Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DFW

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Disappointing selection for pickup this Sunday night -- on a fairly sparse lot. Impalas, Malibus, base-trim Altimas, and 200s on the Exec aisle, along with a handful of Patriots and one Rogue; there was a single Charger but it was very very smoky. Few cars to speak of on the EA, there was one Camry over there, but it had 15k miles and a non-power driver's seat. As I left, they were pulling over a bunch more Impalas to both aisles.

Biggest disappointment is probably the low trim levels on everything. Took an Impala LTZ, but kind of loathe it; may see if I can swap out later in the week.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:34 pm

Thursday afternoon, lot was packed full.

Everything from Prius' to Tacomas to Escapes to Fusions to Jettas to Rogues to a ton of sedans.

We drive 450 miles so Prius for us, first time I've seen one on the aisle and there were three this time.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:23 am

Chevy Impala
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:39 am

The EA and ES were pretty sparsely populated on Sunday evening. There were mainly small SUVs (Captivas?), a handful of pickups, and a few crapboxes (Malibus, 200s, and Altimas). As it is TX, and I was visiting a construction customer, I took an F150.

Interestingly, the return line was roughly 10 deep on Wednesday morning and being worked by only 1 agent, so I did the drop and go. I got a call the following day asking about huge scratches on the truck that did not exist when I dropped it off. Girding for a battle between Amex and National.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:10 am

Does the AMEX insurance cover open bed pickups? I know most of the free credit card insurances do not.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by brendog
Interestingly, the return line was roughly 10 deep on Wednesday morning and being worked by only 1 agent, so I did the drop and go. I got a call the following day asking about huge scratches on the truck that did not exist when I dropped it off. Girding for a battle between Amex and National.
For future reference, I would never drop and go at DFW. They've been some of the most aggressive at trying to pin damage on me when returning a car. The fact that the pick-up area is in the darkness of the garage and the drop-off area is on the roof in full sunlight doesn't help with their shady operation. DFW is one of the few locations that I will fully inspect and take pictures of the vehicle prior to checking out, regardless of how late I'm running.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Does the AMEX insurance cover open bed pickups? I know most of the free credit card insurances do not.
It's the upgraded insurance on the plat card, and it does

Originally Posted by plagwate
For future reference, I would never drop and go at DFW. They've been some of the most aggressive at trying to pin damage on me when returning a car. The fact that the pick-up area is in the darkness of the garage and the drop-off area is on the roof in full sunlight doesn't help with their shady operation. DFW is one of the few locations that I will fully inspect and take pictures of the vehicle prior to checking out, regardless of how late I'm running.
If they think they're going to pin something on me, they can fight it out with Amex and possibly my insurance company. If they do press forward, I'll happily take my 150+ rental days per year to another company. While I hated Avis' crap car selection, they never pulled this on me in 7 years of renting exclusively from them.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by brendog
It's the upgraded insurance on the plat card, and it does

If they think they're going to pin something on me, they can fight it out with Amex and possibly my insurance company. If they do press forward, I'll happily take my 150+ rental days per year to another company. While I hated Avis' crap car selection, they never pulled this on me in 7 years of renting exclusively from them.
As an update to this, I spoke with a manager at the National/Alamo/Enterlies DRU after filing an escalation, and she agreed that this location does have a fairly high volume of claims. She also agreed that the claim against me was without merit and closed it out. Looks like I'm using Avis at DFW from now on.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite - Avis First - Choice Diamond - HH Gold
Flying into DFW on Sat, anyone have a look at the EE this week?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:26 am

Pick-up Friday 18-Oct around 10pm .. lot was fully loaded and more cars kept coming in. Has to be one of the best and most varied EA/ES I've ever seen, most anything you could want was on the aisle's, which are huge.

Two hiccups however:
1. The common shuttle claims they run every 5 minutes, it took about 20mins and was incredibly packed. The man next to me timed it and he waited 34 minutes.

2. I closed the boot and went to open the door but the car was locked -- with my suitcase in it and the keys on the dash. However, manager was quick to call for support and help. [Side note: It's amazing how easy it is to break into a car.] She said that happens about once a week -- the guys forget to unlock the cars.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:52 am

At MSP the porters always roll down the drivers window when they park the car.. I suspect it is for that very reason.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by PlateMan
Two hiccups however:
1. The common shuttle claims they run every 5 minutes, it took about 20mins and was incredibly packed. The man next to me timed it and he waited 34 minutes.
My co-worker and I were discussing this same thing at lunch today. It stemmed from comments made on ESPN's College Gameday where they referred to UCF as "The Airport" because of the commentators' love of MCO. That evolved into a conversation of most/worst convenient airports across the US; DFW being one of the worst if you're renting a car.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Got in on Tuesday 11/5/13 at about 4:15pm.

There were zero cars in the Emerald aisle and a single mini van in the Executive aisle.

Was second in line for the executive aisle and got a Buick Encore about 8 minutes after arrival. Only had 400 miles so no complaints.

Never had that happen before.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
1/28 - 4:30pm

Lot had about 10 vehicles. 5 Altimas/Sonata's/Etc, 2 minivans, 2 Tahoes, and 1 Suburban.

Took one of the Tahoes. 2014 LT, Leather, 3rd row, DVD, Sunroof, 9,000mi, backup camera, no SiriusXM.

1/29 2:30pm

Lot was packed. Chose a 2014 Durango Limited: 3,000mi. Nice ride. Heated Seats and steering wheel, Working SiriusXM and Nav, backup camera.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:14 pm

Last Weds (4/23) there were *NO* cars in either EA or ES. There were two minivans at the far end of the garage. Two groups ahead of me were waiting. One took one of the minivans, and then an XTerra rolled up. The group in front of me passed, and I took it.

Last time I rented in DFW (Mid-March), there was the usual selection of Jettas, Malibus, Avengers, etc in EA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.