Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Status Match from HHonors Diamond to Starwood Plat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Status Match from HHonors Diamond to Starwood Plat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Exclamation FAQ: Status Match from HHonors Diamond to Starwood Plat

/mod

submit your a copy of your Hilton HHonors Diamond membership card and an online printout of an account statement, along with your SPG account number, to (fax) 512-997-9046 or (email) [email protected]

/mod

Faxed in my credentials etc to the Fax # indicated based on my search of the board topic of status match from HHonors Plat to Starwood Plat.

Just wondering what is the amount of time they are taking these days to process my request - 7 days or more?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
ak_co

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Oct 21, 2009 at 10:53 am Reason: Added info on where to apply for status match
Old Feb 27, 2004, 11:14 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
It can take up to three weeks.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Feb 27, 2004, 11:35 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ak_co:
HHonors Plat to Starwood Plat. </font>
HHonors DMD to Starwoods PLT.

Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:27 pm

Yes, you would have to actually be a Hilton Diamond member for this to work.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I made a typo...I am an HHonors Diamond (have been since 1997) and so I guess I will wait patiently. Appreciate everyone's response.

Thanks,
ak_co
Old Feb 27, 2004, 2:37 pm

My request last month was processed in three business days.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Well I faxed in my card along with the last 12 months of statements from HHonors on Feb 22 and today is Feb 27...I have reserved a few Westin stays in the 2nd week of March.

Well I will let my record speak for itself and hope that they are reviewing the 120+ stays last year.

Thanks,
ak_co
Old Feb 27, 2004, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I simply printed out my account page from the HHonors website showing I was a Diamond and faxed it in.

My status was comp'd within a week.

And, I should say that I haven't looked back - good riddance to Hilton.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 8:11 pm

I was given a different number to fax my records into. The number was 1-512-836-4002.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 11:11 am

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
When I did this last spring they changed my status in only 10 hours I was very impressed.

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond,SPG Plat,PC Plat,SAS Silver
Old Feb 28, 2004, 1:08 pm

Starwood Preferred gave me an email address. I copied my HH Diamond account page from the Hilton web site and attached it to the email.

Within two days, my Starwood account online showed Platinum status.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 1:15 am

Programs: Amex, AS, Hyatt
Mine was processed within a few days as well eariler this month.

And I've booked 5 Starwood stays already for next month! Definitely pleased with the comp to Platinum!
Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Well I have received my comp status upgrade and its valid for one year. I already have 5 nights booked at a Westin over 2 upcoming trips. I am very impressed so far!

Thanks,
ak_co
Old Mar 15, 2004, 3:49 pm

Lurker:

Has the match status comp policy at SPG changed? I remember a post from Lurker that said SPG will match status for a minimum of one year, with expiration occuring at the end of February. That meant that if you sucessfully applied for matching status in April 2004, you would get comped to Platinum until 28 Feb 2006. I called SPG recently and was told that the comp policy at SPG is to provide comp status for 12 months from the date it is grated (regardless of when that happens during a year) and that re-qualification for Plat would be based on stays during that 12 month period (not on a calendar year basis). This could have some real implications for when you might want to request comp status, especially if you thought you were planning on using summer or fall stays in 2005 to re-qualify. Lurker, can you clear this up?
Old Mar 15, 2004, 4:00 pm

Whenever a comp status is done, it is for at least 12 months. It could be longer depending upon when you ask for it. Right now, accounts will re-set until February 28, 2006 and you would have to re-earn it from January through December of 2005.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.