The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:12 am

UA match US?

Will UA match US Air? I read through the last 7 pages or so of this thread, and couldn't find an answer.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: NWA Silver, UA Premier
Originally Posted by bfwolf
Will UA match US Air? I read through the last 7 pages or so of this thread, and couldn't find an answer.
Nope, since both are Star Alliance partners.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:50 pm

Talking Got my status match!

Logged in today and discovered I have Premier status on UA.

Thanks to the moderator and fellow members for all your help and suggestions.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:36 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Yes, UA does match US Airways status.

I just spoke to the MP Service Center, they apparently have a backlog of about 300 of them... they've processed applications up to Nov. 9.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 3:51 pm

Match status at the beginning or end of the year?

I currently have AA Gold Status that will expire in Feb 2007. I also have continental Silver status that I won't expire until Feb 2008.

I am looking at getting matched by UA. I fly out of Chicago so this makes the most sense, But will UA only match AA? Will United know that I am about to lose my AA status and therefore not match?

Lastly, if I match before the end of the year I think my UA status will last until Feb 2008. However, if I wait till January to ask for the match is it true that I will be UA elite for the rest of 2007 and all of 2008?

Basically just confused on whether to ask for the match before the end of the year or not. Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by FCYTravis
Yes, UA does match US Airways status.
I stand corrected. I have a lot of US preferred friends that will be happy to hear this.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Any recent experiences with US Air? It looks like I'll be traveling a lot more regional travel out of Philly, which means lots of US. Will they give a CP for an AA EXP?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:20 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Do any car rental companies match each others stati?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by peter42
Do any car rental companies match each others stati?
Sixt and Europcar do: have a look at this thread.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Governator
Any recent experiences with US Air? It looks like I'll be traveling a lot more regional travel out of Philly, which means lots of US. Will they give a CP for an AA EXP?
Not sure about AA, but last week I requested a status match from UAL 1K (top-tier) to US Chairmans Preferred. 5 days later I had been granted a status match, but only to US Platinum Preferred (which required 75K miles a year to qualify for).
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:55 pm

still waiting on a UA match

Im still waiting for a reply of any sort from UA on a gold Qantas status match

no reply whatsoever. I faxed it 3 times

any clues as to what I can do next?
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Im still waiting for a reply of any sort from UA on a gold Qantas status match

no reply whatsoever. I faxed it 3 times

any clues as to what I can do next?
When was the first time you faxed it to UA ?
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Not sure about AA, but last week I requested a status match from UAL 1K (top-tier) to US Chairmans Preferred. 5 days later I had been granted a status match, but only to US Platinum Preferred (which required 75K miles a year to qualify for).
I've gotton a few PMs about what info I needed and where I sent it to. When I called USAir, I was told to fax a copy of my UA statement and my US Dividend Miles # to:

FlightFund Fulfillment
480-693-8024

Note this fax number is one digit off the number provided in Post #1 of this thread. I also included a copy of my UA 1K card along with the statement, but that wasn't required. BTW, I faxed the info last Monday and my US account was upgraded by last Friday.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 9:11 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
US will match CO Gold to which level?
Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:10 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Has anyone had success getting Marriot to match? I have not stayed in a Marriot for years but I am Gold on Hilton, SPG, and Platinum on Hyatt. I phoned Marriot and they said that it would not be fair to those who actually stayed the required nights because it’s a program to reward frequent stayers. I countered with the fact that many hotels and airlines use the programs as a tool to bring in new business through status match and although the elites who have earned status may not appreciate this usage of the program, the shareholders certainly do as it serves to bring in additional reenue, and of course first responsibility of a corporation is to the shareholders … blah blah blah. Anywayz—that went nowhere. I asked who it was that actually makes the decision as to honor the request or not and she said that supervisors do---great! Can I speak to one?

Thinking I might now have a second time at bat I made my request. Nope. But … after I stay ten nights I am to call the supervisor back personally and she will see to it I am accommodated.

Anyway, next week a company is flying me to the East Coast for a final round of interviews and they are putting me up in a Marriot, so anyone who has managed to wotk the Marriot system, please let me know how.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.