Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2006, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Second is about my AA membership. I earned PLT in 2003 via challenge and flew alot in the years after. This year I end up with 20k miles after our family got bigger. Is it possible to request a match with AA from my BMI Gold that I get PLT back in March or April?? Never had a match on my AA account before, I earned PLT with challenge (as mentioned above).
According to the conversations that I have had with AA phone agents, they are not doing any status matches now, and are only doing challanges. They said that they do matches as a promotion a few times a year, but not right now. Sorry.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
According to the conversations that I have had with AA phone agents, they are not doing any status matches now, and are only doing challanges. They said that they do matches as a promotion a few times a year, but not right now. Sorry.
I would agree with a challenge but I heard it's not possible to do one multiple... But probably the system changed
Old Sep 26, 2006, 3:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
CO Platinum match for EXP

After crossing 125,000 miles this year on AA (3.5Million+ lifetime miles), decided to go outside OneWorld and *Silver (on LH) and faxed a status match request to CO at about Noon PST.

Within 1 hr, status matched to Platinum.

Booked a bunch of flts on CO. Very inexpensive last minute SFO-EWR and SJC-EWR. EWR-DEL is also quite apealing for last minute travel (AA charges $4K even in coach for last minute travel on ORD-DEL though I've had 100% VIPOW upgrades on multiple trips).

I'll probably keep both CO Plat and AA EXP.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
First is, my better half wants to get SPG Plat too for the case she's travelling alone. Currently shes Hyatt Diamond and Hilton Gold. Will they match these ones and if yes for how long is her status valid?
They will not match HHonors Gold for SPG Plat, but you can give it a shot to match her Hyatt Diamond. Starwood Lurker sets out how to go about matching here.

Also the timing issue question has also been answered by Lurker here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175916
Old Sep 26, 2006, 9:58 am

Programs: Plat CO, UA Premier executive, Sil Marriott, Sil HH
Match CO plat to UA

Lose it right now.

Let us know what happens.

I faxed the information on friday, and got an e-mail first time in the morning on monday matching to 1P. I reply asking for 1K, perhaps through a challenge, and they haven't replyed yet. We will see, still have hope.

On the other hand, it was extremely fast. Quick question for you, more experenced travelers - Do I get any perks with the 1P card (upgrades, hotel VIP, etc?) txs
Old Sep 27, 2006, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
mrs psyflyer is AA Plat-lite and DL SM. Will DL match GM w/ AA plat? Anyone has experience with this?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by OC Traveler
I faxed the information on friday, and got an e-mail first time in the morning on monday matching to 1P.
I keep getting no answer on the UA fax line - 605-343-0215. Has anyone else tried lately, or is there a better # ?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 3:18 am

Programs: AA EXPlt/MM 2.2, Priority Club PLT RAMB
Sorry, as I am sure this was mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I can't find it. The OP says that AA does status matches from UA, in addition to the challanges. I just called the AA desk, and they said that they don't do status matches, and it is only done sometimes as a promotion. Is this correct?

Thanks!
I have only heard of matches done in markets where they are competitive/want to pick up market share with UA
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:39 am

Verification of UA status match fax number?

Can anyone verify the UA status match fax number listed on page 1 of this thread: 605-343-0215.

I've been trying to fax them for the last day or so, but the phone number only rings without a fax machine or a human answering.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 1:50 am

I noticed the UA fax line is dead as well. I found another fax line in this thread 605-341-6140 that is a fax line but won't seem to take faxes. I will call the UA service center(800-421-4655) when I get a chance and ask what the fax number is.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by psyflyer
mrs psyflyer is AA Plat-lite and DL SM. Will DL match GM w/ AA plat? Anyone has experience with this?
So i faxed info to DL for mrs psyflyer and im still waiting, called and they said these things can take up to 3-4 weeks.

Then yesterday I thought I should do this for myself as well as im loosing my GE on NW and will only requalify for SE and thought to fax in my current GE card to DL to try for GM. I sent them my statement that shows 10+ DL shuttle all credited to NW and explained that I would have credited them to my DL acct should there have been a mileage bonus. Mrs. psyflyer and I tomorrow leave for a w/e on DL and i just logged in to DL in my account to print BPs and it shows Gold Medallion for me and poor Mrs psyflyer is still SM
Old Oct 5, 2006, 2:03 pm

New UA fax number

Originally Posted by Jayman007
I noticed the UA fax line is dead as well. I found another fax line in this thread 605-341-6140 that is a fax line but won't seem to take faxes. I will call the UA service center(800-421-4655) when I get a chance and ask what the fax number is.

I just called UA and the new status match fax number is 605-343-4104
Old Oct 6, 2006, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jayman007
I just called UA and the new status match fax number is 605-343-4104
Thanks. How long for the status match to go throw nowadays?
Old Oct 8, 2006, 6:14 am

Programs: US Airways SP, Hilton Gold VIP,National Emerald,AVIS Preferred
Get AmEX Hilton and get Silver right away

Originally Posted by gailmjohnson
Hi all,

I had posted a while back in the BW status match thread asking about Hilton upping my status from blue because I have platinum status with Best Western and was told to post my results here.

I signed up for HHonors in March and built up enough points (without staying at a Hilton) for a Cat. 4 stay on an existing reservation for March 2007 (10 nights). When I called to see if I could use a reward night on an existing reservation, they processed it with no problem.

So I asked about the status upgrade and was told to stay one night of the March reservation then call them back and she would bump me up to silver before I checked out for that stay. So the end result is that I will get the higher status before checkout and it will be applied to this stay for posting of points.

Hope this info helps someone else. As BamaVol stated in the other thread, you won't get anything unless you ask.

Gail
Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:02 pm

has ANYONE who is Qantas gold been given UA gold ??
I have sent in 3 requests for a friend and had absolutely no reply or success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.