have a back-up reservation for my preferred vehicle, trying to find out the likelihood of scoring a larger SUV on the Executive Aisle.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:52 am

Any recent reports? Would like a nicer trim sedan, not a huge fan of SUVs and wont need it this time as it is just me and my wife, no kids. I am executive elite, if that makes any difference.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 8:14 am

Checking in on reports --- I will give one in two weeks. If anyone has a recent update it would be much appreciated as we would like to pull an SUV from the Executive aisle.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: National Executive Elite
Picked up an Audi A4 from the Executive selection after making a reservation for a full size. They had 3 in the lot in total. Great experience!
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 10:23 am

Any larger SUVs on the Exec aisle?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: National Executive Elite
Yes but they were going quickly when I was there. Best to give them a call to make sure.
kelmarino likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Picked up monday afternoon around 530pm. Very little to choose from in the executive elite section. Several pickup trucks, I think one camry, a couple mid/completely average intermediate/full size cars in all basic trim, a couple of the box jeep vehicles (don't know the module), an (I believe) nissan murano and a hyundai Santa Fe. I grabbed the almost new Santa Fe and it was amazing.

There was also 2 EVs available that I Think were in the executive selection, a kia rio and I think the second was a leaf.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 2:30 pm

I have an upcoming reservation at DFW Friday afternoon just wondering what is the probability of having Lager SUVs. I have Executive status but safer side i booked a premium car class (instead of a full-size car class). My reservation says to skip the line and go to the RESERVED section. does DFW have a separate RESERVED section?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.