Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

The Status Match Master Thread

The Status Match Master Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by LASflyer
Gail,

Silver is still a pretty low status w/HH. Ask the mfor a stauts match challenge for say Gold and you may be able to reach that fairly easy. They'll want you to fax them your status and proof of Best Western Elite status!
Hope this helps

Thanks for the response LASflyer. I thought about doing a status match challenge but from what I've read here, they generally require more than 10 nights. Since I only travel once a year (this trip) I wouldn't be able to do more than 10 nights. Silver is pretty low but the bonus points offered by it will give me enough for two free nights next year (combined with other points I've got) and get me half way to a third free night - I can live with that if they won't bump me to gold.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA->AA?

Sorry, as I am sure this was mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I can't find it. The OP says that AA does status matches from UA, in addition to the challanges. I just called the AA desk, and they said that they don't do status matches, and it is only done sometimes as a promotion. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Sorry, as I am sure this was mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I can't find it. The OP says that AA does status matches from UA, in addition to the challanges. I just called the AA desk, and they said that they don't do status matches, and it is only done sometimes as a promotion. Is this correct?
Thanks!
Not completely sure whether it was a promotion or not but when I called about a month ago to get a comp for my dad from UA *G to AA Plat they said sure and gave me a fax number. Faxed the standard information in and a few days later his platinum status was showing. The fax number is at the office but can PM it to you on Monday if you'd like.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 6:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I just called the AA desk, and they said that they don't do status matches, and it is only done sometimes as a promotion.
The only posts we've seen on the AA forum this year on status matches have been specific to the Chicago market, or because the traveler is comped through an arrangement with their employer. We just don't see a lot of posts there about flyers getting comped in from other airlines. The majority of posts do relate to "challenges" instead of "comping".
Old Sep 16, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: US Silver, HH Gold VIP, Avis Preferred Select. P-*A Silver
Hola FTers,

I was wondering if UA will status match me as a sson to be US Gold. I may be transferrimg to Denver for work and I was wondering if they will do that. Seeing as that I will be flying more UA due to my new location
Old Sep 18, 2006, 3:29 pm

FYI, I faxed my request requesting UA matched status based on existing Platium AA status on 9/13. Check online today (9/18) and my UA status is now Premier Executive. Thanks FT. By the way, the fax number is 605-341-6140 .
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Life Time Gold, AA Exec Plat, UA Premier Platinum, *A Gold, SPG Gold
AA Plat to CO Plat

This may have been asked somewhere in this humongous thread but...

Will CO upgrade status? I'm AA Plat, flying around 75k per year.

TIA
Old Sep 21, 2006, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agentangel
This may have been asked somewhere in this humongous thread but...

Will CO upgrade status? I'm AA Plat, flying around 75k per year.

TIA
You would only get Gold.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 1:27 pm

Location: Oklahoma City, OK - NWA Gold - AA Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Gold
Programs: NW, CO, WN, HH
So looking at the first post on this thread, I noticed that CO looks for an elite statement from your current carrier. My goal is to basically get CO to match my NW status (simply because award flights on NW are rarely available out of my city; however it appears CO awards are more often). I figured I could do so through UA. If I were to do that, would CO have a problem of my lack of an elite statement from UA?
Old Sep 22, 2006, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TopDawg4OU
So looking at the first post on this thread, I noticed that CO looks for an elite statement from your current carrier. My goal is to basically get CO to match my NW status (simply because award flights on NW are rarely available out of my city; however it appears CO awards are more often). I figured I could do so through UA. If I were to do that, would CO have a problem of my lack of an elite statement from UA?
I think that they would have a problem. Also, CO does not have very good award availability, hence the name "NonePass."
Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:31 pm

Programs: Plat CO, UA Premier executive, Sil Marriott, Sil HH
Co to UA

I'm platinum with CO, over 100K miles/year for the last 3 years. I just faxed a request to UA for status match, hoping they'll make me at least premier executive (I don't loose hopes for 1K).
Old Sep 22, 2006, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OC Traveler
(I don't loose hopes for 1K).
Lose it right now.

Let us know what happens.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:54 am

Programs: Skyteam
I mailed by UA match request on Wednesday. How long does it take through snail mail?
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
I faxed AirTran a note and printout of my DL Online statment around 6pm yesterday, and my status was already updated at 10am this morning.

Amazing turnaround time!
Old Sep 25, 2006, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Hey folks !

Just dreamed this of 2 things that made me curious

First is, my better half wants to get SPG Plat too for the case she's travelling alone. Currently shes Hyatt Diamond and Hilton Gold. Will they match these ones and if yes for how long is her status valid?

Second is about my AA membership. I earned PLT in 2003 via challenge and flew alot in the years after. This year I end up with 20k miles after our family got bigger. Is it possible to request a match with AA from my BMI Gold that I get PLT back in March or April?? Never had a match on my AA account before, I earned PLT with challenge (as mentioned above).

Thanks for any info,

:-:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.