The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific Diamond
Hi All just wondering I am Aeroplan Elite and wanting a status match on an Asian Carrier. JAL OR CX any info. Air Canada sucks for flying into DEL and I need a change. ?
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by csharma137
Hi All just wondering I am Aeroplan Elite and wanting a status match on an Asian Carrier. JAL OR CX any info. Air Canada sucks for flying into DEL and I need a change. ?
Good luck getting an Asian carrier to match. The only chance is via sales division of your preferred carrier, and it's unlikely that as an Aeroplan Elite your pushing enough revenue to make this work.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:09 pm

UA match from qantas

Well its now 12 working days since I sent the status match to UA for my friend

should I resend?? or does someone have a direct fax n o tot he status match dep

thanks
Old Sep 1, 2006, 2:17 am

Programs: CX MPC Gold
CX to somewhere..

hello all,

am currently cx mpc silver - based out of hkg. fly mainly to JNB, CPT & IST.

problem is bcos 1world does not have a convenient routing to IST i end up flying to IST on EK; hence lose close to 24k miles per year on that sector.

want to join a programme allowing me to fly to all my dest with perks.

friend says to status match to UA and hence be silver on STAR network flying SQ to all above mentioned dests.

flying out in a week and dont know which carrier to fly on.

any comments would be most appreciated.

cheers.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:34 pm

Thumbs up Status Match - SQ => UA

I'm moving to California in October, and last Wednesday called United to ask about a possible status match from SQ Elite Gold to an "equivalent" level with UA. Faxed through my account details etc. & next day received an e-mail confirming status match to UA 1P (Premier Executive) - new card & info pack in the mail!!

Thanks UA!!
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
From the Master Thread

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Well its now 12 working days since I sent the status match to UA for my friend
should I resend?? or does someone have a direct fax n o tot he status match dep
thanks
Just pull this from the Master Thread, Post #1. Hope it is still current,

Mileage Plus Service Center
Attention: Premier Status Match
P.O. Box 28870
Tucson, AZ 85726

Or via Fax: 605-343-0215

God luck
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze, BA AMEX
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Just pull this from the Master Thread, Post #1. Hope it is still current,

Mileage Plus Service Center
Attention: Premier Status Match
P.O. Box 28870
Tucson, AZ 85726

Or via Fax: 605-343-0215

God luck
I have tried this out and there is no answer to the fax number. I can see from the history in this thread that the last succesful fax request was at the end of July. Does anyone know of an updated fax number or where this information comes from? I have searched on united.com and could not find anything.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:37 am

Updated fax #

605-343-4104 => this is the fax # I sent my docs to last week. Best of luck.

gleff, could you update 1st post please?

Cheers, Simon.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze, BA AMEX
Originally Posted by ghostboy
605-343-4104 => this is the fax # I sent my docs to last week. Best of luck.

gleff, could you update 1st post please?

Cheers, Simon.
Great this worked a treat, and they have already processed and upgraded/matched me.

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by Montreal
Hi,

I faxed in, on behalf of my boss, his UA 1K status and 80 segments so far on UA this year to request a status match from NWA at 218-254-7567 on August 8th. He has flown Northwest a few times this year (some reason miles were not credited) and will be flying NW a lot. So far today Aug 21 his account still shows Base Member.

Is there any number that I could call to follow-up? Should I refax? Any advice would be much appreciated. I myself had a great experience matching my Air Canada Elite Status to UA Prem Executive which was reflected online within 24 hrs. of me faxing my request so I was hoping that Northwest wouldn't be too far behind!
I (UA1k) too faxed in my request about 10 days ago and heard nothing.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Advantage (Platinum)
I'm Gold on AA, and am flying Delta for work a couple of times this month - I faxed my request to them with a copy of my AAdvantage statement on Tuesday (9/5), checked my SkyMiles account this morning (9/7), and I am now Silver Medallion on Delta.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 1:17 am

Programs: MARR Plat, RCC, UA1K MM Nat EX Elite HH DIA 2 Bks B/Chip Stamps
Originally Posted by gailmjohnson
Hi all,

I had posted a while back in the BW status match thread asking about Hilton upping my status from blue because I have platinum status with Best Western and was told to post my results here.

I signed up for HHonors in March and built up enough points (without staying at a Hilton) for a Cat. 4 stay on an existing reservation for March 2007 (10 nights). When I called to see if I could use a reward night on an existing reservation, they processed it with no problem.

So I asked about the status upgrade and was told to stay one night of the March reservation then call them back and she would bump me up to silver before I checked out for that stay. So the end result is that I will get the higher status before checkout and it will be applied to this stay for posting of points.

Hope this info helps someone else. As BamaVol stated in the other thread, you won't get anything unless you ask.

Gail
Gail,

Silver is still a pretty low status w/HH. Ask the mfor a stauts match challenge for say Gold and you may be able to reach that fairly easy. They'll want you to fax them your status and proof of Best Western Elite status!
Hope this helps
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:34 am
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
QF match for NZ Gold Elite?

I'm NZ Gold Elite and looking at flying QF for at least some of my business. Is there an established match procedure?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 4:48 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
I'm NZ Gold Elite and looking at flying QF for at least some of my business. Is there an established match procedure?
Anybody?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
Anybody?
Qantas is notoriously cheap when it comes to status matches. There are numerous threads in the QF forum about this very topic..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.