Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:30 am

Picked up last night, Impala heaven in executive (if you like them). Had a few Camry's (one with Nav), 1 Chevy Traverse, saw a couple of Altima's (and they were bringing more as i stood there), and a Mazda CX9, which is what i took. They had a few cars off to the side (Volvo, BMW, Mercedes), i asked about getting one of those as an executive and they said there is an upcharge for it. Oh well, the CX9 seems to be fairly nice thus far.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:35 pm

Very slim pickings in EA last mid-morning last Monday at DFW. An Impala, a Malibu, and small pickup waaay at the end of the aisle...not counting a couple vehicles with hood up or no keys. Waited around and an Altima finally rolled in, which I grabbed.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
March 15, 2012 1:30 pm

ES and EA were stocked with the same thing:
Altimas, Impalas and Camrys by the dozen, a couple of Chargers and GMC Canyon pickups. I had a premium reservation so I grabbed the Volvo S80.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
ES at DFW was stocked with at least a dozen 2012 Avalons on April 14th at noon.

Also a few 300's, Impalas, and other "normal" things. I was surprised at the size of the flock of Avalons.

I had not driven one yet, so I took it. It's a nice car if you know you'll need to get 4-5 people in it. We went out to dinner that night with 5 adults and everybody was comfortable.

Smooth, quiet ride...until you turn on the windshield wipers in which case it sounds like you've started a 2nd engine.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:50 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by pinniped

Smooth, quiet ride...until you turn on the windshield wipers in which case it sounds like you've started a 2nd engine.
Glad I wasn't the only one to feel that way! Easily the loudest wipers I've ever heard in any vehicle, ever.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Selection on the ES this past Sunday evening was Impalas, Camrys, Altimas, and minivans. Didn't take a close look at the EA, but saw a handful of Malibus, and noticed a lot of people pulling out in Jettas.
Old May 8, 2012, 5:22 pm

I rent at DFW every other month, and this past Thursday had the best EA selection I've seen.

Aside from the ubiquitous Impalas, Camry and Malibus, the aisle had at least one each of Chrystler 300, Dodge Charger, Ford Flex, VW Passat, Toyota Tacoma, Mazda 5 or whatever that crossover van is, Hyundai Sonata, Jeep Liberty and a Nissan Rogue.

We picked the Passat, a great rude for the hundreds of miles we had to drive.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
Picked up on 5/11 at 12 PM. Found the EA with malibu's Camrys and several Passats. Took the Passsat and was surprised it wasn't in the ES.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
I usually get into DFW on Sunday nights or Monday mornings and there always seems to be plenty of Avalons and Impalas in ES. Saw a lonely Camaro and Dodge Ram mixed in with the normal ES selection last week though...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:47 pm

Got into DFW today, and there were only 5 cars in the ES.. I remember seeing two altimas, a 200, a jeep commander, and a Camry.. Nothing else.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Stocked on Friday night, picked up a Sonata off the EA (is it just me or is it better than the cars on ES). Came back Sunday to do an exchange, again pretty stocked, found a lone Lacrosse on ES, fully loaded with the backup camera. Monday afternoon I returned and walked through the lot and it was bare bones.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
Got into DFW today, and there were only 5 cars in the ES.. I remember seeing two altimas, a 200, a jeep commander, and a Camry.. Nothing else.
They havent made the Commander in years...doubt thats what it was.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:09 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I had a reservation about a week ago. The EA and ES aisles were full, but all they had was the normal cars -- Impalas, etc. There were no minivans, SUVs or premium cars. I was looking for a minivan, so I asked an agent and she said that since I was Executive she would let me take a minivan from the minivan section, which I did. There were about half a dozen there, all Grand Caravans with 9k-15k miles.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Returned the minivan last night and had a few minutes so I walked through the EA. About half of it was SUVs this time. Sometimes it's amazing the variation in what's available.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:53 pm

I am renting here this weekend, picking up Saturday morning. For kicks I decided to call the location and ask what they carry for Luxury here. Without missing a beat the agent replied: "Cadillac CTS, Cadillac DTS, and Lincoln Town Car!" LOL

I would almost pay an upcharge to see them produce a DTS from their fleet. The last one rolled off the line 17 months ago, and I don't think anyone has spotted one at a National location in almost as long. The Town Car possibility seems unlikely too.

I am going to roll the dice and book luxury, because it isn't much more than a full-size for this weekend, and it looks like the ES selection here is spotty at best. Maybe I will get something really nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.