Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Deltican
I noticed several Mercedes sitting at DFW the other day.. anyone know what class these are listed in?
Originally Posted by noirpepper
iirc, the C class are luxury and the Suvs are luxury suv. it's good to know they have this new selections which section they were parked at, in the lot?

moderators: do you think it's a good idea to merge this w/ the master thread for DFW?
Had a MB GLK350 at LAS in April, it was:
Vehicle Class Driven: PREMIUM ELITE
Vehicle Class Charged: Luxury 2/4 Door Car Auto A/C

Ron.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by newfbc
Had a MB GLK350 at LAS in April, it was:
Vehicle Class Driven: PREMIUM ELITE
Vehicle Class Charged: Luxury 2/4 Door Car Auto A/C

Ron.
thanks for the update, Ron! and thanks to the mods for merging the posts ^
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Just took out a rental from ES at DFW today. I got a Chrysler 300 silver with leather. Class charged - ICAR, class driven : PXCAR
Also they comped me on the gas. I drove 55 miles and did not fill up - just into town and back for the day. I told the guy I just made Executive and he said he would comp me the gas since I drove such a short distance - the needle was 7/8 tank or better. Nice ride for my jaunt over to SMU.

One piece of advice - if you pick up a car at DFW get directions from the south side of DFW not the north side. My people faxed me directions from the north side and it added about 20 minutes onto my morning drive. DFW is very large geographically and the rental cars are at the south end of the airport. I did not realize how large until I drove it end to end this morning. I'm used to LAX where you can walk from one end to another in like 10-15 minutes tops. DFW in contrast is about 5 miles from one end to the other. Also factor some time to catch the bus - it took about 30 minutes for me to walk out of my hotel room at the Grand Hyatt, take the elevator to the bus, wait for the bus, get the bus, and walk from the bus to my car at the ES lot at National.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:04 am

Just rented from National DFW on Friday Oct 1st at 8pm. Emerald Aisle was fully stocked:

1 Prius
2 Kia Borregos
1 Dodge Charger
3 Hyundai Santa Fes
1 Kia Sorrento AWD
1 Jeep Compass
Several Impalas
Several Toyota Camrys
Several Dodge Avengers
Several Kia Souls

Didn't pay too much attention to the ES, but I did notice some Impalas and Chargers. Didn't look much better than the EA.

I chose the Sorrento because I was needing to haul some things, plus it had satellite radio AND bluetooth. Drove it 363 miles in 3 days and loved it. Great gas mileage too! Almost 24mpg (it was a 4cyl).
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Arrived at 10am on Sunday Nov 14...

EA:
Impalas
Malibus
Chargers
Fusions

ES:
Impalas
Chargers
Traverse (1)
Sorrento (1)
300 (1)
Grand Marquis (1)
Accord (1)

Having spent most recent rentals in a Charger/300 or a Malibu, I opted for the Fusion in the EA instead of picking off the ES.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:15 am

Arrived at DFW 1/23/2011 - around 10:00 AM.

Emerald Aisle and Executive Selection were well stocked.

I told the agent there I was Emerald Club, and he actually directed me to the Executive Selection and said I could pick any car there!

ES Cars:
Chevy Impalas
Buicks (I think Lucerne, not sure)
Kia Sorrentos
Dodge Chargers

EA Cars:
Chevy Malibus
Chevy Impalas
Ford Fusions

There were probably other models, I didn't pay much attention because as soon as I saw the Dodge Charger, we took it. [Note: It's NOT the V8 HEMI version of the Charger, it's a V6 SXT]
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1.7 MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
I've noticed for the past several Monday mornings, the ES lot has around 15 Mercury Grand Marquis', the odd minivan, and a couple of smaller SUVs. I've resorted to going over to the EA just to get a decent car.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bobob
I've noticed for the past several Monday mornings, the ES lot has around 15 Mercury Grand Marquis', the odd minivan, and a couple of smaller SUVs. I've resorted to going over to the EA just to get a decent car.
Don't forget the Impala's!!!!!!!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1.7 MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by zdcatc12
Don't forget the Impala's!!!!!!!
Not much better than a Grand Marquis but better nonetheless...
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
3-18-11 around 11:00 a.m. - EA was stocked with lots of Impalas but I also spotted a few 2011 Sonatas and Chargers as well. Of course I went with the Sonata.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Regarding the tolls, there is no transponder they give. They informed me that my license plate was activated and that I would be billed the a $2 or $3 fee for any day that a toll was charged, as well as the toll fee.

Regarding what was on the lot:

ES: Lots and lots of Impalas, A Chevy Traverse, A Jeep Grand Cherokee...there were probably 25 cars on the lot, and not 1 with leather.

EA: I don't really remember, sorry, but nothing spectacular. I think a few fusions.

I asked the lot attendant if I could take a one of the cars from the VIP area, which included a VW CC, a Volvo VC70, 2 Challengers, a Mustang and 2 300s. She asked which one I wanted. I didn't want to push my luck, so I said "any of them." She went to speak with a manager and came back and gave me keys to a Challenger. In hindsite, I should have asked for the VC70, as I heard it is extremely nice. Oh well, I did manage to average 26.4 mpgs with the Challenger though, which I think is impressive.

I had a good week this week, a Fully loaded Buick Lacrosse CXL (PIT), a Challenger (DFW) and a fully loaded Chevy Equinox LTZ (CLE).
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
12/9/11 @ 10 PM: ES was about half full. Most of them were SUVs and noticed mostly Impalas for sedans. There were some 300's in the mix along with the only Hyundai Genesis that I took. They had Dodge durangos which I was thinking of taking.

Premium was almost empty except for a Buick Regal, Lucerne, and Chrysler 300.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Went to DFW tonight (12/22) and for the first time I was disappointed with the selection. EA and ES had the same cars. Both aisles were full of Impalas, Chargers, Fusion and 2011 Camry. Nothing was different from the two aisle just the same cars. I finally found a Passat at the end of the EA and took that. I would have thought that ES would have had better selection than EA.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, National Emerald Executive, Hertz 5 *, Marriott Platinum
Brutal selection tonight in DFW.

0 cars in ES. In EA 4 Minivans (3 Caravans and 1 Sienna), 2 Chevy Silverados, Chevy Malibu, Mitsubishi Galant and a Hyundai Santa Fe that had "No Key" written on the back window. Went to the Midsize section and grabbed a Ford Focus.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:37 pm

Descent selection

Was picking up a vehicle Thursday on the Exec Aisle. I waited a few minutes as they are always replenishing the selection and I spotted a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited as it pulled into the garage. I snagged it- best rental I have ever driven! Thanks National.

Other selection included:

-Lots of Chevy Impalas
-1 Chrysler 300
-1 Toyota Avalon
-3 Dodge Chargers
-2 Chevy Traverse
-2 Jeep Liberty
-2 2012 Toyota Camry (nav)
-1 2012 VW Passat
-2 Chrysler Town & Country
-1 VW Tiguan
-1 2012 Buick Regal (leather & nav)
-1 Dodge Durango

Emerald Aisle had a few nice rides too:

-2 Mazda CX-7, 1 Nissan Murrano, 1 VW Jetta, a few Hyundai Sonatas, Kia Optimas, lots of Chevy Malibu LTs

Last edited by hornedfrog09; Jan 23, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.