Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2006, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I need to do a status match for someone for UA.
when should I wait till to get it till 2008?

they arent travelling till dec but want to make sure he getas a good seat but he is silver now.
If you request a status match now they will get 1P status through Feb 2008.
Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Alaska Match - When to ask for status thru 2008 ?

Wondering if anyone knows when Alaska will start giving MVP gold on a match through 2008 ?

Has anyone out there gotten an Alaska match recently, or in August of a previous year ? Is it safer to wait until September ?
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:41 pm

thanks jim!
doing it today
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:14 pm

Which AA Statement did you send

I don't get paper statements anymore from AA. So what "statement" can I send them?
thanks,
Frank

Originally Posted by ORDinary Gold
FWIW, the following worked. I faxed this to them and UA responded by email 10 days later. They upped me from General Member to Premier Exec, expiring in 2/08. I had 16,951 YTD EQMs on the AA statement I sent, dated 6/26/06.:

Date: June 26, 2006

Number of pages including this cover: 2

To: UA Mileage Plus Service Center
Premier Service Match

Fax number: 605-343-0215

As you can see from my attached statement, I am currently have “Platinum” status on American Airlines, but I would like to shift my business to United. I have a trip booked on UA for tomorrow (conf # X9X9XX), and a number of additional trips in the works, which I would prefer to fly on UA if you would be willing to match my elite status to your equivalent level.

Please feel free to call me at 999-999-9999 or email if you have any questions.

My Mileage Plus number is 99999999999.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by flyer383jht
I don't get paper statements anymore from AA. So what "statement" can I send them?
thanks,
Frank
just print your online statement...
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:43 am

Is 10 days about the norm in getting a response from United? I just want to know when I should refax or call to find out about the status of a status match request.

Originally Posted by ORDinary Gold
FWIW, the following worked. I faxed this to them and UA responded by email 10 days later. They upped me from General Member to Premier Exec, expiring in 2/08. I had 16,951 YTD EQMs on the AA statement I sent, dated 6/26/06.:

Date: June 26, 2006

Number of pages including this cover: 2

To: UA Mileage Plus Service Center
Premier Service Match

Fax number: 605-343-0215

As you can see from my attached statement, I am currently have “Platinum” status on American Airlines, but I would like to shift my business to United. I have a trip booked on UA for tomorrow (conf # X9X9XX), and a number of additional trips in the works, which I would prefer to fly on UA if you would be willing to match my elite status to your equivalent level.

Please feel free to call me at 999-999-9999 or email if you have any questions.

My Mileage Plus number is 99999999999.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I m planning a RTW in NOV/DEC using my LH points (Y award). To ensure comfortable travel (lounges etc. ) I d like to get Star Gold status again. I read that it s possible with bmi and united... My preference would be bmi because I could use UA later when I return to US in a few years. Any experience and suggestions how to handle status match with bmi??
According to your profile you have SQ PPS which is also *Gold so confused why you need another *Gold card. Mind you, if you have SQ PPS, you should have earned enough miles to get *Gold with any other star alliance carrier to whom you put your miles to.

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Programs: AA PLT, SQ PPS, BMI *G, CO GLD, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMND, SIXT
I'm guessing from the BMI *G that BD managed to comp you.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
Any non american airlines match american airlines?

Will any non american airlines (ie asian or european airlines) match american airlines' elite statuses?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by nmb333
Is 10 days about the norm in getting a response from United? I just want to know when I should refax or call to find out about the status of a status match request.
It should take about 7-10 days before your account shows the new status. I know a few people that had their requested granted in less than 2 weeks. Give it a few more days.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by donuteric
It should take about 7-10 days before your account shows the new status. I know a few people that had their requested granted in less than 2 weeks. Give it a few more days.
Thanks for the reply. My status posted yesteday and I got an email. I appreciate everyone's response to my question.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 6:21 pm

United

I sent in a status match( for a friend travelling soon and already silver UA) from Qantas gold to UA 5 days ago and the status hasnt changed but I jsut read that it takes 10 days but just a question
is Qantas one of the ones that UA will match too?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 9:14 pm

How long from UA 1K to any NWA status?

Hi,

I faxed in, on behalf of my boss, his UA 1K status and 80 segments so far on UA this year to request a status match from NWA at 218-254-7567 on August 8th. He has flown Northwest a few times this year (some reason miles were not credited) and will be flying NW a lot. So far today Aug 21 his account still shows Base Member.

Is there any number that I could call to follow-up? Should I refax? Any advice would be much appreciated. I myself had a great experience matching my Air Canada Elite Status to UA Prem Executive which was reflected online within 24 hrs. of me faxing my request so I was hoping that Northwest wouldn't be too far behind!
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:47 am

Well I patiently waited 10 working days and the account still has premier on it
Do u think I should re send his request in?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gleff
Delta

Will match status, generally to equivalent level up to Gold (mid-tier)

Send a copy of your current elite statement or elite card along with a note explaining you'd like to shift your busy to them if they'll match your current status to:

[Edit] There are recent reports of Delta offering "challenges" in response to status match requests -- that is, fly x segments in y days for status.
Thanks for this thread. Will let you know how the request turns out!
Old Aug 25, 2006, 4:44 pm

BW status match to Hilton

Hi all,

I had posted a while back in the BW status match thread asking about Hilton upping my status from blue because I have platinum status with Best Western and was told to post my results here.

I signed up for HHonors in March and built up enough points (without staying at a Hilton) for a Cat. 4 stay on an existing reservation for March 2007 (10 nights). When I called to see if I could use a reward night on an existing reservation, they processed it with no problem.

So I asked about the status upgrade and was told to stay one night of the March reservation then call them back and she would bump me up to silver before I checked out for that stay. So the end result is that I will get the higher status before checkout and it will be applied to this stay for posting of points.

Hope this info helps someone else. As BamaVol stated in the other thread, you won't get anything unless you ask.

Gail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.