Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2008, 4:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I sent in mine and got a response within 48 hours!^
Congratulations to you too, lucky. Maybe I will hear something tomorrow.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
Congratulations! That was about a 72-hour turnaround, right? I sent mine yesterday, so I guess I should expect a response on Friday.
Yeah

Seems like NW improved... The last Status match of a friend took 3 weeks.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Me too

I just got this email:

Dear Mr Flying Buccaneer,

Thank you for contacting Northwest Airlines in regard to upgrading your
WorldPerks account, xxxxxxxxx.

A variety of criteria, including information from your American Airlines
mileage summary, is considered when evaluating requests from members to
match elite status from another airline. After reviewing the
information provided to us on your AAdvantage account, your Northwest
WorldPerks account has been upgraded to Platinum Elite status. This
one-time complimentary membership upgrade will remain valid through
February 28, 2009.

The email went on to say that the status will be extended through the 2009 program year, as it was for skywalkerLAX and lucky9876coins.

The past few years, I have split my travel between AA and UA. I flew more on UA in 2004-2005, pretty equally in 2006, and more on AA in 2007-2008. For 2009, UA will be the odd man out, so to speak.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats, FB!^

Let's plan some flights together for once.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Congrats, FB!^

Let's plan some flights together for once.
Definitely. Of course, now that I am NW Elite, I don't see all those great fares that they always had when I wasn't interested!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
What do you guys think NW would match me with? I'm BMI Gold, AA Plat, and DL Gold. My BMI and AA accounts have minimal activity this year - BMI with one roundtrip to AUS/NZ and short intra-Asia flight both in business, AA with one domestic transcon. I wouldn't be sending them anything from my DL account.

Do you think the BMI and AA cards would be enough for NW Platinum?
Old Oct 12, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: United 1K
Will Northwest match my Platinum Elite status on Continental

Now that CO is leaving Skyteam, I want to switch to Northwest. Will they match my Platinum status on CO?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No firsthand experience, but I'm betting they won't match quite yet. You can give it a try, but I think it'll be a few months or maybe even a year before that happens.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW Plat
What am I supposed to send NW if I would like NW to match my elite status on UA? Is the monthly My Mileage Plus Summary email OK for this purpose? Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imaries
What am I supposed to send NW if I would like NW to match my elite status on UA? Is the monthly My Mileage Plus Summary email OK for this purpose? Thanks.
FWIW I just sent a screen shot of my main mileage summary page when I log into my MP account, and they accepted that.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:31 pm

FWIW I just sent a screen shot of my main mileage summary page when I log into my MP account, and they accepted that.
Is there an e-mail address for NW status match? I searched this thread and looked through the original post but couldn't find it. Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Well, as a fellow TPA-er, here's why I did NW.
The one that caught my eye was the fact DL and NW are merging so you could theoretically comp to DL Plat in the future. I haven't flown a Skyteam airline since 1996 (!!) but having top tier status in all three alliances would be nice.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lutz
Is there an e-mail address for NW status match? I searched this thread and looked through the original post but couldn't find it. Thanks.
Nope, only fax or mail.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 4:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...
Hi, does anyone know about the email address for NWA's WorldPerks programme to inquiry about status match. I have emailed to [email protected] with status match request and my Star Alliance Gold as well as other elite cards but got an negative reply as below. Any tips / advices would be most appreciated! thanks a lot!!! ^

However, 75,000 Qualifying Miles or 100 Segments is necessary to receive the Platinum status for a WorldPerks account. This requirement cannot be waived.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 6:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by youfly
Hi, does anyone know about the email address for NWA's WorldPerks programme to inquiry about status match. I have emailed to [email protected] with status match request and my Star Alliance Gold as well as other elite cards but got an negative reply as below. Any tips / advices would be most appreciated! thanks a lot!!! ^

However, 75,000 Qualifying Miles or 100 Segments is necessary to receive the Platinum status for a WorldPerks account. This requirement cannot be waived.
I used the fax # in the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.